List of fraternities and sororities at Georgia Institute of Technology
Greek life at Georgia Tech includes over 50 active chapters of social fraternities and sororities. All of the groups are chapters of national organizations, including members of the North-American Interfraternity Conference, National Panhellenic Conference, and National Pan-Hellenic Council. The first fraternity to establish a chapter at Georgia Tech was Alpha Tau Omega in 1888, before the school held its first classes. Most of the IFC and CPC organizations have houses on Georgia Tech's campus, generally on or near Fifth Street, Ferst Avenue, Fowler Street, or Techwood Drive, in the area known as the "Greek Sector." The first sorority to establish a chapter was Alpha Xi Delta in 1954. Students with Greek affiliation make up around 26 percent of the undergraduate student body.
- 1 Members of the Georgia Tech Interfraternity Council (IFC)
- 2 Members of the Georgia Tech Collegiate Panhellenic Council (CPC)
- 3 Members of the Georgia Tech Pan-Hellenic Conference (NPHC)
- 4 Members of the Georgia Tech Multicultural Greek Council (MCG)
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Members of the Georgia Tech Interfraternity Council (IFC)
There are currently 32 active members of the Georgia Tech Interfraternity Council (IFC).
|Alpha Epsilon Pi (ΑΕΠ)||Zeta||1920, Rechartered: 1946||"AEPi"|
|Alpha Sigma Phi (ΑΣΦ)||Zeta Eta||2012||"Alpha Sig"|
|Alpha Tau Omega (ΑΤΩ)||Beta Iota||1888||"ATO"|
|Chi Phi (ΧΦ)||Omega||1904, Rechartered: 2004|
|Chi Psi (ΧΨ)||Iota Delta||1924|
|Delta Chi (ΔΧ)||Georgia Tech||1991|
|Delta Sigma Phi (ΔΣΦ)||Alpha Gamma||1920, Rechartered: 2002||"Delta Sig"|
|Delta Tau Delta (ΔΤΔ)||Gamma Psi||1921||"Delt"|
|Delta Upsilon (ΔΥ)||Georgia Tech||1957||"DU"|
|Kappa Alpha Order (ΚΑ)||Alpha Sigma||1899||"KA"|
|Kappa Sigma (ΚΣ)||Alpha Tau||1895||"Kappa Sig"|
|Lambda Chi Alpha (ΛΧΑ)||Beta Kappa||1927 as a chapter of Beta Kappa, joined ΛXA in 1942||"Lambda Chi"|
|Phi Delta Theta (ΦΔΘ)||Georgia Delta||1902||"Phi Delt"|
|Phi Gamma Delta (FIJI)||Gamma Tau||1921||"Fiji"|
|Phi Kappa Psi (ΦΚΨ)||Georgia Beta||2000||"Phi Psi"|
|Phi Kappa Sigma (ΦΚΣ)||Alpha Nu||1904||"Skulls"|
|Phi Kappa Tau (ΦΚΤ)||Alpha Rho||1921||"Phi Tau"|
|Phi Kappa Theta (ΦΚΘ)||Gamma Tau||1969||"Phi Kap"|
|Phi Sigma Kappa (ΦΣΚ)||Kappa Deuteron||1923||"Phi Sig"|
|Pi Kappa Alpha (ΠΚΑ)||Alpha Delta||1904||"Pike"|
|Pi Kappa Phi (ΠΚΦ)||Iota||1913||"Pi Kapp"|
|Psi Upsilon (ΨΥ)||Gamma Tau†||1970||"Psi U"|
|Sigma Alpha Epsilon (ΣΑΕ)||Georgia Phi||1890, Rechartered 2005||"SAE"|
|Sigma Chi (ΣΧ)||Beta Psi||1922|
|Sigma Nu (ΣΝ)||Gamma Alpha||1896|
|Sigma Phi Epsilon (ΣΦΕ)||Georgia Alpha||1907||"SigEp"|
|Sigma Pi (ΣΠ)||Iota Mu||2007|
|Tau Kappa Epsilon (ΤΚΕ)||Beta Pi||1948||"Teke"|
|Theta Chi (ΘΧ)||Alpha Nu||1923|
|Theta Xi (ΘΞ)||Beta Alpha‡||1951|
|Zeta Beta Tau (ΖΒΤ)||Xi||1916 as a chapter of Phi Epsilon Pi,
which merged into ZBT in 1970. Rechartered: 2007
|"ZBT" or "Zebe"|
- As of 2012, the Gamma Eta chapter of Beta Theta Pi is currently suspended from Georgia Tech's campus until 2014.
- † One of numerous co-educational chapters of a nationally all-male fraternity.
- ‡ Only Christian chapter of a nationally nonsectarian fraternity.
Members of the Georgia Tech Collegiate Panhellenic Council (CPC)
There are currently 7 full and 2 associate members of the Georgia Tech Collegiate Panhellenic Council.
|Alpha Chi Omega (ΑΧΩ)||Epsilon Phi||1975||"A Chi O" or "Alpha Chi"|
|Alpha Delta Pi (ΑΔΠ)||Zeta Omicron||1977||"ADPi"|
|Alpha Gamma Delta (ΑΓΔ)||Gamma Phi||1972||"AGD" or "Alpha Gam"|
|Alpha Phi (ΑΦ)||Iota Mu||2008||"A Phi" or "Phis"|
|Alpha Xi Delta (ΑΞΔ)||Gamma Eta||1954||"A Xi D"|
|Phi Mu (ΦΜ)||Theta Zeta||1989|
|Zeta Tau Alpha (ΖΤΑ)||Iota Theta Chapter||1984||"Zeta"|
|Alpha Delta Chi National Christian Sorority (ΑΔΧ)||Sigma Chapter||2003||"ADChi"|
|Alpha Omega Epsilon National Engineering Sorority (ΑΩΕ)||Sigma Chapter||2006||"AOE"|
- Neither Alpha Delta Chi or Alpha Omega Epsilon are members of the National Panhellenic Conference, so therefore the Georgia Tech chapters of these organizations are classified as "Associate Members" of the Georgia Tech Collegiate Panhellenic Council.
Members of the Georgia Tech Pan-Hellenic Conference (NPHC)
Georgia Tech is home to chapters representing eight of the nine members of the National Pan-Hellenic Council, an organization of Historically African-American fraternities and sororities, also known as Black Greek-Letter Organizations, or BGLOs.
|Alpha Phi Alpha (ΑΦΑ)||Nu Mu||1977||"Alphas"|
|Kappa Alpha Psi (ΚΑΨ)||Lambda Delta||1982||"Kappas" and "Nupes"|
|Phi Beta Sigma (ΦΒΣ)||Nu Beta||1981||"Sigmas"|
|Omega Psi Phi (ΩΨΦ)||Delta Kappa||1976||"Omegas" and "Ques"|
|Alpha Kappa Alpha (ΑΚΑ)||Nu Beta||1979||"AKA"|
|Delta Sigma Theta (ΔΣΘ)||Xi Alpha||1978||"Deltas"|
|Zeta Phi Beta (ΖΦΒ)||Gamma Rho||2000||"Zetas"|
|Sigma Gamma Rho (ΣΓΡ)||Southeast Region||2003||"SGRhos" and "Lady Sigmas"|
Members of the Georgia Tech Multicultural Greek Council (MCG)
Georgia Tech's Multicultural Greek Council is composed of seven culturally-oriented fraternities and sororities.
|Alpha Iota Omicron South Asian-interest fraternity (ΑΙΟ)||Gamma||2005|
|La Unidad Latina, Lambda Upsilon Lambda Latino-interest fraternity (ΛYΛ)||Alpha Sigma||2004||"LUL"|
|Sigma Beta Rho multicultural fraternity (ΣΒΡ)||Sigma||2005||"SigRho"|
|Xi Kappa Asian-interest fraternity (ΞΚ)||Beta||2001|
|Delta Phi Lambda Asian-interest sorority (ΔΦΛ)||Zeta||2007||"D Phi L"|
|Lambda Theta Alpha Latina-interest sorority (ΛΘΑ)||Gamma Omega (no official website)||2005||"LTA"|
|Sigma Sigma Rho South Asian-interest sorority (ΣΣΡ)||Georgia Tech Colony||2005||"SigSigRho"|
- Sigma Beta Rho was established as a South Asian-interest fraternity at the University of Pennsylvania but later the national organization changed its focus to a multicultural one, therefore promoting diversity within the fraternity. The majority of the brothers in the Sigma chapter are of South Asian heritage.
- "Georgia Tech Guide To Greek Life 2011". Georgia Institute of Technology. Retrieved 2012-06-24.
- "GT Greek Life: Interesting Facts". 2011. "26%: GT Undergraduates in Greek Life"
- Georgia Tech Office of Greek Affairs
- Georgia Tech Interfraternity Council
- Georgia Tech Collegiate Panhellenic Council
- Georgia Tech National Pan-Hellenic Council (dead link)
- Georgia Tech Multicultural Greek Council