List of gondola lifts
This article is a List of gondola lifts around the world. A gondola lift has cabins suspended from a continuously circulating cable whereas aerial trams simply shuttle back and forth on cables. (Both are cable cars, and both are aerial lifts which also includes chairlifts.)
(Note: this list should not contain aerial tramways or chairlifts.)
- 1 Africa
- 2 Asia
- 3 Europe
- 4 North America
- 5 Oceania
- 6 South America
- 7 See also
- 8 References
- 5 Cableways in Algiers the capital.
- The Constantine Aerial Tramway, linking the two parts of Constantine.
- Oran Cableway, Oran.
- Annaba Cableway, Annaba.
- Skikda Cableway, Skikda.
- Telemcen Cableway, Telemcen.
- Hartbeespoort, North West - Gondola above Hartebeespoort Dam - Hartbeespoort Aerial Cableway
- Gondola in the National Zoological Gardens of South Africa, Pretoria
- Access to mountain tops of Zhangjiajie National Forest Park in Hunan
- Access to between the two higher altitude mountain tops of Mount Tai in Shandong
- Huangshan has three cable cars going up the mountain: the Eastern Trail's Yungu Si cable car, The Western Trail's Yuping cable car, and Taiping cable car 
- Ocean Park, Hong Kong Island - Cable car from Nam Long Shan Headland to Wong Chuk Hang within the Park
- Lantau Island - Ngong Ping 360, a 5.7 km cableway from MTR Tung Chung Station to Ngong Ping Terminals near Po Lin Monastery. The cableway is part of the Ngong Ping 360 project.
- The Gulmarg Gondola in Jammu and Kashmir is the world's highest operating cable car
- The Naina Devi Gondola in the state of Punjab
- The Mansa Devi gondola in Haridwar
- The Darjeeling Ropeway Gondola at Darjeeling in West Bengal
- The Timber Trail at Parwanoo in Himachal Pradesh
- The Vaity Ropeway Resort, Saputara, Gujarat
- The Joshimath - Auli Ropeway, Auli
- The Dhuan Dhaar Ropeway, Jabalpur in Madhya Pradesh
- The Rajgir Ropeway
- The Ropeway Over Gangtok City
- The Naini Jheel from the Ropeway, Nainital
- The Khotala Ropeway in South India
- The Kolkata Sciencity Ropeway in Kolkata
- The Mussoorie Ropeway in Mussoorie
- The Udaipur RopeWay, Udaipur
- The Ropeway Ride in Rajgir, Bihar
- Dizin ski resort on the north mountains of Tehran at Gajereh region includes three gondola lifts.The lowest point of the region is 2650 m, while its highest point is 3600m above the sea level.
- The Pooladkaf gondola lift in Pooladkaf ski resort, near Sepidan, on the north mountains of Shiraz at Fars region. Elevation of this lift is from 2810 to 3231 meters from sea level.
- The Tochal gondola lift (Tele-cabin) which starts from the metropolitan Tehran and ends in the Tochal Ski Resort  at 3900m. It has 7 stations and is one of the longest and most scenic in the world. A modern ski hotel  hosts the skiers at the end of the lift.
- Namakabrood gondola lift in Mazandaran Province in northern Iran. It cuts through a lush forest and connects the Alborz, one of the highest summits in the region, to the villa city on the coast of the Caspian Sea.
- Lahijan cable car in the Gilan province
- Eynali Cable in the north of Tabriz.
- Kibbutz Manara cliff cable cars, Upper Galilee - a vital connection to the valley below. It lifts people from Kiryat Shmona to Kibbutz Manara at the top of Manara Cliff.
Among 170 aerial lifts in Japan, 97 lines are gondola lifts, including 3 funitels. 65 gondola lifts operate full season. See the above article for the full listing of aerial lifts in the country (including aerial tramways). Gondola lifts with English articles include:
- Dragondola, Naeba, Yuzawa, Niigata, is the longest aerial lift in Japan (5.5 km), as well as the fastest gondola lift in the country (6 m/s)
- SP Gondola, Takasu Snow Park, Gujō, Gifu, also runs at 6 m/s
- Gozaisho Ropeway, Komono, Mie
- Katsuragiyama Ropeway, Izunokuni, Shizuoka
- Nikkō Shiranesan Ropeway, Katashina, Gunma
- Rusutsu Resort, Rusutsu, Hokkaidō
- Shin-Kōbe Ropeway, Kōbe, Hyōgo
- Sky Safari, Himeji Central Park, Himeji, Hyōgo
- The Teleferique connects the bay of Jounieh, a city 16 km north of the capital Beirut, to Harissa's Our Lady of Lebanon pilgrimage monument at about 650 meters above sea level. It is 1,570 meters long and travels at 3.15 meters/second. It holds an exceptional view to the Mediterranean, as well as a dense pine forest.
- Genting Skyway, connecting Gohtong Jaya to the hilltop resort of Genting Highlands, is one of the fastest gondola lift in Asia (6 m/s), and was the longest cable car in Southeast Asia
- Langkawi Cable Car connects to Gunung Mat Cincang in the Langkawi Archipelago
- Access to the very religiously regarded remote Manakamana Temple
- Ayubia National Park gondola lift
- A lift in the Sooda Region and one over the Abha city
- The Singapore Cable Car  from Mount Faber to Sentosa Island; interesting in that it has an intermediate stop in a highrise building.
- Bà Nà Hills, Danang
- Chua Huong cableway
- Xuan Huong gondola, Đà Lạt
- Huong Tich gondola, Hà Tĩnh
- Nui Ba Den gondola, Tây Ninh
- Nui Lon gondola, Vung Tau
- Ta Cu cableway, Bình Thuận
- Yen Tu gondola, Yên Tử, Quảng Ninh
- La Massana in Pal sector, Vallnord ski resort
- Els Orriols in Arinsal sector, Vallnord ski resort
- Soldeu in Soldeu sector, Grandvalira ski resort
- El Tarter in El Tarter sector, Grandvalira ski resort
- Canillo in Canillo sector, Grandvalira ski resort
Numerous resorts have plenty of lifts, too many to name here
- Dubrovnik, to the top of the Srđ mountain
- Zagreb, 4.01 km line from the city to the top of the mount Sljeme
- Levi 2000 in Levi Ski Resort, year of construction 1999, route 1.41 km.
- Ylläs 1 in Ylläs Ski Resort, year of construction 2007, route 2.01 km.
- Bad Dürkheim lift (shut down)
- Bode Valley Gondola Lift, Thale, Lower Saxony
- Cologne Cable Car, Cologne
- Koblenz Cable Car, Koblenz, Germany's largest aerial lift
- Wurmberg Gondola Lift, Braunlage
- Bielsko-Biała - Szyndzielnia - Ski gondola
- Krynica-Zdrój - Jaworzyna Krynicka - Ski gondola
- Świeradów-Zdrój - Stóg Izerski - Ski gondola
- Wrocław - Polinka - Wrocław University of Technology student lift over Oder river
- Constanţa - Mamaia - Summer seaside gondola.
- Piatra Neamţ - Tourist/ski gondola.
- Poiana Braşov - Ski gondola.
- Azuga - Ski gondola.
- Sinaia - Tourist/Ski gondola.
- Vulcan, Hunedoara - Ski gondola.
- Balkan Mountains - Jabučko ravnište
- Kanin Cable car in Bovec is the longest gondola lift in Slovenia. It takes skiers from the Bovec valley (436 m) to the central part of the ski slopes (2,200 m).
- Vogel cable car in Bohinj
- Baqueira-Beret - Ski lift
- Barcelona - Montjuïc Cable Car
- Formigal - Ski lift, dismantled in 2004.
- La Pinilla - Ski lift
- Madrid - Casa de Campo, "El Teleferico" - Tourist lift.
- Panticosa-Los Lagos - Ski lift.
- Sierra Nevada - Ski lift.
- Teleferico Benalmadena - Tourist lift on the Costa Del Sol
As this country has a lot of mountains, gondola lifts are very widely used.
- Gondelbahn Grindelwald-Männlichen is a 6071m tram with a journey time of 30 minutes.
- Seilbahnen Beatenberg-Niederhorn, from Beatenberg to the summit of the Niederhorn
Listed in the order of opening year.
- Maçka Gondola, Istanbul line Tf1 (1993)
- Eyüp Gondola, Istanbul line Tf2 (2005)
- Samsun Amisos Hill Gondola, Samsun (2006)
- Keçiören Gondola, Ankara (2008)
- Aydın Pınarbaşı-Aytepe Gondola, Aydın (2009)
- Bergama Acropolis Gondola (2010)
- Ordu Boztepe Gondola, Ordu (2012)
- Bursa Uludağ Gondola, Bursa Province (2013)
- Yenimahalle-Şentepe Gondola, Ankara (2014)
The term cable car is used in the United Kingdom.
- Alton Towers theme park, Staffordshire
- Drayton Manor Theme Park Theme Park Staffordshire
- Emirates Air Line, crossing the Thames at Greenwich, London
- Great Orme, Llandudno, Wales
- Heights of Abraham, Derbyshire,
- Nevis Range, Fort William, Scotland
- Grizzly Express Gondola at Lake Louise Ski Area, Alberta (6 Person Gondola)
- Sulphur Mountain Gondola in Banff, Alberta (4 Person Bi-Cable Gondola)
- Sunshine Village Gondola near Banff, Alberta (8 Person, Triple Stage Gondola)
- Lara's Gondola at Big White Ski Resort near Kelowna, British Columbia (8 Person Gondola)
- Whistler Village Express Gondola at Whistler Blackcomb, British Columbia (10 Person, Double Stage Gondola)
- Excalibur Gondola at Whistler Blackcomb, British Columbia (8 Person, Double Stage Gondola)
- Creekside Gondola at Whistler Blackcomb, British Columbia (6 Person Gondola)
- Peak 2 Peak Gondola at Whistler Blackcomb, British Columbia (28 Person Tri-Cable Gondola)
- Kadenwood Gondola at Whistler Blackcomb, British Columbia (8 Person Pulse Gondola)
- Golden Eagle Express Gondola at Kicking Horse Resort, British Columbia (8 Person Gondola)
- Village Gondola at Panorama Ski Resort, British Columbia (8 Person Open-Air Pulse Gondola)
- Revelation Gondola at Revelstoke Mountain Resort near Revelstoke, British Columbia (8 Person, Double Stage Gondola)
- Burnaby Mountain Gondola in Burnaby, British Columbia (future)
- Village Gondola at Blue Mountain, Ontario (6 Person Open-Air Gondola) Summer Only. In the winter it is converted to a High Speed Six Person Chairlift.
- Télécabine Express at Mont Tremblant Resort, Québec (8 Person Gondola)
- Cabriolet at Mont Tremblant Resort, Québec (6 Person Open-Air Gondola)
- L'Étoile Filante at Mont Sainte-Anne, Québec (8 Person Gondola)
- L'Hybride at Mount Orford in Magog, Quebec (6 Person Chairlift/ 8 Person Gondola Combination)
- Massif Express at Le Massif, Québec (8 Person, Double Stage Gondola)
- Teleférico de Amatitlán in Amatitlán
Ski Resort Gondolas
- Heavenly Gondola
- Mammoth Mountain
- Panorama Gondola Lower/Upper
- Village Gondola
- Northstar at Tahoe
- Big Springs Express Gondola
- Highlands Express Gondola
- Sugar Bowl
- Magic Carpet Gondola
- Squaw Valley Ski Resort
- Pulse (Pulse Gondola)
- Elk Camp - Snowmass
- Sky Cab (Pulse Gondola, Cabriolet)- Snowmass
- Silver Queen Gondola - Aspen Mountain
- Beaver Creek
- Buckaroo Express Gondola
- Riverfront Express Gondola
- BreckConnect Gondola
- River Run Gondola
- Outpost Gondola
- Silver Bullet Gondola
- Telluride Village Gondola
- Eagle Bahn Gondola
- Gondola One
- Winter Park
- Village Cabriolet
- Sunday River
- Loon Mountain
- Mt. Whittier Ski Area, Ossipee, New Hampshire (closed in 1985)
- Wildcat Mountain Ski Area
- Wildcat Mountain Gondola (Removed)
- Mountain Creek
- The Cabriolet (Open-Air Gondola)
- Sugarbush Resort (removed in 1984)
- K-1 Gondola
- Skyeship Gondola Stage 1/Stage 2
- Stratton Mountain
- Canyons Resort
- Red Pine Gondola
- Cabriolet (Open-Air Gondola)
- Frostwood Gondola
- Deer Valley
- Jordanelle Express Gondola
- Needles Express Gondola
- Strawberry Express Gondola
- Crystal Mountain
- Mount Rainier Gondola
- Jackson Hole
- Bridger Gondola
- Skyride, Stone Mountain Park, Stone Mountain, Georgia
- Skyfari, San Diego Zoo, California
- Skyfari, Bronx Zoo, New York State (Removed in 2008)
- Skyride, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, Tampa, Florida
- Trees of Mystery, California
- Skytrail (pulse gondola)
- Glenwood Springs, Colorado
- Iron Mountain Tramway (Pulse Gondola)
- Water World, Colorado
- Fun House Express (pulse gondola)
- New Orleans, Louisiana
- Mississippi Aerial River Transit (Dismantled in 1994).
- Joseph, Oregon
- Pipestem, West Virginia
- Sterling Vineyards, Calistoga, California
- Skyway, Disneyland, California (1st in the USA, removed in 1995)
- Bayside Skyride, SeaWorld, San Diego, California
- Wildcat Gondola Skyride, Wildcat Mountain Ski Area, New Hampshire, (This gondola is converted to a quad chair-lift for skiing in the winter)
- Skyride, Minnesota State Fair, Falcon Heights, Minnesota
- Texas Skyway, Fair Park, Dallas, Texas
- Taronga Park Zoo, Sydney
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway, Cairns
- Horse Hill Lift, Mount Buller, Victoria †
- Kosciusko Express lift, Thredbo, New South Wales †
† Note: Horse Hill and Kosciusko Express are combined lifts where gondolas and four seat detachable chairs can be added to a cable according to demand.
A complete list of all 400 Australian aerial and ski lifts can be found on WikiSki. It includes a dozen gondolas.
- Skyline Gondola, Queenstown
- Skyline Gondola, Mt Ngongotaha, Rotorua
- Heathcote Gondola, Port Hills, Christchurch
- There is a controversial proposal to build a 30 km long gondola through Fiordland National Park parallel to the Routeburn Track
- All New Zealand Ski Lifts List of all New Zealand Ski Lifts
- "Telecabina" (Chapelco Ski resort)
- Aerogondolas (Skyride), Parque de la Ciudad Theme Park, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- "Telecabina Amancay", Cerro Catedral Ski Resort, San Carlos de Bariloche, Argentina
- "Telecabina Jean Pierre", Cerro Bayo Ski Resort, Villa La Angostura, Argentina
- Mi Teleférico (La Paz). First three lines opened in 2014, six more lines are being planned. At 10 km (6.2 mi) in length, Phase One (the first three lines) was considered to be the longest aerial cable car system in the world upon its completion in 2014. The Phase Two expansion would extend the system by some 20 km (12 mi).
- Teleférico do Alemão, a cable car servicing the Complexo do Alemão favela in Rio de Janeiro.
- Teleférico da Providência, a cable car servicing the Providência neighbourhood in Rio de Janeiro.
- "Teleférico de Santiago". In Santiago, a tramway was open on April 1, 1980, in San Cristóbal Hill. With 72 cabins moving at 4 meters per second, its biggest tower is 124.6 ft (38 m) tall, and the smallest 26.2 ft (8 m). The Teleférico de Santiago has 12 towers and takes almost 20 minutes to cover the 3 miles (4860 m) route, powered by a 100 hp engine.
- Gondola lift at the Colombian Coffee Park
- In the Colombian National Coffee Park in Montenegro, department of Quindío, there is a tourist tramway hovering over the park.
- In Medellín, there is a gondola lift system (Metrocable) that is used for public transport in those areas of steep mountain. The system is interconnected with the metropolitan train system, Metro de Medellín.
- In the Chicamocha National Park (Santander), there is a tourist cable car system connecting the "Panachi" station with the town of "Meseta de los Santos", across the Chicamocha Canyon. Total length of 6.3 km.
- Telefériqo in Quito. Gondola lift.
- Metrocable is an urban public transit system in Caracas.
- Teleférico de Caracas ascends El Ávila Mountain within El Ávila National Park, in Caracas
- "Dizin Ski Slope". Iran Ski Federation. Retrieved July 28, 2006.
- "Persian language web site http://www.namakabroud.com". Retrieved July 28, 2006.
- http://www.slobodnadalmacija.hr/Dubrovnik/tabid/75/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/109032/Default.aspx (Croatian)
- "Männlichenbahn". Männlichenbahn. Retrieved February 8, 2007.
- "Bolivia consolida la red de teleférico más largo del mundo". teleSUR. Dec. 3, 2014.
- "Evo autoriza la construcción de seie nuevas líneas de teleférico en La Paz y El Alto". Página Siete. Jan. 26, 2015. http://www.paginasiete.bo/sociedad/2015/1/26/autoriza-construccion-seis-nuevas-lineas-teleferico-alto-45300.html