List of grands couturiers
A grand couturier is a member of the French Chambre syndicale de la haute couture, part of the Fédération française de la couture, du prêt-à-porter des couturiers et des créateurs de mode.
The official criteria, designed in 1945, originally implied presenting a certain number of original models each season, created by a permanent designer, handmade and bespoke models, a minimum number of people employed in the workshop and a minimum number of patterns "presented usually in Paris". In 2001, these criteria have been relaxed. The number of models to be shown on a seasonal basis has been reduced from 50 to 25. Also, the official appellation can be granted by the Chambre syndicale de la haute couture even if one criterion is not met.
Beside official members, the Chambre syndicale officially "invites" each season some "guests". They cannot use the term "haute couture" but only the term "couture" and can become grands couturiers after 2 years.
The Chambre syndicale also recognizes foreign grands couturiers who do not show in Paris, referring to them as "membres correspondants".
Members of the Chambre syndicale de la haute couture
- Adeline André
- Anne Valerie Hash
- Atelier Gustavolins
- Christian Dior
- Christophe Josse
- Frank Sorbier
- Jean Paul Gaultier
- Maurizio Galante
- Stéphane Rolland
- Alexandre Vauthier (since january 2011)
- Alexis Mabille (since january 2007)
- Béatrice Demulder Ferrant
- Bouchra Jarrar (since january 2010)
- Hervé L. LeRoux
- Iris van Herpen (since july 2011)
- Julien Fournié (since january 2011)
- Maison Rabih Kayrouz (since july 2008)
- On Aura Tout Vu by Yanna Samouilov and Livia Stoianova
- Rad Hourani
- Ralph & Russo (since November 2013)
- Serkan Cura (since November 2013)
- Schiaparelli (since November 2013)
- Yiqing Yin (since january 2012)
- Zuhair Murad
- Socha, Miles (5 November 2013). "Schiaparelli to Show at Upcoming Paris Couture Week". WWD. Retrieved 6 November 2013.