List of hacker groups
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (April 2014)|
This is a list of notable hacker groups.
- Anonymous, a group of hackers originating in 2003.
- Chaos Computer Club, is based in Germany and other German-speaking countries. Famous among older hackers.
- Cult of the Dead Cow, also known as cDc or cDc Communications, is a computer hacker and DIY media organization founded in 1984 in Lubbock, Texas.
- Decocidio#Ө is an anonymous, autonomous collective of hacktivists which is part of Earth First!, a radical environmental protest organisation, and adheres to Climate Justice Action
- DERP A hacker group that attacked several game sites in late 2013.
- Global kOS was a grey hat (leaning black hat) computer hacker group active from 1996 through 2000.
- globalHell was a group of hackers, composed of about 60 individuals. The group disbanded in 1999, when 12 members were prosecuted for computer intrusion and 30 for lesser offences.
- Goatse Security (GoatSec) is a loose-knit, nine-person grey hat hacker group that specializes in uncovering security flaws.
- Hackweiser is an underground hacking group and hacking magazine founded in 1999.
- Honker Union is a group known for hacktivism, mainly present in Mainland China, whose members launched a series of attacks on websites in the United States, mostly government-related sites.
- L0pht, was a hacker collective active between 1992 and 2000 and located in the Boston, Massachusetts area.
- Level Seven was a hacking group during the mid to late 1990s. Eventually dispersing in early 2000 when their nominal leader "vent" was raided by the FBI on February 25, 2000.
- LulzSec, a group of hackers originating and disbanding in 2011 that claimed to hack "for the lulz". Currently broken up.
- Masters of Deception, initial membership grew from meetings on Loop-Around Test Lines.
- milw0rm is a group of "hacktivists" best known for penetrating the computers of the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) in Mumbai.
- NCPH is a Chinese hacker group based out of Zigong in Sichuan Province.
- P.H.I.R.M. The PHIRM was an early hacking group which was founded in the early 1980s.
- RedHack is a socialist hacker group based in Turkey, founded in 1997. They usually launch attacks against Turkish government's websites and leak secret documents of Turkish government.
- Syrian Electronic Army is a group that claims responsibility for defacing or otherwise compromising scores of websites that it contends spread news hostile to the Syrian government or fake news
- TeaMp0isoN is a group of black-hat computer hackers established in mid-2009
- TeslaTeam is a group of black-hat computer hackers from Serbia established 2010
- TESO, was a hacker group originating in Austria that was active primarily from 1998 to 2004
- The Unknowns is a group of white-hat hackers that exploited many high-profiled websites and became very active in 2012 when the group was founded and disbanded.
- UGNazi A hacking group best known for several attacks on US government sites.