List of heads of state and government by net worth
Listed are the heads of state and government by their net worth, generally entered in U.S. dollars for simple comparison purposes, with former heads of state, and government listed separately from current incumbents in the same position.
It should be disclosed that there are issues with converting the net worth of various individuals from around the world to a single currency, notably ignoring the buying power, and standard of living in a person's native country that could inflate or deflate the real value of his net worth relative to others upon this list. For example, when comparing the same standard of living it would cost more to live in a developed, and industrialized nation than it would in an undeveloped or poor nation, thus deflating the real value of a person's net worth in a lesser industrialized nation by representing their wealth in nominal form alone.
It is also difficult to distinguish between the personal and Crown wealth of several ruling monarchs upon this list, particularly in countries ruled by an absolute monarch that do not have a need or practicality to separate the two. Many constitutional monarchies require a distinction between a monarch's personal finances from the monarch's state finances as a matter of law, thus several royals upon this list may have figures that underestimate their total financial standing because the wealth of their Crown is excluded.
Current heads of state and government
Former heads of state and government
The following list of individuals comprises former heads of state and government. The dollar amounts are not adjusted for inflation, but are nominal dollars accurate to the year given.
- List of United States Presidents by net worth
- List of current heads of state and government
- List of richest American politicians
- List of the richest royals
- "The World's Richest Royals". Forbes. 29 April 2011. Retrieved 29 April 2011.
- "Saad Hariri – Forbes". Forbes.
- Guriev, Sergei; Andrei Rachinsky (October 2006). "The Evolution of Personal Wealth in the Former Soviet Union and Central and Eastern Europe" (PDF). www.wider.unu.edu. United Nations University – World Institute for Development Economics Research. Retrieved 2006-02-17.
- Serafin, Tatiana. "The World's Richest Royals". Forbes. Retrieved 7 July 2011.
- "Forbes.com". Forbes.
- Richest Politicians In The World
- Key joins the rich getting richer | Television New Zealand | News, Sport, Weather, TV ONE, TV2 | TVNZ | BUSINESS News
- "Kongehuset benekter at Kong Harald har en stor ukjent utenlandsformue". E2!. Retrieved 13 April 2010.
- "Pengane skal berre brukast i krisetider, ifølgje ein elleve år gamal dokumentar". Journalen. Retrieved 12 April 2010.
- "Kirchner's wealth increased by 158%". Momento24. Retrieved 7 January 2010.
- "Obama worth as much as $10 million". USA Today. 15 May 2012.
- "Obama's Net Worth". MANGOBoss.com. 2010-03-10. Retrieved 2010-03-01.
- Hope, Christopher (27 May 2012). "Exclusive: Cabinet is worth £70million". Daily Telegraph (London).
- "Spanish Royal Family's net worth $1.7 billion, and King Juan Carlos's net worth $5 million". Royalinsight. Retrieved 29 December 2011.
- Bildstrecke – Fürstliches Vermögen – Bild 8 – Geld – sueddeutsche.de
- Stephen Harper Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth
- Hollande’s Socialist Cabinet Includes at Least Four Millionaires
- "Rousseff's net worth grew 64% in 4 years". Estadão. 2014. Retrieved 15 December 2014.
- "Mubarak's net worth estimated at $70 billion". The Times of India. 4 February 2011. Retrieved 12 February 2011.
- Suharto, Marcos and Mobutu head corruption table with $50bn scams. The Guardian. March 26, 2004.
- Suharto, Indonesian Dictator, Dies at 86 – Obit Magazine. Obit-mag.com. Retrieved on 2011-01-01.
- The Southeast Asian Treasure Connection
- Nsehe, Mfonobong. "Who Were Africa's Richest Dictators? – Forbes". Forbes.
- McElroy, Damien (19 January 2011). "Tunisia orders investigation into £5bn fortune of Ben Ali". The Daily Telegraph (London).
- "The World's Billionaires: #118 Silvio Berlusconi & family". Forbes. November 2011. Retrieved 6 December 2011.
- Sani Abacha
- Owen, Paul (26 October 2012). "Who are the wealthiest world leaders?". The Guardian (London).
- "Sebastian Pinera – Forbes". Forbes.
- "What's Saddam Worth? – Forbes.com". Forbes.
- Kroll, Luisa (6 April 2005). "Prince Rainier: Billionaire Monarch Leaves Rich Economic Legacy – Forbes.com". Forbes.
- "Billionaires: Royals & Rulers". Forbes. 15 March 2004. Retrieved 21 December 2009.
- Exclusive: Irans rulers amass fortunes through sleaze
- "Profile: Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani". BBC News. 19 June 2009.
- "Fidel Castro net worth rises, according to 'Forbes'". USA Today. 4 May 2006.
- "Forbes.com". Forbes.
- "Lëvizja FOL: Pasuria e Behxhet Pacollit (2014)". Lëvizja FOL.
- "Regjistër për deklarimin e pasurisë: Behxhet Pacolli". Kosovan Anti-Corruption Agency.
- "(Estimate) Behxhet Pacolli's net worth - 2013/14".
- "Kings, Queens & Despots". Forbes. 17 March 2003. Retrieved 21 December 2009.
- Stashed kickbacks may go way beyond $200m. Thedailystar.net (2009-01-13). Retrieved on 2011-01-01.
- Khaleda submits Tk 35m wealth report to ACC. Thefinancialexpress-bd.com (2007-08-07). Retrieved on 2011-01-01.
- Hanif reveals Khaleda whitened Tk 1,33,14,710 in black money for 2002–07 fiscal years. UNBconnect.... Retrieved on 2011-01-01.
- No room for compassion. Thedailystar.net (2010-10-17). Retrieved on 2011-01-01.
- "Franz Josef of Liechtenstein, 83, A Head of State for 51 Years, Dies". The New York Times. 15 November 1989.
- Ex-British Prime Minister Tony Blair worth over $123 million
- McDougall, Dan (15 July 2007). "Nepal's king seeks escape amid probe into wealth". The Guardian (London).
- 24 HOUR NEWS CHANNEL ::::: YTN (와이티엔). YTN (2008-12-08). Retrieved on 2011-01-01.
- Green, William; Caplin, Joan (1 July 1999). "All The Presidents' Money Clinton isn't wealthy yet, but Presidents Bush, Reagan, Carter and Ford are all multimillionaires. How do our Presidents get rich?". CNNMoney.com. Retrieved 21 December 2009.
- Smith, Helena (29 November 2002). "Court deals decisive blow to deposed Greek royals". The Guardian (London).
- The Former King of Greece & Others v. Greece – (Article 41) – Summary
- Đukanović’s Montenegro a Family Business. Reportingproject.net. Retrieved on 2011-01-01.
- Sun.Star Network Online. Sunstar.com.ph (2010-08-31). Retrieved on 2011-01-01.
- "Clinton's Burkle Ties Include Funds in Cayman Islands". Bloomberg. 17 December 2007. Retrieved 21 December 2009.
- "Declaracion de Bienes". Proceso.com.mx. 2006. Retrieved 2009-06-09.
- "Eleições 2006 – Divulgação de Dados de Candidatos". Supreme Electoral Court (Brazil). 2006. Retrieved 2009-01-03.
- Celebrity Net Worth. Jimmy Carter Net Worth". Web. 20 February 2011.