List of hot springs
There are hot springs on all continents and in many countries around the world. Countries that are renowned for their hot springs include, Israel, Iceland, New Zealand, Chile and Japan, but there are interesting and unique hot springs in many other places as well.
- Hammam Essalihine (Thermes de Flavius)
- Hammam Chellala (Thermes Chellala)
- Hammam Guedjima (Thermes Guedjima)
- N'Gaous (Source de Saïda)
- Guelma (Source de Guelma)
- Ihimba Hot Springs
- Kitagata Hot Springs
- Nyamasizi Hot Springs
- Semliki Hot Springs
- Buranga hot springs
There are hot springs throughout Canada, particularly in the far west. Here are some prominent hot springs located in Western Canada:
- British Columbia
- Ahousat Hot Springs, Ahousat (Gibson Marine Provincial Park)
- Ainsworth Hot Springs & Cody Caves, Ainsworth, British Columbia
- Canyon Hot Springs (Albert Canyon, near Revelstoke)
- Bishop Bay Hot Springs, in Devastation Channel, 80 km south of Kitimat (North Coast)
- Stikine Hot Springs (Choquette Hot Springs Provincial Park)
- Fairmont Hot Springs, Invermere
- Dewar Hot Springs, Purcell Mountains
- Frizzell Hotsprings, lower Skeena River
- Harrison Hot Springs, north of Agassiz
- Hot Springs Cove, near Ahousat
- Hotspring Island, Queen Charlotte Islands
- Iskut River Hot Springs
- Lakelse Hot Springs, Terrace
- Lussier Hot Springs (Whiteswan Lake Provincial Park)
- Liard River Hot Springs
- Meager Creek Hot Springs and Mount Meager, northwest of Pemberton
- Mount Cayley Hot Springs
- Brandywine Creek Hot Springs
- Mount Layton Hot Springs, near Kitimat
- Nascall Hot Springs, Dean Channel
- Vicinity of Nakusp/Arrow Lakes:
- Prophet River Hot Springs, Alaska Highway
- Radium Hot Springs, Columbia Valley
- Ram Creek Hot Springs, Skookumchuck
- Shearwater Hot Springs, south of Kitimat, North Coast
- Sherwin Hot Springs, west side of Kootenay Lake, north of Ainsworth Hot Springs
- Ramsay Hot Springs, (Maquinna Marine Provincial Park)
- Sloquet Creek Hot Springs, near Port Douglas
- Skookumchuck Hot Springs (St. Agnes' Well), between Pemberton and Port Douglas
- Tallheo Hot Springs, South Bentinck Arm
- Toad River Hot Springs, Alaska Highway
- Weewanie Hot Springs
There are more than 275 hot springs registered in Chile.
- South Zone, Chile - Volcanoes and Lakes
- Temas de Río Blanco
- Termas de Molulco (ei. Termas de Balboa)
- Pucón area
- Seven Lakes area
- Puyehue Lake area
- La Sierra de Abangares in Guanacaste.
- Tabacón near Arenal Volcano.
- Orosí Valley near Cartago.
- Rincón de la Vieja Volcano and National Park, in Guanacaste.
- Aguas Hediondas, near Tulcán, Carchi Province
- Baños de Agua Santa, Tungurahua Province
- Baños, Azuay Province
- Baños de San Vicente, near Salinas, Santa Elena Province
- Chachimbiro, near Ibarra, Imbabura Province
- Nangulví, near Otavalo, Imbabura Province
- Oyacachi, near Papallacta, Napo Province
- Papallacta, Napo Province
There are numerous hot springs in Greenland:
- Aguascalientes; Aguascalientes
- Tlacotlapilco; Hidalgo
- Los Azufres; Michoacán
- Abasolo; Guanajuato
- Imala; Sinaloa
- El Pandeño; San Diego de Alcalá; Ojo de Dolores; Chihuahua
- Ayacucho Region.
- Carhuaz: Monterrey hot springs.
- Chivay: La Calera springs.
- Colca Lodge hot spring, near Coporaque, Peru.
- Waywash mountain range area.
- Machu Picchu pueblo, known locally and incorrectly as Aguas Calientes, near Machu Picchu.
- Moyobamba region.
- Zorritos has hot springs at nearby Bocapán beach.
United States 
Other hot or warm springs are located in:
- Big Bend Hot Springs
- Crabtree Hot Springs
- Desert Hot Springs
- Deep Creek Hot Springs
- Delonga Hot Springs
- Esalen in Big Sur
- Gilroy Yamato Hot Springs
- Grover Hot Springs State Park
- Harbin Hot Springs in Middletown
- Jordan Hot Springs in Sequoia National Forest
- Keough Hot Springs
- Mercey Hot Springs
- Miracle Hot Springs
- Mono Hot Springs
- Murrieta Hot Springs
- Palm Springs
- Remington Hot Springs
- Slates Hot Springs
- Tassajara Hot Springs
- Travertine Hot springs
- Sespe Hot Springs
- Warner Springs
- Wilbur Hot Springs in Colusa County, California
- Willett Hot Springs
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- South Dakota
- Anbo Hot Spring and Laotieshan Hot Spring, Dalian
- Wulongbei Hot Spring, Dandong
- Tanggangzi Hot Spring, Anshan
- Xiongyue Hot Spring, Yingkou, Liaoning Province
- Xanxi Hot Spring, Ningbo-Ninghai, Zhejiang Province
- Hailuogou Hot Spring, Sichuan Province
- Jinping Mengla Hot Spring, Yunnan Province
- Longsheng Hot Spring, Guangxi Province
- Tibet Paillong Hot Spring, Tibet Province
- The Huitang Hot Spring comes with 89C every day, which is called one of the three high-temperature hot spring in China. It contains over 29 trace elements which are considered beneficial for health.
- Ganeshpuri, Akloli, Vajreshwari
- Unapdeo, and Sunapdeo Maharashtra
- Manikaran, Himachal Pradesh
- Bendrutheertha, Puttur, Karnataka
- Chavalpani near pachmarhi an evergreen plateau in the Mahadeo Hills of Madhya Pradesh.
- Suryakund, Near Gaya, Bihar
- Sikkim has many hot springs known for medicinal and therapeutic values. The most important hot springs are at Phurchachu (Reshi), Yumthang, Borang, Ralang, Taram-chu and Yumey Samdong. All these hot springs have high sulfur content and are located near the river banks. The average temperature of the water in these hot springs is 50 °C (122 °F).
- Taptapani near Berhampur, Atri near Bhubaneswar, Tarabalo in Nayagarh District of Orissa
- Bakreshwar, Birbhum, West Bengal
- Tulshishyam- Tulshishyam temple Gir Forest- Amreli- Junagadh- Gujarat
- SOHNA HOT-SPRING, One of the oldest hot springs in India. Located in Sohna, it is 56 kilometres (35 mi) from Delhi. It is in gurgaon ditt. (haryana). There is a beautiful shiva temple. People believe that many human diseases are cured by using spring water. Badrinath, Himalaya, Uttarakhand, most visited Pilgrimage in Northern India
- Gandhaunia, near Mandu[disambiguation needed], Ramgarh district, Jharkhand
- There are two hot springs on Pulau Ambon, Maluku.
- There are also some hot springs in the volcanic areas of eastern Java.
- Air Panas in Banjar, northern Bali.
Being located in the "Pacific Ring of Fire", Japan is in a volcanic region, and is home to many hot springs. The onsen (a Japanese word for "hot spring") plays a notable role in Japanese culture. Visiting an onsen is a quintessential Japanese experience and is a popular tourist activity.
In March 2003 it was reported that there were 3,102 spa resorts in 2,292 municipalities in Japan. There were also 15,400 lodging facilities with 6,740 public hot spring baths. About 138 million people a year visit these facilities.
Japanese open air hot spring in Nachikatsuura, Wakayama
Famous hot springs areas in Japan
- Arima, Hyogo
- Atami, Shizuoka
- Beppu, Oita
- Gero, Gifu
- Hakone, Kanagawa
- Ikaho, Gumma
- Kinugawa, Tochigi
- Kirishima, Kagoshima
- Kusatsu, Gunma
- Noboribetsu, Hokkaido
- Nyuto, Akita
- Shibu, Nagano
- Shirahama, Wakayama
- Toyako, Shikotsu-Toya National Park, Hokkaido
- Yufuin, Oita
- Dōgo Onsen (Matsuyama, Ehime) is one of the oldest onsen in Japan
- There are onsens at Seven Nanadaru Falls on the Izu Peninsula near Tokyo
- Heosimcheong Spa (허심청) is one of the world's largest hot spring tub and is located at Dongnae of Busan, South Korea. Built at the age of The Three Kingdoms of Korea(Dongnae was part of Silla at that time), it is today part of Hotel Nongshim.
- Yusong Foot Spa, near Daejon, South Korea, is a free natural hot spring.
Various hot springs, all nonvolcanic. They include -
- Air hangat, Langkawi
- Grisek, 10 km from Parit Jawa, Muar district
- Gadak, on road No 61 near Alor Gajah
- Negeri Sembilan
- Pedas hot springs, south of Seremban, Negeri Sembilan
- Gunung Tapis, Sungai Lembing
- Sg Klah, developed commercially
- Kampung Ulu Slim
- Lost World Of Tambun- HotSprings & Spa
- Mangong, Kuala Kangsar
- Ayer Panas, Grik
- Pengkalan Hulu
- Selayang, 15 km north of Kuala Lumpur
- Kalumpang, south of Tanjung Malim, north of Kerling
- Ulu Tamu, near Tanjung Malim
- Kerling, near Batang Kali
- LA hot spring, Besut
- Poring hot springs, Kinabalu National Park
- Maquinit Hot Spring
- Mambukal Mountain Resort: hot soda and sulfur springs slightly above 30' Celsius. More than 1h drive from Bacolod City.
- Puning Hot Spring, in Sitio Puning, Barangay Inararo, Municipality of Porac, Pampanga Province; accessed through Sitio Target, Barangay Sapang Bato, Angeles City
- Sembawang Hot Spring
- Pulau Tekong
- Thai Prachan Hot Spring
- Bo Khloung Hot Stream
- Ban Pong Krathing Hot Spring (Ban Bueng Hot Spring)
- Pong Krathing Hot Spring
- Jae Son hot spring
- Muang Paeng hot spring
- Pa Bong hot spring
- Ban Huay Zai Kao Hot Spring
- Wieng Pa Pao hot spring
- Rung Arun hot spring
- Afyon - Sandıklı
- Separeva banya
- in and around Sofia (Bankya)
- Pavel Banya
- Ikaria features a radioactive hot water spring that has been used since the fourth century BCE.
- Thermal Springs of Kaiafa, in southwestern Greece.
- Lake Hévíz is the largest thermal lake in Europe. It is close to the city of Hévíz, Hungary. The lake water temperatures range between 23-25 °C in winter and 33-36 °C in summer.
- Blue Lagoon, Grindavík, Iceland, 36 degrees C
- Deildartunguhver 97 degrees C
- Geysir hot springs
- Bormio, Sondrio Province, Lombardy (geothermal spa), 36-43 degrees C
- Saturnia, Southern Tuscany, 37 degrees Celsius pouring out at 800 litres per second into beautiful terraced pools that are free to dip in day or night
- Negorski Banji
- Banja Banishte
- Banja Bansko
- Banja Kežovica
- Banja Car Samoil
- Katlanovska Banja
- Banja Kochani
- Debarski Banji
- Kumanovska Banja
- Banja Strnovec
- Northwest Spitsbergen National Park, Spitsbergen at 80°N, contains two of earth's most northerly hot springs
- In Serbia is located world hottest spring. World hottest water by far is hot water spring in Vranjska Banja (111°C).
- Alhama de Granada, Andalucia
- Alhama de Almería, Andalucia
- Caldes de Montbui, Barcelona
- Caldes de Malavella, Gerona
- Panticosa, Huesca
- Torneiros, Galicia (Spain)
- Cross Bath, Bath, Somerset 42.8 degrees C, 109 degrees F
- Stall Street Fountain, Bath, Somerset 45.4 degrees C, 113.7 degrees F
- Hetling Spring, Bath, Somerset 45.4 degrees C, 113.7 degrees F
- King's Bath, Bath, Somerset 45.6 degrees C, 114 degrees F
- Hot Bath, Bath, Somerset 47.2 degrees C, 117 degrees F
There are other thermal or warm springs in the U.K  and include;
- Taff's Well Thermal Spring 21.6 degrees C, 70.88 degrees F
- St Ann's Well Buxton, Derbyshire 28 degrees C, 82.4 degrees F
- Hotwells spring  in Bristol 25 degrees C, 77 degrees F
Hot springs can be found in all six states of Australia as well as the Northern Territory; but apparently not Australian Capital Territory.
- Dalhousie Springs in South Australia 38-43 degrees C.
- Elizabeth Springs, Innot Hot Springs in Queensland
- Hastings Caves and Thermal Springs in Tasmania 28 degrees C is located south of Hobart.
- Kimberley Warm Springs near Devonport, Tasmania 25 degrees C.
- Mataranka Hot Springs, Katherine Hot Springs, Tjuwaliyn (Douglas) Hot Springs in the Northern Territory
- Paralana Radioactive Springs, near Arkaroola, South Australia, issue at 62 degrees C from a rich vein of uranium ore and contain radon.
- Peninsula Hot Springs in Victoria. Located on the Mornington Peninsula.
- Pilliga, Moree, Lightning Ridge in New South Wales.
- Zebedee Springs within El Questro Station, and Bibawarra Bore near Carnarvon, Western Australia.
Hot springs are in the town of Savusavu where local people use the hot springs to cook their food. Some of the springs are situated on the beach and steam can be seen rising from the water at low tide.
There are numerous hot springs in New Zealand, predominantly in the Taupo Volcanic Zone, and in particular around Rotorua. Well known springs outside the Taupo Volcanic Zone include The Lost Spring in Whitianga, Coromandel Peninsula, Hot Water Beach, Waiwera, and Hanmer Springs.
Hot springs parks 
It is common to create parks around hot springs:
- Shikotsu-Toya National Park in Hokkaidō, Japan
- Yangmingshan National Park in Taiwan
- Banff National Park and Jasper National Park in Canada
- Gorongosa National Park in Mozambique
- United States
- Idaho, Montana & Wyoming
See also 
|Wikivoyage has travel information related to: Hot springs|
- A Japanese newsletter about hot springs, in English
- Edmunds W. M. 2004.Bath thermal waters: 400 years in the history of geochemistry and hydrogeology. Geological Society, London, Special Publications; 225: 193 - 199.
- Burgess, W.G., Edmunds, W.M., Andrews, J.N., Kay, R.L.F and Lee, D. J. 1980. The hydrogeology and hydrochemistry of the thermal water in the Bath-Bristol Basin. Institute of Geological Sciences"
- Barker J. A., Downing R. A., Gray, D. A., Findlay, J., Kellaway G. A., Parker R. H., and Rollin K. E.2000. Hydrogeothermal studies in the United Kingdom. Quarterly Journal of Engineering Geology and Hydrogeology, 33: 41 - 58
- Gallois, R.W. 2006. The geology of the hot springs at Bath Spa, Somerset. Geoscience in south-west England, 11, 168-173
- Environment Agency Wales.2011.The Hydrogeology and hydrochemistry of the thermal waters at Taff's Well. Environment Agency Wales internal report
- Brassington, F. C. 2007. A proposed conceptual model for the genesis of the Derbyshire thermal springs. Quarterly Journal of Engineering Geology and Hydrology, 40, 35-46
- Gunn, J., Bottrell, S.H., Lowe, D.J & Worthington, S.R.H. 2006. Deep Groundwater flow and geochemical processes in limestone aquifers : evidence from thermal waters in Derbyshire, England, UK. Hydrogeology Journal (2006) 14: 868-881
- Goldscheider, N., Mádl-Szőnyi., Erőss & Schill, E. 2010. Review : Thermal Waters in carbonate rock aquifers. Hydrogeology Journal 18 : 1303-1318
- Innot Hot Springs, Big Trip.
- "Extreme Slime". Catalyst. 03/10/2002. ABC. http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/s692473.htm.