List of ice cream flavors
This is a list of notable ice cream flavors. Ice cream is a frozen dessert usually made from dairy products, such as milk and cream and often combined with fruits or other ingredients and flavors. Most varieties contain sugar, although some are made with other sweeteners.
Ice cream flavors
- Bacon ice cream – a modern invention, generally created by adding bacon to egg custard and freezing the mixture.
- Blue Moon (ice cream)
- Brown bread ice cream
- Butter Brickle – was the registered trademark of a toffee ice cream flavoring and of a toffee-centered chocolate-covered candy bar similar to the Heath bar. It was introduced to the world by the Blackstone Hotel in Omaha, Nebraska in the 1920s.
- Butter Pecan – smooth vanilla ice cream with a slight buttery flavor, with pecans added. It is manufactured by many major ice cream brands.
- Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream
- Chocolate ice cream
- Cookies and Cream
- Crab ice cream – a Japanese creation, it is described as having a sweet taste. The island of Hokkaido, Japan, is known for manufacturing crab ice cream.
- Garlic ice cream
- Grape ice cream
- Grape nut ice cream
- Green tea ice cream
- Halva ice cream
- Hokey pokey (ice cream)
- Mint chocolate chip – composed of mint ice cream with small chocolate chips. In some cases the liqueur crème de menthe is used to provide the mint flavor, but in most cases peppermint or spearmint flavoring is used.
- Neapolitan ice cream
- Oyster ice cream
- Pistachio ice cream
- Raspberry Ripple
- Rocky road (ice cream)
- Strawberry ice cream
- Superman ice cream
- Tiger tail ice cream
- Tutti frutti (food)
- Vanilla ice cream
- List of Ben & Jerry's ice creams
- List of dairy products
- List of ice cream brands
- List of ice cream parlor chains
- List of soft drink flavors
- List of desserts
- "Who's to blame for bacon ice cream?". NBC News. May 9, 2008. Retrieved 6 April 2014.
- "Blackstone Hotel", Omaha Public Schools. Retrieved 9/31/07.
- Derbyshire, David (June 11, 2001). "Crab ice cream is simply a matter of taste". The Telegraph. Retrieved 6 April 2014.
- McCullough, Fran (2003). The Good Fat Cookbook. Simon and Schuster. pp. 120–. ISBN 9780743238588.
- Wilson, Lindsay Cameron (2005). Ice Cream!: Delicious Ice Creams for All Occasions. New Holland Publishers. pp. 6–. ISBN 9781843309796.
- "Ice cream company scoops grapenut ice cream from Hannah Young." Hantsport News and Views. July 2010, pg. 12.
- "Oysters, Ice Cream All Right". The Milwaukee Journal. September 21, 1934. pp. 9–.
- Media related to Ice cream by flavor at Wikimedia Commons
- Media related to Ice cream at Wikimedia Commons