List of judo organizations
This is a list of Judo Organisations.
- 1 Worldwide governing bodies
- 2 Continental bodies
- 3 National bodies
- 4 Dojos
- 5 References
Worldwide governing bodies
- IJF International Judo Federation.
- Kodokan Judo Institute in Japan is the governing body of the art of judo.
- World Judo Federation
- AJU African Judo Union (IJF)
- PJC Pan American Judo Confederation (IJF) *PJU Pan American Judo Union (WJF)
- JUA Judo Union of Asia (IJF) *Eurasian Judo (WJF)
- EJU European Judo Union (IJF) *Eurasian Judo (WJF)
- OJU Oceanian Judo Union (IJF) *Australasian Judo (WJF)
In Australia, the Judo Federation of Australia (JFA) is the largest judo association, and the only national body affiliated with the IJF. The Australian Kodokan Judo Association (AKJA) is affiliated with the WJF.
- Judo Federation of Australia - JFA
- Australian Kodokan Judo Association - AKJA
- Australian Judo Union - AJU
- Fédération Française de Judo, Jujitsu et Disciplines Associées - FFJDA (French Federation of Judo, Jujitsu and Related Disciplines)
FFJDA is affiliated with the European Judo Union, and with the International Judo Federation.
- German Judo Association, Deutscher Judobund (IJF)
- German Dan Colleague, Deutsches Dan-Kollegium
- Deutsche Judo Föderation (WJF)
- Iceland judo (WJF)
- Judo Filipinas (WJF)
- Real Federación Española de Judo y Deportes Asociados - RFEJYDA (Royal Spanish Federation of Judo and Related Sports)
RFEJYDA is affiliated with the European Judo Union, and with the International Judo Federation.
In the UK, the British Judo Association (BJA) is the largest judo association, and is part of the EJU and IJF. The British Judo Council (BJC) and the Amateur Judo Association(AJA) are both affiliated to the BJA. A number of smaller organisations exist, including the British Judo Council - Martial Arts Circle (BJC-MAC) and the Judo For All UK (JFA-UK) which is affiliated with the WJF.
- All England Judo Federation - AEJF
- Seishin Budo Founded by Alan Fromm (former BJC member) in 1984.
- Bushido Za Zen - Formed by Arnold Davies in 1969 and merged with the Dutch Zazen organisation in 1971
- Universal Budo Association - group formed by John Goldman in the early 1980s
There are also a number of organisations derived from George Mayo's Kyushindo organisation and Zen judo
- Kyushindo International Association - KIA Formed by George Mayo in 1960 and named after Kenshiro Abbe's philosophy.
- Mayoshindo - Split from KIA, initiated by Mayo in 2001.
- Zen Judo Family - ZJF Dominic "Mac" McCarthy was a member of the Kyushindo International Association, but left to form his own organisation, the Zen Judo Family, in 1974
- British Zen Judo Family Association - BZJFA split from the ZJF, run by Gordon Lawson
- Shin Judo - small Zen Judo derived organisation
- Kenshindo Ryu
- Traditional Judo UK
- International Gentle Art Society
There are other less classifiable organisations
- International Budo Federation - IBF
- Tokushima Budo Council International - TBCI
- Bushi Karate Jitsu Association - BKJA
- International Martial Arts Federation - IMAF
- British Judo Society - BJS
- Sho Shin Budo Kwai
In the USA the United States Judo, Inc. is the largest national judo organisation and is affiliated to the PJF and IJF. Other national bodies include The United States Judo Federation (USJF) and the The United States Judo Association (USJA) both of which are affiliates of US Judo Inc. Also there is the USA Traditional Kodokan Judo Association (USA-TKJA) and Amateur Athletics Union-Judo (AAU-Judo) which are affiliated with the PJU and WJF.
- JudoWorldMap features a map of more than 700 judo dojos worldwide.
- Judo Info Site has a list of almost 2000 judo dojos worldwide.