List of United States colleges and universities by enrollment
This is a list of the largest United States colleges and universities by enrollment for colleges and universities in the United States.
What this list includes:
- Colleges and universities within the United States
- University systems if the system is run under a single administration
- Enrollment is the sum of the headcount of undergraduate and graduate students
- Enrollment is counted by the Integrated Post-secondary Education System within the U.S. Department of Education.
- Enrollment is the 12-month unduplicated headcount, indicating the number of unique students who attended the university during the year.
What this list does not include:
- Any indication of how many of the enrolled students are full or part time (e.g., some universities may have a high enrollment, but have most students enrolled in only a single class)
For other lists that measure university enrollment, see the See Also section below.
US Department of Education Ranking 
The US Department of Education's Integrated Post-secondary Education Data System contains information on all 7,316 officially-recognized institutions of higher education in the United States. The following is a list of the 20 largest institutions of higher education by Fall 2011 enrollment, meaning it is the number of unique individuals who were enrolled in at least one class on the 21st day of the Fall 2011 semester.Whether a system of individual campuses is counted as one or multiple institutions depends on how that institution is accredited and chartered. All data can be verified on the IPEDS system website.
US Department of Education Fall 2011 Enrollment
Additional Rankings. This list of rankings is gathered from individual institution websites, and may contain non-credit students and university systems containing separate institutions.
See also 
- List of largest United States university campuses by enrollment
- List of largest universities by enrollment
- List of largest United States universities by undergraduate enrollment
- IPEDS Datacenter US Department of Education. Data can be obtained by "comparing institutions on a single variable," and then choosing to compare ALL US INSTITUTIONS by Fall 2012 enrollment.
- IPEDS Datacenter
- http://www.suny.edu/About_suny/fastfacts/index.cfm Retrieved 2010-12-31.
- Student Enrollment Totals and Demographics and Employee Totals Retrieved 2010-08-17.
- Ivy Tech Office of Institutional Research Annual Unduplicated Headcount Retrieved 2010-08-17.
- "Facts in Brief". www.mdc.edu. Retrieved October 28, 2010.
- . Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- Enrollment in the City College of San Francisco through 2001 Retrieved 2010-08-17.
- Pennsylvania State University Retrieved 2010-10-20.
- "Recent Enrollment Growth". www.fscj.edu. Retrieved October 27, 2010.