List of largest cities in Organisation of Islamic Cooperation member countries
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of the largest cities in the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation member states, based on the United Nations World Urbanization Prospects report (2010 population estimates from the report's 2007 revision).
17 largest agglomerations in the OIC
|Rank||City||Images||Population||Country||Statistical concept ||Area (km²)|
|3||Greater Cairo||18,420,000||Egypt||Official metropolitan area||1,310|
|4||Dhaka||17,000,000||Bangladesh||Official metropolitan area||1,600|
|12||Chittagong||5,012,000||Bangladesh||Official metropolitan area||990|
|13||Riyadh||4,856,000||Saudi Arabia||City proper||1,550|
|15||Abidjan||4,175,000||Ivory Coast||Urban agglomeration||2,550|
- Organisation of Islamic Cooperation
- Islamic World
- Metropolitan areas
- Largest cities of the European Union
References and notes
- World Urbanization Prospects, 2007 revision (online data)
- The area figures are taken from individual national censuses according to the criteria and statistical concepts noted in the World Urbanization Prospects.
- Data refer to the functional urban area, that is, contiguous areas which are consistently urban in character as indicated by levels of population density, economic functions and facilities.
- Data refer to Lagos State
- Ankara includes Altindag, Cankaya, Etimesgut, Golbasi, Keçioren, Mamak, Sincan and Yenimahalle
- Data refer to the Governorate of Grand Algiers.