List of legally mononymous people
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2010)|
This is a list of notable people whose full legal name is a mononym, either by name change or by being born mononymic (such as in Indonesia, or Japanese royalty). This list does not include people who are mononymous only as a stage name, pen name, in certain contexts, or by dint of fame.
- Akihito (born 1933), Japanese emperor
- Boediono, (born 1943) Vice President of Indonesia since 2009
- Chyna (born Joan Marie Laurer, 1970), former American professional wrestler.
- DotComGuy (born and reverted to Mitch Maddox), American computer specialist
- Hirohito (1901-1989), Japanese emperor
- iOTA (born 1968/1969), Australian musician and actor
- Mayawati (born 1956), former Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh
- Michiko (born 1934 Michiko Shōda), Japanese empress consort
- Nenê (born 1982 Maybyner Rodney Hilario), Brazilian basketball player
- Savage, New Zealand film screenwriter and production designer
- Suharto (1921-2008), Indonesian president
- Sukarno (1901-1970), Indonesian president
- Teller (born 1948 Raymond Joseph Teller), American magician
- Titarubi (1968-), Indonesian artist
- Triyatno (born 1987), Indonesian weightlifter and Olympic silver medalist
- Warrior (born 1959 James Brian Hellwig), retired American professional wrestler.
- "Copy of Name Change Document" (PDF). 2007-11-07. Retrieved 2007-11-09.
- "Mt. Zion: Behind the Scenes". Tangata Whenua. December 4, 2012. Retrieved 12 July 2013.
- "Titarubi". Universes in Universe. Retrieved 12 July 2013.