List of legally mononymous people
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2010)|
This is a list of notable people whose full legal name is a mononym, either by name change or by being born mononymic (such as in Indonesia, or Japanese royalty). This list does not include people who are mononymous only as a stage name, pen name, in certain contexts, or by dint of fame.
- Akihito (born 1933), Japanese emperor
- Boediono (born 1943) Vice President of Indonesia since 2009
- Chadrick (born Chadrick W. Fowler) American businessperson
- Cher (born 1946 as Cherilyn Sarkisian) American singer and actress
- Chyna (born Joan Marie Laurer, 1970) former American professional wrestler.
- DotComGuy (born and reverted to Mitch Maddox), American computer specialist
- Dharzel (born 1948 as Donald Henry Ramirez), American Designer
- Goodspaceguy (born Michael George Nelson, 1938) American perennial political candidate
- Hirohito (1901-1989), Japanese emperor
- iOTA (born 1968/1969) Australian musician and actor
- KentuckyFriedCruelty.com, (born and reverted to Christopher Garnett), American animal rights activist.
- Mayawati (born 1956) former Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh
- Michiko (born 1934 Michiko Shōda), Japanese empress consort
- Nenê (born 1982 Maybyner Rodney Hilario) Brazilian basketball player
- Savage, New Zealand film screenwriter and production designer
- Stilgherrian (1960-) Australian journalist and broadcaster
- Suharto (1921-2008) Indonesian president
- Sukarno (1901-1970) Indonesian president
- Teller (born 1948 Raymond Joseph Teller) American magician
- Titarubi (1968-) Indonesian artist
- Triyatno (born 1987) Indonesian weightlifter and Olympic silver medalist
- Warrior (born James Brian Hellwig, 1959-2014) retired American professional wrestler.
- "Copy of Final Judgement of Change of Name - Redacted" (PDF). 2014-03-25. Retrieved 2014-03-25.
- "Turning Back Time - Chicago Tribune". Retrieved 2013-12-09.
- "Copy of Name Change Document" (PDF). 2007-11-07. Retrieved 2007-11-09.
- Ervin, Keith (12 August 2007). "Goodspaceguy Nelson challenges Constantine in race for District 8". Seattle Times. Retrieved 13 May 2014.
- "Mt. Zion: Behind the Scenes". Tangata Whenua. December 4, 2012. Retrieved 12 July 2013.
- Stilgherrian (2011-09-27). "Google+: What's In a Name?". abc.net.au. Retrieved 2014-06-22.
- "Only One Name". Retrieved 2014-06-22.
- "To Google, we are data fodder, and I am an unperson". Retrieved 2014-06-22.
- "Titarubi". Universes in Universe. Retrieved 12 July 2013.