List of maritime museums in the United States
List of maritime museums in the United States is a sortable list of museums that display objects related to ships and water travel. Many of these maritime museums have museum ships in their collections. Museum ships that are not affiliated with a museum are on a separate list of museum ships. Many of these museums are members of the Council of American Maritime Museums and these are indicated in the final column.
- Aymar, Brandt (1967). A pictorial treasury of the marine museums of the world. New York, New York: Crown Publishers, Inc. OCLC 1303121.
- Howe, Hartley Edward (1987). North America's maritime museums: an annotated guide. New York, New York: Facts on File. ISBN 0-8160-1001-3.
- Poutre, Joseph. "Naval and Maritime Museums List United States of America". Retrieved July 3, 2008.
- Saini, Vik. "Maritime and naval museum links". Retrieved June 15, 2009.
- Smith, Robert. "Smith’s Master Index to Maritime Museum Websites". Retrieved July 3, 2008.
- Smith, Robert H. (2005). Smith’s guide to maritime museums of North America. Del Mar, California: C Books Publisher. ISBN 0-941786-07-2.
- Stanford, Joseph (1990). Sea History's Guide to American and Canadian Maritime Museums. Croton-on-Hudson, New York: National Maritime Historical Society. ISBN 0-930248-03-1.
- Naval History & Heritage Command
- Naval Historical Foundation
- National Museum of the U.S. Navy
- Hampton Roads Naval Museum
- Great Lakes Naval Museum
- National Naval Aviation Museum
- Naval Museum of Armament and Technology
- Naval Undersea Museum
- Naval War College Museum
- Puget Sound Navy Museum
- Patuxent River Naval Air Museum
- Navy Seabee Museum
- Submarine Force Library & Museum
- U.S. Naval Academy Museum
- Navy Art Collection
- USS Constitution "Old Ironsides"