List of materials-testing resources
Materials (biomaterials as well as inorganic or organic materials) and devices (integrated circuits, LED, Solar cell etc.) need analysis to assess product quality, functioning, safety, reliability and toxicity. Effective materials testing covers verification of material characteristics for application trials, detection of defects, analysis of failures, improvement of new materials or conducting basic research on the theoretical strength of materials.
List of International Organizations For Material Testing
The following are some global organizations which are involved in setting up of "testing standards" and active research for material analysis and reliability testing.
- ASTM International
- American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists (AATCC)
- Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung
- European Reference Materials
- Santam Engineering Design Co.
- Zwick Roell Group
- Bangalore integrated System Solutions Pvt Ltd
- Electrostatic Discharge Association 
- International Committee for Non Destructive Testing 
- National Physical Laboratory 
- ISTFA: Useful resources on Material, Device and Failure Analysis 
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
List of Global Research Laboratories for Material Testing
Following are some international laboratories working in the area of material testing.
- Micom Laboratories Inc. 
- CERAM 
- Razi Metallurgical Research Center, RMRC 
- Evans Analytical Group 
- Materials Analysis and Technology 
- SEMATECH 
- ISTI 
- Toxicology testing 
- FEI Company 
- Metallurgical Services in Mumbai, India 
- Rocky Mountain Laboratories (www.rockymountainlabs.com)
- IMR Test Labs
Some online resources available for Material analysis
- TRIM/SRIM simulations to calculate sputtering yield and deformation of a substrate bombarded by energetic ion 
- Handbook of analytical methods for materials. 
A brief List of materials analysis methods and tools, describing fundamentals and applications, is available on Wikipedia.
- Materials Testing, Retrieved 12/20/2013
|This engineering-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|