Mayors of Atlantic City, New Jersey
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from List of mayors of Atlantic City, New Jersey)
- "Mayors of Atlantic City, New Jersey". Atlantic City, New Jersey. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- "In All Parts of Jersey". Philadelphia Record. February 25, 1890. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
Robert T. Evard, one of Atlantic City's first Mayors, died on Sunday after short illness. He was 70 years of age.
- David G. Schwartz. "The Dandy Mayor". New York Times. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- "Died". Time magazine. May 26, 1947. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
Harry Bacharach, 73, five times mayor (1911-20, 1930-35) and longtime "No. 1 Booster" of Atlantic City; in Atlantic City. An ardent publicity-grabber (he once carried on the city's business in an amusement-pier office flanked by an educated chimpanzee and a half-man-half-woman), he nonetheless worked noisily at keeping his resort free of known thugs and 'undesirables.'
- "Bacharach Slated To Succeed Ruffu. Jersey Utility Commissioner to Fill Unexpired Term of Late Atlantic City Mayor. Long Deadlock Is Broken. New Executive Is Expected to Reorganize the Government of Shore Resort". New York Times. July 7, 1930. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
Harry Bacharach, State Public Utility Commissioner and Mayor of Atlantic City from 1916 to 1920, will again act as the city's chief executive beginning Thursday. He will fill the unexpired term of the late Anthony M. Ruffu Jr., which ends in May, 1932. ...
- "Mayor Bader Dies. Atlantic City Head. Succumbs to Appendicitis Early This Morning. Under Knife on Thursday. Elected For Eight Years. Former Member of University of Pennsylvania's Football Team. A Contractor for Many Years". New York Times. January 29, 1927. Retrieved 2012-08-08.
... He became Mayor of Atlantic City for the first time in 1920, after his election to the City Commission. His four colleagues chose him as their executive. ...
- "Mayor Ruffu Killed With Three Others As Train Hits Auto". Associated Press in the New York Times. June 23, 1930. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
Mayor Anthony M. Ruffu Jr., Mayor of Atlantic City, two unidentified women, and a man believed to have been Assemblyman Anthony J. Siracusa, were killed when a train struck an automobile here early today. ...
- "New Board Pledges Montclair Economy. Commissioners Installed There and in Atlantic City". New York Times. May 22, 1940. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
Thomas D. Taggart, Jr. was installed as Mayor of Atlantic City today. Mr. Taggart, who is 38, is the youngest Mayor in Atlantic ...
- Atlantic City Free Public Library FAQ
- "James L. Usry, the first Black mayor of Atlantic City, Succumbs At 79"
- "Mayoral Showdown: Interview with Lorenzo Langford", Gros, Roger, Casino Connection, May 2005
- "And the newly sworn-in Atlantic City mayor is ... William 'Speedy' Marsh", The Press of Atlantic City, October 10, 2007
- "New AC mayor promises stability", The Philadelphia Inquirer, November 21, 2007
- "Langford back as Atlantic City mayor", The Press of Atlantic City, November 5, 2008
- "Vote count appears to seal win for AC mayoral challenger Guardian", "Philadelphia Inquirer", December 1, 2014.