List of members of the IIHF Hall of Fame
In 1997 the International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF) established the International Ice Hockey Federation Hall of Fame in Zürich, Switzerland. The IIHF Hall of Fame is intended to honor individuals who have made valuable contributions both internationally and in their home countries. The first class, which was composed of 30 individuals, was introduced during the 1997 World Championships in Helsinki, Finland. Members are inducted into the Hall under three separate categories: Player, Referee, and Builder (an individual that "manages" or grows the game). The IIHF and the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto, Canada, agreed on a long term contract whereby the Hockey Hall of Fame became the permanent residence for the IIHF Hall of Fame. On 29 June 1998, the Hockey Hall of Fame opened its newly revamped Exhibition Center containing an international area known as the World of Hockey Zone, which houses the exhibits for the IIHF Hall of Fame.
Members by country
- Paul Loicq Award, presented by the IIHF to a person who has made "outstanding contributions to the IIHF and international ice hockey".
- "Index Ii: IIHF Hall of Fame". A to Z Enyclopaedia of Ice Hockey. Retrieved 5 March 2010.
- "IIHF Hall of Fame inducts six new members". National Hockey League. Retrieved 5 March 2010.
- "IIHF Hall of Fame". International Ice Hockey Federation. Retrieved 5 March 2010.
- "The inductee class of 2009". Zurich: International Ice Hockey Federation.