List of military unit mottoes by country
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2011)|
- 1 Australia
- 2 Canada
- 3 China, Republic of
- 4 Estonia
- 5 Finland
- 6 France
- 7 Germany
- 8 Greece
- 9 India
- 10 Indonesia
- 11 Israel
- 12 Italy
- 13 Lebanon
- 14 Malaysia
- 15 Netherlands
- 16 Norway
- 17 New Zealand
- 18 Pakistan
- 19 Philippines
- 20 Portugal
- 21 Sri Lanka
- 22 Sweden
- 23 Tunisia
- 24 United Kingdom
- 25 United States
- 26 Vietnam
- 27 References
- Australian Army
- 1st Armoured Regiment: Paratus (Latin for "prepared")
- 1st Commando Regiment: Strike swiftly
- 2nd Commando Regiment: Foras admonitio (Latin for "without warning")
- Royal Australian Artillery: Quo fas et gloria ducunt (Latin for "whither duty and glory lead")
- Royal Australian Engineers: Ubique (Latin for "everywhere") and honi soit qui mal y pense (Old French for "evil be to him who evil thinks")
- Royal Australian Regiment: Duty first
- Special Air Service Regiment: Who dares wins
- Royal Australian Air Force: Per ardua ad astra (Latin for "through adversity to the stars")
- No. 41 Wing: Pass not unseen
- No. 42 Wing: Defend from above
- No. 44 Wing: Steadfastness
- No. 78 Wing: Fight
- No. 81 Wing: Prepared to fight
- No. 82 Wing: Find and destroy
- No. 84 Wing: Guide and deliver
- No. 86 Wing: Precision
- No. 92 Wing: Watch and ward
- No. 395 Wing: Expeditionary support
- No. 396 Wing: Steadfast in support
- Royal Australian Navy
- Canadian Army: Vigilamus pro te (Latin for "we stand on guard for thee")
- 1 Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group: Semper vigilans (Latin for "always vigilant")
- 2 Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group: Audacia et fortitudo (Latin for "strength and courage")
- 5 Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group: Allons-y (French for "let's go")
- 31 Canadian Brigade Group: Pro aris et focis (Latin for "for hearth and home")
- 32 Canadian Brigade Group: Steadfast
- 33 Canadian Brigade Group: Fortes soli, fortiores una (Latin for "strong alone, stronger together")
- 34 Canadian Brigade Group: Combattre, vaincre ou mourir (French for "fight, overcome or die")
- 38 Canadian Brigade Group: Progredere ne regredere (Latin for "ever forward, never back")
- 39 Canadian Brigade Group: Splendor sine occasu (Latin for "splendour without diminishment")
- 41 Canadian Brigade Group: Fortune favours the bold
- Royal Canadian Air Force: Sic itur ad astra (Latin for "such is the pathway to the stars")
- Royal Canadian Navy: Ready aye ready
- Canadian Joint Operations Command: Unanimi cum ratione (Latin for "united in purpose")
- Canadian Special Operations Forces Command: Viam inveniemus (Latin for "we will find a way")
China, Republic of
- 防衛固守，有效嚇阻(fang-wei-gu-shou, yo-siao-he-zu): persistent defense, effective intimidation.
- 決戰境外(jue-jhan-jin-wai): decisive battle outside of national boundary.
- Republic of China Army
- Aviation and Special Operation Command
- 高山低頭，海水讓路(gao-shan-di-tou, hai-shui-ran-lu): the mountain bows, the ocean splits.
- 生為空特人，死為空特魂(sheng-wei-kon-teh-ren, sih-wei-kon-teh-huen): live as kon-teh persons, die as kon-teh spirits.(空特kon-teh is abbreviation of Aviation and Special Warfare Command)
- Aviation and Special Operation Command
- Republic of China Navy
- 忠、義(jhong, yi): loyalty and justice.
- 見敵必戰(jien-di-bi-jhan): battle we must when enemy in sight.
- Republic of China Marine Corps
- 一日陸戰隊，終生陸戰隊(yi-rih-lu-jhan-duei, jhong-sheng-lu-jhan-duei): Once a marine, always a marine.
- 不怕苦，不怕難，不怕死(bu-pa-ku, bu-pa-nan, bu-pa-sih): fear no pain, fear no challenge, fear no death.
- 永遠忠誠(yon-yuen-jhong-cheng): ever faithful (taken from the USMC motto semper fidelis)
- Republic of China Air Force
- 無空防即無國防(wu-kon-fan-ji-wu-guo-fan): without air defense there is no national defense.
- Republic of China Military Police
- 忠貞憲兵(jhong-zheng-hsien-bin): loyal military police.
- Military Academy
- 親愛精誠: Fraternity, Devotion, Sincerity
- 貪生怕死勿入此門，升官發財請走他路(tan-sheng-pa-sih-mo-ru-cih-men, sheng-guan-fa-cai-cing-zou-ta-lu): (those who) covet life and fear death do not enter this door, (those who wish for) promotion and wealth please take other paths.
- Maavägi (Estonian Army)
- Maavoimat (Finnish Army)
- Ilmavoimat (Finnish Air Force): Qualitas potentia nostra (Latin for "quality is our strength")
- Suomen Kansainvälinen Valmiusjoukko (Finnish Rapid Deployment Force): Look good, do good!
- Armée de Terre (French Army): Honneur et patrie (French for "honour and fatherland")
- 1er Régiment de Parachutistes d'Infanterie de Marine (1st Marine Infantry Parachute Regiment): Qui ose gagne (French for "who dares wins")
- 2e Régiment de Parachutistes d'Infanterie de Marine (2nd Marine Infantry Parachute Regiment): Ne pas subir (French for "do not give in")
- 2e Régiment d'Infanterie de Marine (2nd Marine Infantry Regiment): Fidelitate et honore, terra et mare (Latin for "loyalty and honour on land and sea")
- 3e Régiment d'Infanterie de Marine (3rd Marine Infantry Regiment): Debout les morts (French for "the dead, get up")
- 13e Régiment de Dragons Parachutistes (13th Parachute Dragoon Regiment): Au-delà du possible (French for "beyond what is possible")
- 35e Régiment d'Artillerie Parachutiste (35th Parachute Artillery Regiment): Droit devant (French for "right in front")
- Chasseurs Alpins (Alpine Rangers): Jamais être pris vivant (French for "never to be taken alive") and sans peur et sans reproche (French for "without fear and beyond reproach")
- Franco-German Brigade: Dem Besten verpflichtet and le devoir d'excellence (German and French for "devoted to excellence")
- Légion Étrangère (French Foreign Legion): Legio patria nostra (Latin for "the legion is our fatherland")
- 1er Régiment Étranger de Cavalerie (1st Foreign Cavalry Regiment): Nec pluribus impar (Latin for "not unequal to many")
- 1er Régiment Étranger de Génie (1st Foreign Engineer Regiment): Ad unum (Latin for "to the end")
- 2e Régiment Étranger de Génie (2nd Foreign Engineer Regiment): Rien n'empêch (French for "nothing prevents")
- 2e Régiment Étranger d'Infanterie (2nd Foreign Infantry Regiment): Être prêt (French for "be ready")
- 2e Régiment Étranger de Parachutistes (2nd Foreign Parachute Regiment): More majorum (Latin for "after the custom of our ancestors")
- Marine Nationale (French Navy): Honneur, patrie, valeur, discipline (French for "honour, fatherland, valour, discipline")
- Armée de l'Air (French Air Force): Faire face (French for "rise up")
- Grande Armée (Grand Army): Valeur et discipline (French for "valour and discipline")
- Bundeswehr (German Armed Forces): Wir dienen Deutschland (German for "we serve Germany")
- Deutsche Marine (German Navy)
- Heer (German Army): Schützen, helfen, vermitteln, kämpfen (German for "protect, help, moderate, fight")
- I. German/Dutch Corps: Communitate valemus (Latin for "together we are strong")
- Division Spezielle Operationen (Special Operations Division): Einsatzbereit, jederzeit, weltweit! (German for "ready for action, anytime, worldwide!")
- Franco-German Brigade: Dem Besten verpflichtet and le devoir d'excellence (German and French for "devoted to excellence")
- Heerestruppenbrigade (Army Troops Brigade): Viribus unitis (Latin for "combined strength")
- Luftlandepioniere (Airborne Engineers): Wir bewegen alles (German for "we move everything")
- Wachbataillon (Guard Battalion): Semper talis (Latin for "always the same")
- Πολεμική Αεροπορία (Hellenic Air Force): Αἰὲν Ὑψικρατεῖν (Greek for "always dominate the heights")
- Ελληνικός Στρατός (Hellenic Army): Ἐλεύθερον τὸ Εὔψυχον (Greek for "freedom stems from valour")
- 1η Στρατιά (First Army): Εστ' αν (ο ήλιος) την αυτήν οδόν ίη (Greek for "as long as (the sun) follows its course")
- Α' Σώμα Στρατού (I Army Corps): Μολών λαβέ (Greek for "come and get them")
- Β' Σώμα Στρατού (II Army Corps): Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς (Greek for "either with it or on it")
- Δ' Σώμα Στρατού (IV Army Corps): Τώ ξιφεί τόν δεσμό λελύσθαι (Greek for "solve the knot with the sword")
- Πολεμικό Ναυτικό (Hellenic Navy): Μέγα το της θαλάσσης κράτος (Greek for "great is the country that controls the sea")
The mottoes of the Indian Armed Forces units come from Sanskrit, English, or a regional language the specific unit is closely affiliated with. Some however are laurels won on the field and are in the language of the enemy or the commander's praise.
|Military Motto||Motto||Language||Translation||Battle Cry||Translation|
|Indian Army||The safety, honour and welfare of your country||English||Bharat Maata ki Jai||Victory for Mother India|
|Army Air Defence||"Aakasey Satrun Jahi"||Sanskrit||"Win Over The Enemy In The Sky"|
|Indian Air Force||"Nabha sparsham Deeptam"||Sanskrit||"Touch the Sky with Glory"|
|Indian Navy||"Sha-no Varuna"||Sanskrit||"May the Lord of the Oceans be Auspicious Unto Us"|
|Indian Military Academy||"Veerta aur Vivek"||Hindi||"Valour and Wisdom"|
|Regiment of Artillery||"Sarvatra Izzat O Iqbal"||Hindi/Urdu||Everywhere with Honour and Glory|
|The Brigade of The Guards||"Pahla Hamesha Pahla"||Hindi/Urdu||"Ahead, Always Ahead" or "First, Always First"||"Garud Ka Hun Bol Pyare "||"I am from the Guards, Say O my friend"|
|Paracommandos (Special Forces)||"Balidaan"||Hindi||"Sacrifice"|
|The Mechanized Infantry||"Valour and Faith"||English||--|
|The Punjab Regiment||"Sthal Wa Jal"||Hindi||"By Land and Sea"||"Jo Bole So Nihal, Sat Sri Akal"||"Whoever utters, shall be fulfilled."|
|The Madras Regiment||"Swadharme Nidhanam Shreyaha"||Sanskrit||"It is a glory to die doing one’s duty"||"Veera Madrasi, Adi Kollu, Adi Kollu"||Valorous Madrasi! Hit! Kill! Hit! Kill!|
|The Gorkha Regiment||"Kafar hunu bhanda marnu ramro"||Gorkhali/Nepali||" It is better to die than be a coward"||"Jai Mahakali, Ayo Gorkhali"||"Victory for Goddess Kali, The Gorkhas are here"|
|The Maratha Light Infantry||"Duty, Honour, Courage"||English||"Har Har Mahadev"||"Hail The Greatest of Lords - The Destroyer"|
|Grenadiers Regiment||"Sarvada Shaktishali"||Sanskrit||"Ever Powerful"||"Sarvada Shaktishali"||"Ever Powerful"|
|The Rajputana Rifles||"Veer Bhogya Vasundhara"||Sanskrit||"The Brave Shall enjoy the Earth"||"Raja Ram Chandra Ki Jai"||"Victory to king Ram Chandra"|
|The Rajput Regiment||"Sarvatra Vijay"||Sanskrit||"Victory Everywhere"||"Bol Bajarang Bali Ki Jai"||"Victory to Lord Hanuman the Powerful"|
|Jat Regiment||"Sangathan Wa Veerta"||Hindi||"Spirit of Unity and Valour"||"Jat Balwaan, Jai Bhagwaan"||"Victory for powerful, victory for God"|
|The Sikh Regiment||"Nischey Kar Apni Jeet Karon"||Punjabi||"With Determination, I Shall win"||"Jo Bole So Nihal, Sat Sri Akal"||"Whoever utters, shall be fulfilled"|
|The Sikh Light Infantry||"Deg Teg Fateh"||Punjabi||"Prosperity in Peace and Victory in War"||"Jo Bole So Nihal, Sat Sri Akal"||"Whoever utters, shall be fulfilled"|
|The Dogra Regiment||"Kartavyam Anvatma"||Sanskrit||"Duty Before Death"||"Jawala Mata Ki Jai"||"Victory for goddess of fire"|
|The Garhwal Rifles||"Yudhaya Krit Nischya"||Sanskrit||"Fight With Determination"||"Badri Vishal Lal Ki Jai"|
|The Kumaon Regiment||"Parakramo Vijayate"||Sanskrit||"Valour Triumphs"||"Kalika Mata Ki Jai/Bajrang Bali Ki Jai /Dada Kishan Ki Jai/Jai Durge Naga."|
|The Assam Regiment||"Assam Vikram"||"Unique Valour"|
|The Bihar Regiment||"Karam Hi Dharam"||Hindi||"Work is Worship"||"Birsa Munda Ki Jai"||"Victory for Birsa Munda"|
|The Mahar Regiment||"Yash Sidhi"||Sanskrit||"Success & Attainment"||"Bolo Hindustan Ki Jai"||"Victory for India"|
|The Jammu and Kashmir Rifles||"Prashata Ranvirta"||Sanskrit||"Valour in Battle is Praiseworthy"||"Durga Mata Ki Jai!||"Victory to Goddess Durga!"|
|The Jammu and Kashmir Light Infantry||"Balidanam Vir Lakshanam"||Sanskrit||"Sacrifice is a Sign of the Brave"||"Bharat Mata Ki Jai"||"Victory for India"|
|Ordnance Corps||"Shastra Se Shakti"||Hindi||"Strength through Weapons"|
|The Corps of Signals||"Teevra Chaukas"||Hindi||"Swift and Secure"|
|Corps of Engineers||"Sarvatra"||Sanskrit||"Everywhere"|
|Judge Advocate General (Indian Army):||"Satyameva Jayate"||Sanskrit||"Truth alone triumphs"|
|Border Security Force||"Duty Unto Death"||English|
|Indian Coast Guard||"Vayam Rakshamah"||Sanskrit||"We Protect"|
|Defence Service Staff College||"Yuddham Pragayya"||Sanskrit||"To War with Wisdom"|
|Defence Research & Development Organisation||"Balasya Moolam Vigyanam"||Sanskrit||"Strength's Origin is in Science"|
- Indonesian National Police: Official Motto: Rastra Sewakottama ("People's Main Servant"), Popular Motto: Melindungi dan Melayani ("To Protect and Serve")
- Indonesian Army: Kartika Eka Paksi (literally "Great Bird, No Opponent"/meaning "Strength, Unity, Loyalty")
- Indonesian Navy: Jalesveva Jayamahe ("On The Sea We Are Glorious")
- Indonesian Air Force: Swabhuana Paksa ("The Wings of The Motherland")
- National Police Units
- Mobile Brigade Corps: Jiwa Ragaku untuk Kemanusiaan (My All Life for Humanities")
- Traffic Regulator Corps: Dharmakerta Marga Raksyaka
- Detective Corps: Sidik Sakti Indra Vaspada
- Police Academy: Dharma, Bijaksana, Ksatria ("Best-serviced, Wise and Knightful")
- Army Units
- Infantry: Yuddhawastu Pramukha ("The Foremost Warfare Equipment")
- Field Artillery: Tri Sandhya Yudha ("Soldier's Ability to Carry Out Their Duties without Time-Spotting")
- Air Defense Artillery: Vyati Rakca Bhala Cakti ("The Great Soldier, Guardian of The Sky")
- Cavalry: Tri Daya Cakti ("Three Sacred Powers", referring to the Moving Power, Firing Power and Surprising Power of modern cavalry)
- Army Aviation: Wira Amur ("Flying Soldiers")
- Army Military Police: Satya Vira Wicaksana ("Loyal and Wise Knights")
- Combat Engineer Corps: Yudha Karya Satya Bhakti ("Loyal in Battles and Developments")
- Signal Corps: Cighra Apta Nirbhaya ("Fast, Exact, Secure")
- Psychological Corps : Upakriya Labdha Prayojana Balottama ("Purpose of The Unit is to Give The Best Service to The Nation by Finding The Perfect Soldier")
- Equipment Corps: Dwi Cakti Bhakti
- Medical Corps: Hesti Wira Shakti
- Army Research and Development Corps: Satiti Cakti Bhakti ("Make a Great Power for Serving The Nation")
- Army Strategic Command: Yudha Nirbaya Bhakti
- Army Raider Battalions: Cepat, Tepat, Senyap ("Fast, Exact, Quiet")
- Army Special Forces Command: Berani, Benar, Berhasil ("Brave, Right, Successful")
- Military Academy: Adhitakarya Mahatvavirya Nagarabhakti (Hard-working Knight Serving Bravery as Nations Hero")
- Navy Units
- Navy Seaman Corps: Jalesveva Jayamahe ("On The Sea We Are Glorious")
- Marine Corps: Jalesu Bhumyamca Jayamahe ("On The Sea and Land We Are Glorious")
- Navy Frogmen: Tan Hana Wighna Tan Sirna ("No Difficulties Can Not Conquered")
- Navy Submarine Unit: Wira Ananta Rudira ("Steadfast until The End")
- Navy Amphibious Ships Unit: Dwi Daya Yudha ("Two Powers in Battles", referring to amphibious properties of the ship)
- Naval Academy: Hree Dharma Shanty ("Embarrassed for Doing The Defects")
- Navy Military Police: Wijna Wira Widhayaka ("Knightful and Wise Rule Upholders")
- Naval Hydro-oceanographic Service: Jala Citra Praja Yodha ("Mapping The Sea for Nations' Glory")
- KRI Sultan Hasanuddin-366, a SIGMA corvette bought from the Netherlands: Bertempur dan Menang ("Fight and Win")
- Air Force Units
- Air Force Special Forces Corps: Karmanye Vadikaraste Mafalesu Kadatjana ("Working Without Counting The Profit and Loss")
- Air Force Military Police: Wira Waksita ("Skilled and Alerted Knights")
- Air Force Academy: Vidya Karma Vira Pakca
- Israeli Defense Forces
- Duvdevan, (lit.: cherry): Ki b'Tahbulot, Ta'ase-l'kha milhama (For by wise counsel thou shalt make thy war (Proverbs 24:6)).
- Givati Brigade: Yehidat Sgula (A Unit of Virtue, also means: purple - the brigade's beret color)
- Israeli Armored Corps: Ha-Adam She-ba-Tank Yenatze'ah (Hebrew:האדם שבטנק ינצח)(The Man in the Tank Shall Win)
- Israeli Armored Corps: Ba-makom bo ya'atsru ha-zchalim, sham yikava ha gvool (Hebrew:במקום בו יעצרו הזחלים שמה ייקבע הגבול) (In the Place where the [tank] Treads Stop, There the Border Will Be Decided [marked/drawn])
- Israeli Artillery Corps: Bli Siyua, Ha-chir Lo Yanua (Without Support, the Infantry Won't Move)
- Israeli Artillery Corps: artilerya malkat Hakrav (Hebrew: ארטילריה מלכת הקרב) (Artillery is the Queen of Battle)
- Israeli Engineering Corps: Rishonim Tamid (Hebrew: ראשונים תמיד) (Always First)
- Israeli Engineering Corps: Et ha-Kashe Naase Hayom, Et ha-Bilti Efshari Naase Machar (Hebrew: את הקשה נעשה היום, את הבלתי אפשרי נעשה מחר) (The hard we shall do today, the impossible we shall do tomorrow)
- Israeli Education and Youth Corps Tzava Boneh Am boneh Tzava (Hebrew: צבא בונה עם בונה צבא) (An Army Builds a Nation [which] Builds an Army)
- Israeli Intelligence Corps: Lecha Dumiya Tehila (Silence is praise to You; Psalms 65:2)
- Israeli Medical Corps: Ha-matsil nefesh achat, keilu hitsil olam shalem (he who saves one soul, it is as if he saves a whole world)
- Israeli Navy: Vayerd MeYam Ad Yam, Uminahar Ad Afsey Aretz, Lefanav Yichreu Tziyim (He shall have dominion also from sea to sea, and from the river unto the ends of the earth. Navies shall bow before him; Psalm 72:8,9)
- Nahal Brigade: Hayitaron ha-Enoshi (The Human Advantage)
- Paratroopers Brigade: Nizom, Novil, Ne'haveh Dugma VeNenaze'ah (We shall Innovate, Lead, Set an Example - and Win)
- Sayeret Matkal (General Staff Reconnaissance Unit): Mi Sheme'ez, Menatze'ah (מי שמעז מנצח) (He Who Dares Wins)
- Shayetet 13 She'hagalim mitchazkim, hachazakim mitgalim (כשהגלים מתחזקים החזקים מתגלים) (When the waves grow stronger, the strong men are revealed).
- Mossad: Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am, Uteshua Berov Yoetz (Where no counsel is, the people fall, but in the multitude of counselors there is safety; Proverbs 11:14)
- SHABAK: Magen Ve-Lo Yira'e (Defender Who Shall Not Have Fear / Defender Who Shall Not Be Seen)
- Esercito Italiano (Italian Army): Salus rei publicae suprema lex esto (Latin for "the safeguard of the republic shall be the supreme law")
- Marina Militare (Italian Navy): Patria e onore (Italian for "country and honour")
- Aeronautica Militare (Italian Air Force): Virtute siderum tenus (Latin for "with valour to the stars")
- Arma dei Carabinieri (Corps of Carabiniers): Nei secoli fedele (Italian for "faithful throughout the centuries")
- Guardia di Finanza (Financial Guard): Nec recisa recedit (Latin for "does not retreat even if broken")
- Polizia di Stato (State Police): Sub lege libertas (Latin for "under the law, freedom")
- Polizia Penitenziaria (Penitentiary Police): Despondere spem munus nostrum (Latin for "to ensure hope is our role")
- Corpo Forestale dello Stato (State Forestry Corps): Pro natura opus et vigilantia (Latin for "labour and vigilance for nature")
- Vigili del Fuoco (Fire Service): Flammas domamus donamus cordem (Latin for "we tame the flames, we give our hearts)
- Corpo Militare della Croce Rossa Italiana (Military Corps of the Italian Red Cross): Inter arma caritas (Latin for "in war, charity")
- Corpo Militare dell'Esercito dell'Associazione dei Cavalieri Italiani del Sovrano Militare Ordine di Malta (Military Corps of the Army of the Association of Italian Knights of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta): Fortitudo et sanitas (Latin for "strength and health")
- Corpo delle Infermiere Volontarie dell'Associazione dei Cavalieri Italiani del Sovrano Militare Ordine di Malta (Corps of Voluntary Nurses of the Association of Italian Knights of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta): Fortitudo et sanitas (Latin for "strength and health")
- Ordinariato Militare in Italia (Military Ordinariate in Italy): Fides, charitas, spes (Latin for "faith, charity, hope")
- Lebanese Army: شرف تضحية وفاء Sharf Tadhiyah Wafaa (Honor, Sacrifice, Loyalty)
Malaysian Army: Gagah Setia (Strong and Loyal)
- Royal Malay Regiment: Ta'at Setia (Loyal and True)
Royal Ranger Regiment: Agi Idup Agi Ngelaban (Whilst there is life,there is fight)
- 1st Rangers
- 2nd Rangers: Osiou oh Kamanang (Who Dares Wins in Kadazandusun)
- 3rd Rangers: Biar Putih Tulang
- 4th Rangers: Jadi Yang Terbaik (Be the Best)
- 5th Rangers: Agi Idup Agi Ngelaban; previous Motto was Berjuang terus Berjuang (Keep on Fighting)
- 6th Rangers
- 7th Rangers (Mechanized): Cekal Perkasa (Determined and Strong)
- 8th Rangers (Para)
- 9th Rangers: Siau bani Manang (Who Dares Wins in Bajau)
- 10th Rangers
Note: The 1st,5th,6th,8th and 10th Rangers uses the same motto,which is Agi Idup Agi Ngelaban.
Rejimen Sempadan (Border Regiment): Setia Waspada (Loyal and Alert)
Rejimen Semboyan Diraja (Royal Signs Regiment): Pantas dan Pasti (Swift and Sure)
Kor Agama Angkatan Tentera (Religious Corps of the Armed Forces of Malaysia): Berjuang Berakhlak
Kor Armor DiRaja (Royal Armored Corps): Bersatu (United)
Kor Risik DiRaja (Royal Intelligence Corps): Pintar dan Cergas (Intelligent and Active)
Royal Malaysian Navy:Sedia Berkorban (Ready to Sacrifice)
Royal Malaysian Air Force: Sentiasa di Angkasa Raya (Always in the Skies)
- Koninklijke Landmacht (Royal Netherlands Army)
- I. German/Dutch Corps: Communitate valemus (Latin for "together we are strong")
- 11 Luchtmobiele Brigade (11 Air Assault Brigade): Nec temere, nec timide (Latin for "neither rashly nor timidly")
- 11 Luchtverdedigingscompagnie Samarinda (11 Air Defence Company Samarinda): Untuk keamanan saya yang atur (Indonesian for "we stand for protection")
- 11 Garderegiment Grenadiers en Jagers (11 Guards Regiment Grenadiers and Rifles): Grenadiers vooraan! (Dutch for "grenadiers in front!") and allez chasse! (French for "let's hunt!")
- 17 Garderegiment Fuseliers Prinses Irene (17 Guards Regiment Princess Irene's Fusiliers): Volo et valeo (Latin for "I want it and I can do it")
- 12 Regiment Van Heutsz (12 Regiment Van Heutsz): Het moet, dus het kan (Dutch for "it must, so it can")
- Korps Commandotroepen (Commando Corps): Nunc aut nunquam (Latin for "now or never")
- Koninklijke Marine (Royal Netherlands Navy)
- Koninklijke Luchtmacht (Royal Netherlands Air Force): Parvus numero, magnus merito (Latin for "small in numbers, great in deeds")
- Koninklijke Marechaussee (Royal Military Constabulary): Zonder vrees en zonder blaam (Dutch for "without fear and without dishonour")
|Norwegian Defence Force||For Fred og Frihet||Norwegian||"For peace and freedom"|
|Norwegian Army Artilleribataljonen (Artillery Battalion)||Gjør ræt - Frykt ingen!||Old Norwegian||"Do right - Fear no-one!"|
|Hans Majestet Kongens Garde (HMKG) (His Majesty The King's Guard)||Alt for Kongen||Norwegian||"Everything for the King"|
|Panserbataljonen (Armored Battalion)||Bitit Fyrst||Old Norse||"Strike First"|
|Oppklaringseskadron (Recon Unit)||Ser alt, alltid||Norwegian||"Sees all, always"|
|Ingeniørvåpenet (Engineers regiment)||Ubique Que fas et gloria ducunt||Latin||"Everywhere Where Right and Glory Lead"|
|2. Bataljon (2nd Battalion)||In hoc Signo Vinces||Latin||"In this sign you shall conquer"|
|Heimevernet (Home Guard)||Verner - Vokter - Virker||Norwegian||"Protects - Guards - Acts"|
|Royal Norwegian Air Force (Luftforsvaret)||For Konge og Fedreland||Norwegian||"For King and Country"|
|Royal Norwegian Navy (Sjøforsvaret)||For Konge, Fedreland og Flaggets Hæder||Old Norwegian||"For King, Country and the Honor of the Flag"|
- New Zealand Army
- Pakistan Army (Urdu: پاک فوج) Motto (Urdu): Iman, Taqwa, Jihad fi Sabilillah (English translation: "Faith, Piety, Struggle in the way of God")
- Pakistan Air Force (Urdu: پاک فضائیه) Motto (Persian): Sahrast ke daryast tah-e-bal-o-par-e-mast (English translation:-
"Be it the deserts, Be it the rivers, All are under my wings")
- No. 9 Squadron: "How high you fly depends on how brave you are"
- No. 11 Squadron: "Your destination is beyond everyone else’s destination"
- No. 14 Squadron: "Bold and fearless, endowed with undaunted spirit and great measure of heavenly might"
- Pakistan Navy (Urdu: پاک بحریہ) Motto (Urdu): (English translation: "A silent force to be reckoned with")
- Pakistan Marines (Urdu: پا مير ينز) Motto (Arabic): (English translation: "And hold fast to the rope of God and do not be divided")
- Pakistan Rangers (Urdu: پاکستان رینجرز) Motto (Urdu): داﯾمً ﺳﺎﮪرً Daaeman Saaheran (English translation: "Ever Ready")
- Philippine National Police "To Serve And Protect"
- Armed Forces of The Philippines
- Philippine Army: "At your service, across the land"
- Philippine 1st Scout Ranger Regiment:We Strike
- 1st Special Forces Airborne Regiment (Philippine Army):Anytime Anywhere
- Philippine Marine Corps:Karangalan, Katungkulan, Kabayanihan "Honor, Duty, Valor"
- Philippine Marine Corps Force Recon Battalion:Recon
- Philippine Air Force:The "First Force"
- Portuguese Armed Forces: Que quem quis sempre pôde ("For those who wanted, always could") - from Os Lusíadas, Book IX, 95th Stanza.
- Portuguese Navy: Talent de bien faire (Old French for: "Talent of doing well") - motto of Henry the Navigator
- Portuguese Army: Em perigos e guerras esforçados ("In ardous perils and wars") — from Os Lusíadas, Book I, 1st Stanza.
- Commandos: Audaces fortuna juvat (Latin for "Fortune favours the bold")
- Parachute Troops School: Que nunca por vencidos se conheçam ("May they never be found defeated") — from Os Lusíadas, Book VII, 71st Stanza.
- Special Operations Troops Centre: Que os muitos por ser poucos nam temamos ("May we few not fear the many" - from Os Lusíadas, Book VIII, 36th Stanza.
- Portuguese Air Force: Ex mero motu (Latin for "From the mere motion")
- National Republican Guard: Pela lei e pela grei ("For the law and for the people")
- Public Security Police: Pela ordem e pela Pátria (Portuguese for "For order and for the Motherland")
- Special Operations Group (GOE): Última razão (Portuguese for "Last reason")
- Armén (Swedish Army)
- Artilleriregementet (Artillery Regiment): Ultima ratio regum (Latin for "the last resort of kings")
- Livgardet (Life Guards): Possunt nec posse videntur (Latin for "they can do what it seems they cannot")
- Livregementets husarer (Life Guard Regiment Hussars): Pergite! (Latin for "forward!")
- Luftvärnsregementet (Anti-Aircraft Regiment): Semper metam contingimus (Latin for "we always reach our goals")
- Norrbottens regemente (Norrbotten Regiment): De hava aldrig svikit eller för egen del tappat (Swedish for "they have never failed or for their own part lost")
- Norrlands ingenjörkompani (Norrland Engineer Company): Nos nihil efficere non possumus (Latin for "to us, nothing is impossible")
1.Amfibiebataljonen: Facile Princips (Enkla Principer) 2.Amfibiebataljonen: Ubique Vigilans (Verksam Överallt) 3.Amfibiebataljonen: Fortis, Robur et Velox (Mod, Styrka, Snabbhet). 4.Amfibiebataljonen: Victoria (Seger) 5.Amfibiebataljonen: Västkustens Styrka och Stolthet 6.Amfibiebataljonen: Primus Sub Stella Polaris (Främst under polstjärnan)
- Groupe des Forces Spéciales (GFS) "الإنتصار أو إستشهاد Victory or martyrdom"
- The Royal Navy: Si vis Pacem, para bellum (if you wish for peace, prepare for war)
- The Royal Air Force: Per Ardua ad astra (Through Adversity to the Stars)
- Special Air Service: Who dares, wins.
- Special Boat Service: By strength and guile
- Parachute Regiment: Utrinque paratus (ready for anything)
- Royal Artillery: Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt (Everywhere right and glory lead.)
- Royal Marine Commandos: Per mare, per terram (by sea, by land)
- Royal Signals: Certa Cito (Latin), Swift and Silent (old), Swift and Sure.
- The London Scottish Regiment: Strike Sure.
- The London Irish Rifles: Fág an Bealach (Gaelic), Faugh a Ballagh (Anglicised spelling), Clear the way.
- United States Army: "This We'll Defend"
- United States Coast Guard: "Semper Paratus" (English: Always Prepared)
- United States Navy:"Non sibi sed patriae" (English: Not Self, but Country)
- United States Marine Corps: "Semper Fidelis" (English: Always Faithful)
- United States Air Force:"Aim High...Fly, Fight, Win"
- US Navy SEALs: "The only easy day was yesterday."
- US Navy Rescue Swimmers: "So Others May Live"
- National Guard of the United States: "Always Ready, Always There"
- US Army Rangers: "Sua Sponte" "Rangers lead the way!"
- US Air Force Pararescue: "That Others May Live"
- US Army Special Forces (Green Berets): "De Opresso Liber" (English: To Liberate The Oppressed; To Free From Oppression"
- US Air Force Combat Control: "First There"
- United States Army National Guard: "You Can"
- Vietnam People's Army: Nothing is more precious than independence and freedom (Không có gì quý hơn độc lập tự do)
- Vietnam People's Ground Force: Determined to win (Quyết thắng)
- Vietnam People's Navy: Island is home, Sea is country (Đảo là nhà, Biển cả là quê hương)
- Vietnam People's Air Force:
- Vietnam Border Defense Force: Post is home, Border is country, Ethnic people are brothers (Đồn là nhà, Biên giới là quê hương, Đồng bào các dân tộc là anh em ruột thịt)
- Vietnam Marine Police:
- Vietnam People's Public Security: Protect security of Fatherland (Bảo vệ an ninh Tổ quốc)
- Army of Republic of Vietnam (Old regime of South Vietnam in the American War before 1975, Republic of Vietnam): Fatherland - Honour - Duty (Tổ Quốc - Danh dự - Trách nhiệm, Việt Nam Cộng Hoà).