List of modern channelled texts
|Part of a series on|
This is a list of notable modern purportedly channelled texts. It contains texts first published in 19th century or later.
- 1 Entities and mediums
- 2 Timeline of Channeling
- 3 Channeled Texts Series
- 4 Works Inspired by Channelings
- 5 Works of Automatic, Psychic or Telepathic Writing
- 6 Works of Hypnotherapists Channeling the Subconscious
- 7 Works of Psychic Mediums Channeling the Dead/Spirits
- 8 Other works
- 9 Channeled Entities with No Available Text
- 10 See also
- 11 References
Entities and mediums
This is an alphabetical listing of claimed entities (with a brief description if necessary), with the name of the channeler. Only entities said to have directly inspired a modern channelled text are included in this list.
- Abraham (group of entities), channeled by Esther Hicks
- Aiwass channeled by Aleister Crowley
- Alexander channeled by Ramon Stevens
- Arten and Pursah, appeared to Gary Renard
- Archangels, channeled by Melanie Beckler
- Ashtar (extraterrestrial being) communicated telepathically to George Van Tassel
- Bashar, channeled by Darryl Anka
- Bartholomew channeled by Mary Margaret Moore
- The Cassiopaeans, channeled by Laura Knight-Jadczyk
- The Echo, channelled by Clifford Preston
- The Galactic Federation of Light (alien beings), channeled by various mediums at LightWorkers.org (The most prolific is SaLuSa channeled by Mike Quinsey)
- God channeled by Barbara Rose
- God channeled by Eileen Caddy
- God and Jesus Christ channeled by Joseph Smith, Oliver Cowdery and other early Mormon leaders
- God channeled by Neale Donald Walsch
- The Guide channeled by Eva Pierrakos
- Hathor (from an ascended civilization) channeled by Tom Kenyon
- Jehovih through automatic writing by John Ballou Newbrough
- Jeshua (Jesus) the "Way of Mastery" channeled by Jayem
- Jesus " A Course in Miracles " channeled by Helen Schucman
- Kirael (7th Dimension Master Guide) channeled by Fred Sterling
- Kryon entity, channeled by Lee Carroll
- Lazaris entity, channeled by Jach Purcel 
- Mary Magdalene, channeled by Mercedes Kirkel 
- Melchezidek entity, channeled by Kathryn E Cole
- Maitreya channeled by Margaret McElroy
- Michael (The Michael Teachings), written by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro
- Oth channeled by Ellen Rauh
- Pleiadeans entity, channeled by Barbara Marciniak
- Pleiadian Collective (9th Dimensional), channeled by Wendy Kennedy
- Ra channeled by Carla Rueckert
- Ramtha: Ascended Master, channeled by JZ Knight
- Seth entity, channeled by Jane Roberts
- Speakers of the Sirian High Council, 6th dimension beings, channeled by Patricia Cori
- Thoth (Ascended Master from Atlantis, Egypt and Greece) channeled by Drunvalo Melchizedek
- Tobias (of the Crimson Council) channeled by Geoffrey Hoppe (He also channels ascended masters Adamus Saint-Germain and Kuthumi)
- Various psychic surgeons, such as Zé Arigó, claim to work as channels for deceased surgeons.
- YHWH channeled by Arthur Fanning (He also channels the being Jehovah)
- Zoosh channeled by Robert Shapiro
Timeline of Channeling
This list compiles when the claims of actual channelings took place, regardless of what years any material were published:
- 1828-1844 Book of Commandments (called Doctrine and Covenants in later editions) through Joseph Smith
- 1880-1881 Oahspe Bible through automatic writing of John Ballou Newbrough
- 1900s The Cosmic Tradition of Max Theon and Alma Theon
- 1904 Book of the Law channeled by Aleister Crowley
- 1913-1918 Toward the Light by intermediary Johanne Agerskov and published by Michael Agerskov
- 1952-1978 Ashtar (extraterrestrial being) communicated telepathically to George Van Tassel
- 1953-1971 God channeled by Eileen Caddy
- 1957-1979 The Pathwork Guide channeled by Eva Pierrakos
- 1963-1984 Seth channeled by Jane Roberts
- 1965-1972 A Course In Miracles said to be from Jesus, channeled by Helen Schucman and William Thetford
- 1973–present The Michael Teachings channeled by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro
- 1977–present Ramtha channeled by JZ Knight
- 1981-1984 Ra channeled by Carla Rueckert
- 1983–present Bashar channeled by Darryl Anka
- 1986–present Jehovah/YHWH channeled by Arthur Fanning
- 1987–present "Jeshua (Jesus)" channeled by Jayem
- 1988–present Alexander channeled by Ramon Stevens
- 1988–present Pleiadians channeled by Barbara Marciniak
- 1988–present Abraham channeled by Esther Hicks
- 1989–present Kryon channeled by Lee Carroll
- 1989–present Kirael channeled by Fred Sterling
- 1991-2005 God channeled by Neale Donald Walsch
- 1992-2001 Arten and Pursah, appeared to Gary Renard
- 1994-present God channeled by Barbara Rose
- 1994–present The Cassiopeans channeled by Laura Knight-Jadczyk
- 1995–present The Pleiadian Collective channeled by Wendy Kennedy
- 1997–present Speakers of the Sirian High Council channeled by Patricia Cori
- 1997–present Tobias channeled by Geoffrey Hoppe
- 2007–present The Galactic Federation of Light (alien beings), channeled by various mediums at LightWorkers.org or Youtube
Channeled Texts Series
- 30+ Books from Ramtha channeled by JZ Knight (pub. 1970-2005)
- 20+ Books from the Seth Material channeled by Jane Roberts (pub. 1966-2003)
- 21 Books from the The Explorer Race series channeled by Robert Shapiro (pub. 1995-2013)
- 12 Books from the Kryon series channeled by Lee Carroll (pub. 1993-2010)
- 9 Books from the Conversations with God series channeled by Neale Donald Walsch (pub. 1995-2006)
- 8 Books from Abraham channeled by Esther Hicks (pub. 1988-2009)
- 8 Books from The Wave series channeled by Laura Knight-Jadczyk (pub. 2000-2011)
- 7 Books from the Shining The Light series channeled by Arthur Fanning and Robert Shapiro. (pub. 1994-2005)
- 6 Books from The Kirael Collection channeled by Fred Sterling (pub. 1998-2006)
- 6 Books from Cosmic Tradition channeled by Max Theon and Alma Theon (pub. 1903-1920)
- 5 texta and four living practices channeled by Jayem, the "Way of Mastery"
- 5 Books from The Sirian Revelations Trilogy plus 2 more books received from The Speakers of the Sirian High Council, channeled by Patricia Cori (pub. 2000-2011)
- 5 Books from The Law of One channeled by Carla Rueckert (pub. 1982-1998)
- 5 Books from the Alexander Material channeled by Ramon Stevens (pub. 1988-2009)
- 4 Books from the Pleiadians channeled by Barbara Marciniak (pub. 1992-2004)
- 4 Books from God, channeled by Barbara Sherry Rose (pub. 2004-2007)
- 4 Books from The Michael Teachings channeled by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro (pub. 1979-1995)
- 3 Books from Bashar channeled by Darryl Anka (pub. 1987-1997)
- 2 Books inspired by Arten and Pursah, recorded discussions said to be from two materialized beings, transcribed by Gary Renard (pub. 2004-2012)
Individually Channeled Work
- The Book of the Law by Aleister Crowley (pub. 1904)
- Toward the Light by Johanne and Michael Agerskov (pub. 1920)
- A Course in Miracles channeled by Helen Schucman and William Thetford (pub. 1975) Note: A workbook for students and a manual for teachers is included with some books, or available separately.
- The Hathor Material: Messages From an Ascended Civilization said to be from the Hathor, channeled by Tom Kenyon (pub. 1996, Revised 2010)
- Rozšířené vědomí channelingové mystiky: Zrychlení duchovního dospívání zesilováním intuice instruction book from Intuition, channeled by Intago (pub. 2003, Revised 2010)
Works Inspired by Channelings
- Eileen Caddy claimed to channel God from 1953–1971, and has gone on to publish many books including God Spoke to Me (1966), and The Spirit of Findhorn (1976). For a complete listing of publications see Main Article Eileen Caddy.
- Drunvalo Melchizedek claimed to have received most of the information in his books from Thoth, the ascended master from Atlantis, Egypt and Greece. The inspired books are:
- The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life Volumes 1 and 2 (1990 & 2000)
- Living in the Heart: How to Enter Into the Sacred Space Within the Heart (with CD) (2003)
- Serpent of Light: Beyond 2012 (2008)
- The Mayan Ouroboros: The Cosmic Cycles Come Full Circle (2012)
Works of Automatic, Psychic or Telepathic Writing
- Oahspe written using automatic writing by John Newbrough (writing began 1881, published in 1882)
- The Aquarian Gospel of Jesus the Christ said to be transcribed from the Akashic Records by Levi H. Dowling (writing began 1890s, published 1908)
- George Van Tassel claimed to have communicated telepathically with an ET know as Ashtar beginning in 1952. His now-rare book, I Rode A Flying Saucer (1952, 1955), recounts some of the cosmic wisdom he received from "Solgonda" and a large number of other people from Space. Among his other works are The Council of Seven Lights (1958), Into This World and Out Again, Religion and Science Merged, and When Stars Look Down .
Works of Hypnotherapists Channeling the Subconscious
This list comprises works that contains word-for-word transcripts of recorded sessions.
- 17 Books by Past-Life Regressionist, and Ufologist, Dolores Cannon conducted on hundreds of subjects (pub. 1989-2012)
- Conversations With Nostradamus: His Prophecies Explained (Vol. 1-3) (1989-1992)
- Between Death & Life / Conversations With a Spirit (1993)
- They Walked With Jesus: Past Life Experiences with Christ (1994)
- The Custodians: Beyond Abduction (1999)
- The Three Waves of Volunteers and the New Earth (2011)
- The Convoluted Universe (Vol. 1-4) (2001-2012)
- For a complete list, see Dolores Cannon
- 4 Books by Between-Life Regresionist Michael Newton conducted on hundreds of subjects
- Journey of Souls (1994)
- Destiny of Souls (2000)
- Life Between Lives: Hypnotherapy for Spiritual Regression (2004)
- Memories of the Afterlife: Life Between Lives Stories of Personal Transformation (2009)
Works of Psychic Mediums Channeling the Dead/Spirits
Note: The following works recall past channeling experiences, and may contain quotes of directly channeled material. Works that do not contain any channeled material are excluded.
- As a psychic medium, author and lecturer over the last twenty years, he is best known for his tv shows, Crossing Over with John Edward and John Edward Cross Country.
- One last time: a psychic medium speaks to those we have loved and lost. (1998)
- Crossing Over (2001)
- After Life: Answers from the Other Side (2003)
- Sylvia Browne (Selected Bibliography)
- Sylvia is an American author who describes herself as a psychic and spiritual medium.
- The Other Side and Back: A Psychic's Guide to Our World and Beyond (1999)
- Life on the Other Side: A Psychic's Tour of the Afterlife (2000)
- Conversations With the Other Side (2002)
- Secrets & Mysteries of the World (2005)
- Messages From the Spirit (2009)
- Van Praagh is a New York Times bestselling author and has been the voice of the Spirit World for over twenty-five years. His books have been published in over 50 countries and translated in over 60 languages.
- Reaching to heaven: a spiritual journey through life and death (1999)
- Talking to heaven: a medium's message of life after death (1999)
- Heaven and earth: making the psychic connection (2002)
- Unfinished Business: what the dead can teach us about life (2009)
- Ghosts among us : uncovering the truth about the other side (2009)
- Lisa was discovered by Merv Griffin and introduced to audiences through two seasons of her own hit show, Lisa Williams: Life Among the Dead; along with, Voices from the Other Side and Lisa Williams Live.
- Life Among the Dead (2009)
- The Survival of the Soul (Do You Want to Know Everything?) (2011)
- Holland is an internationally renowned psychic medium and spiritual teacher. He has been lecturing, teaching, demonstrating, and reading for private clients for over 17 years.
- Born Knowing: A Medium's Journey—Accepting and Embracing My Spiritual Gifts (2003)
- Power of the Soul: Inside Wisdom for an Outside World (2007)
- The Spirit Whisperer: Chronicles of a Medium (2010)
- Michelle Whitedove
- Whitedove actively works as a Medical Intuitive, Psychic Investigator, Spiritual-Medium, Angel Communicator and Futurist. Lifetime Television crowned her America's #1 Psychic and awarded her $100K for winning "America's Psychic Challenge" a TV program that showcased her super natural gifts.
- She Talks With Angels: A Psychic-Medium's Guide into the Spirit World (2000)
- Angels Are Talking: A Psychic Medium Relays Messages from the Heavens (2002)
- The Sacred Code: A Guide to the Universal Laws, the rules and the tools (2012)
- Medium at Large (2006)
- Life After Death: Messages of Love from the Other Side (2011)
- Anthon St. Maarten
- Anthon is a hereditary psychic empath and clairvoyant medium from South Africa.
- Divine Living: The Essential Guide To Your True Destiny (2012)
- The Urantia Book The exact circumstances of the origin of The Urantia Book are unknown. The book and its publishers do not name a human author. Instead, it is written as if directly presented by numerous celestial beings appointed to the task of providing an "epochal" religious revelation. For each paper, either a named celestial being, an order of being, or a group of beings is credited as its author.
- The Urantia Book is a spiritual and philosophical book that discusses God, Jesus, science, cosmology, religion, history, and destiny. It possibly surfaced sometime between the period of 1924 and 1955 in Chicago, Illinois. It is 2,097 pages long, and consists of an introductory foreword followed by 196 "papers" divided into four parts.
- Vladimir Megre claimed to have met with a physical entity starting in 1994 called Anastasia, a young woman, born in 1969, who is living in Siberian Taiga near a river named "Ob". Anastasia is claimed to have lived in the forest since birth and has adapted to being able to survive without any structured shelter, or agriculture and has a strong telepathic connection with nature, animals and other humans around the world. The books were written later by Vladimir including detailed conversations with Anastasia which were claimed to have been recalled by him with the help from Anastasia's strong telepathic ability.
- The books set forth ideas about the education of children and the importance of communicating with living Nature as well as ideas ranging from nutrition and health to spirituality and sexual relations. With the wisdom on matters of everyday life, the books have become the basis for a number of sociological studies and scholarly papers. The books have sold over 10 million copies, starting first in russian then translated to over twenty languages. There are currently 10 books in The Ringing Cedars of Russia series, all of which are available in English. For a complete listing of publications see Main Article Vladimir Megre.
Channeled Entities with No Available Text
- Entity Channeled: The Friend
- Dates of contact: 2009-present
- Number of channeled texts: 1 book
J.K.Chris started to receive his inner experiences (and translate them into verbal scenarios) from an entity who expressed its presence as "the Friend" in 2009. What is unique among other similar works is the way of how the transmitted material is organized in the end-user form. Each transcript is like an interactive story or a script in which the reader is placed in the first role, like in a guided imagery protocols. For example, the flow may go like this: "...(you begin to notice, that something changes around you as the Friend continues to explain). when you focus your attention in this way, then you may experience..." - and the tale unfolds descriptive details, as if the reader was doing and experiencing all what he reads. There are no claims on who the Friend is, but a scenarios are given to allow the reader to find it out through direct inner experience, with a conclusions like "...now you know...". J.K.Chris is also a sound producer, a pioneer like Robert Monroe, focused on new, effect-oriented sonic ways dedicated to brain entrainment.
List of Unavailable Texts:
- Happy Bobbles - Meetings with the Friend (2009) (polish edition), Project Explorers, ISBN 978-83-929835-1-4
- See Main Article: Lekhraj Kirpalani
- Entity(ies) Channeled: Avyakt BapDada or the God, Shiva.
- Dates of contact: 1932-1969
- Number of channeled texts: not available
Originally from Hyderabad, Sindh, Lekhraj Kripalani became wealthy through dealing in diamonds. In his fifties, Kripalani reportedly had visions, which he interpreted as instructions from a Supreme being. 1932, Lekhraj established the spiritual organisation Om Mandali. A relative reported that a spiritual being (Shiva) entered in his body and spoke through him. Adherents of the BKWSU have come to believe that this being is God and that it continued to be channeled via Kripalani and others acting as medium until his death in 1969 by heart attack, at which point both it and the soul of the deceased founder started to be channeled by the current medium, Hirday Mohini at the organization's Indian headquarters.
BK (Dadi) Gulzar
- Entities Channeled: Avyakt BapDada or the God, Shiva.
- Dates of contact: 1969
- Number of channeled texts: not available
“Avyakt BapDada” is the name given to what the BKWSU believed is the combined form of their deceased founder, Lehkraj Kirpalani, or “Brahma Baba” as they now call him, and the spiritual entity that he named as “Shiva”, claimed to be the ‘Supreme Soul’ or “God”. “Bap and Dada” equating to the Father of the BKWSU and the God Father. Whereas Kirpalani was the original medium for spiritual entity called Shiva, he (or they) speak since 1969 via trance channelling through the physical body (“chariot”) of a senior sister, and primary trance medium of the BKWSU, called Hirday Mohini or “Dadi Gulzar”, as happening pictured above.
Since the death of (Dada) Lekhraj Kirpalani (or "Brahma Baba" as they now call him), the role of channelling the Shiva within the BKWSU, has fallen upon BK, or Dadi, Gulzar. It is said that when she is possessed by Bapdada, Gulzar goes out of her body and is held in suspension in the Subtle regions. During the period of possession, it is said that both Shiva and Brahma are presenting on Earth, talking and move her body whilst they instruction the institution and meet groups of BK Brahmins. Mostly they remain sitting, although on a few occasions they have stood and moved.
The Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University (BKWSU) refuse public access to the channelled messages from God, called ‘Murlis’ or ‘Vanis’, that make up their core teachings. Instead these are kept hidden behind obscure, password-protected and encypted websites. Recently not just non-BKs but often loyal followers are often refused offsite access to them. Emailing Murlis to associates is discouraged.
Whilst speaking, the messages are broadcast via securely encrypted audio-video channels to BK centers, recorded, transcribed and translated. They are then distributed to BKWSU centers world-wide. “God” speaks a middle class Hindi with a few English words.
- "The Alexander Material: Sprit Wisdom for a Transformation Age (Sales Page)". Retrieved July 2013.
- Cassiopaea.org Full Channelled Transcripts
- Melchizedek, Drunvalo (1990). The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life. Flagstaff, AZ: Light Technology Publishing. ISBN 1-891824-17-1.
- Fanning, Arthur (1994). Shining The Light. Sedona, AZ: Light Technology Publishing. ISBN 0-929385-66-7.
- Shapiro, Robert (1995). The Explorer Race. Sedona, AZ: Light Technology Publishing. ISBN 978-0929385389.
- Rose, D. (2006). If God Hears Me, I WANT AN ANSWER! pp. 29-30. The Rose Group, Florida ISBN 0974145750
- Villagebooks.com The Hathor Material
- The Intago books
- "Notes For A History of The Urantia Movement". Urantiabook.org. Retrieved 2012-04-03.
- "How The Urantia Book Came Into Existence" by William S. Sadler, Jr., February 18, 1962.
- Urantia Foundation (1955). The Urantia Book. Urantia Foundation. ISBN 0-911560-02-5
- Abbott, Elizabeth (2001). A History of Celibacy. James Clarke & Co. pp. 172–174. ISBN 0-7188-3006-7.
- Walliss, John (October 1999). "From World Rejection to Ambivalence: the Development of Millenarianism in the Brahma Kumaris". Journal of Contemporary Religion 14 (3): 375–385. doi:10.1080/13537909908580876.
- Peace & purity: the story of the Brahma Kumaris : a spiritual revolution By Liz Hodgkinson. Page 58
- "The Divine Descent of God". Prajapita rahma Kumaris Ishawariya Vishwa Vidyalaya. Archived from the original on 2007-07-02. Retrieved 2007-07-18.