List of naval collaboration treaties signed by the Ottoman Empire
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Military of the
There were 21 naval collaboration treaties of the Ottoman Empire. These treaties were instrumental to establishment of the Ottoman Naval force.
- Treaty with the Republic of Genoa (1352)
- Treaty with the Republic of Ragusa (1365)
- Treaty with the Mameluke Empire (1386)
- Treaty with the Republic of Venice (1416)
- Treaty with the Republic of Ragusa (1458)
- Treaty with the Republic of Venice (1479)
- Treaty with the Republic of Ragusa (1481)
- Treaty with the Republic of Venice (1503)
- Treaty with the Republic of Venice (1522)
- Treaty with France (1536)
- Treaty with the Republic of Venice (1540)
- Treaty with France (1569)
- Treaty of Peace, with the Republic of Venice (1573)
- Treaty of Commerce, with England (1580)
- Treaty with France (1581)
- Treaty of Peace, Commerce, and Navigation, with The Netherlands (1612)
- Treaty of Küçük Kaynarca, with Russia (1774)
- Treaty of Peace, with Great Britain (1809)
- Treaty of Adrianople, with Russia (1829)
- Treaty of Hünkâr İskelesi, with Russia (1833)
- London Straits Convention and the international recognition of Turkey's right to block the Turkish Straits and refuse passage permission to foreign warships in case of a major risk to national security (1841).
- Kenneth M. Setton (1984). The Papacy and the Levant (1204-1571). DIANE. p. 559.
- Peter Stearns (2001). The Encyclopedia of World History. Houghton Mifflin. p. 352.
- Edward Hertslet (1875). Treaties and Tariffs: Regulating the Trade between Great Britain and Foreign Nations. Buttersworth. p. 95.
- Ömer Lütfi Barkan (1985). Ord. Prof. Ömer Lütfi Barkan'a armağan. Istanbul University. p. 48.
- Christos L. Rozakis (1987). The Turkish Straits. Martinus Nijhoff Publishers. pp. 24–25.