List of naval ships named for Minnesota
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
There are 12 Naval ships named for Minnesota, or cities in Minnesota.
- USS Minnesota, a steam frigate named for the Minnesota River, commissioned in 1855.
- USS Minnesota (Battleship No. 22), one of the last pre-dreadnought battleships
- USS Minnesota (SSN-783), a Virginia-class attack submarine to be commissioned in 2012.
- USS Saint Paul, a converted merchant cruiser which served during the Spanish-American War and World War I
- USS Minneapolis (Cruiser No. 13, later CA-17), a Columbia-class protected cruiser which also served during World War I
- USS Minneapolis (CA-36), a New Orleans-class heavy cruiser which served during World War II.
- USS Fort Snelling (LSD-30), a dock landing ship which served during World War II
- USS Saint Paul (CA-73), a Baltimore-class heavy cruiser which served from late in World War II until the Vietnam War
- USS Minneapolis-St. Paul (SSN-708), a Los Angeles-class nuclear attack submarine decommissioned in 2008.
- SS Gopher State (ACS-4), a Gopher State-class crane ship serving with the Military Sealift Command, Prepositioning Force.
- USS Duluth (CL-87) was a Cleveland-class light cruiser commissioned late in World War II.
- USS Duluth (LPD-6) is an amphibious transport dock commissioned in 1966 and decommissioned in 2005.