List of navigation authorities in the United Kingdom
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article's factual accuracy may be compromised due to out-of-date information. (July 2012)|
This List of navigation authorities in the United Kingdom is a list of links to any navigation authority in the United Kingdom, relating to any navigable waterway, aqueduct, canal, navigation, river or port.
- narrow canals, broad canals, or ship canals
- rivers which have been made navigable
- the Broads
- the navigable drains of The Fens.
The "Big Three"
- Canal and River Trust – A charity replacing British Waterways in managing the majority of the canals and many navigable rivers
- Environment Agency – environmental regulatory body, manages its waterways as part of its water management obligations.
- Broads Authority – manages its waterspace as part of the National Park Family. This is because no other national park has a navigation running through it and the "Sandford Principle" of conservation only would not be feasible.
- Local authorities
- National park authorities
- Associated British Ports - ABP Humber
- Avon Navigation Trust (Stratford-on-Avon to Tewkesbury)
- Basingstoke Canal Authority
- Bridgewater Canal - Manchester Ship Canal Company in conjunction with the Bridgewater Canal Trust 
- Bristol Harbour Authority
- The Canal & River Trust, formerly British Waterways - supported by grant-in-aid from Government
- Broads Authority - a national park authority
- Cambridgeshire Lodes
- Cardiff Harbour Authority
- Chesterfield Canal Partnership
- City of York Council
- Company of Proprietors of the Chelmer & Blackwater navigation
- Company of Proprietors of the Neath Canal Navigation
- Company of Proprietors of the Stroudwater Navigation
- Conservators of the River Cam 
- Dart Harbour and Navigation Authority - a Trust Port, Dartmouth 
- Devon County Council
- Driffield Navigation Trust 
- Droitwich Canals Trust
- Environment Agency - supported by grant-in-aid from Government
- Essex Waterways Ltd, a subsidiary of the Inland Waterways Association
- Exe Estuary Navigation Authority based at Exeter
- Exeter City Council
- Gloucester Harbour Trustees - a Trust Port
- Herefordshire & Gloucestershire Canal Trust
- Hull City Council
- Inland Waterways Association subsidiary Essex Waterways Ltd
- Ipswich & Stowmarket Navigation - River Gipping Trust
- River Ivel - Environment Agency and riparian landowners
- Lake District National Park Authority
- Lancaster Canal's Northern Reaches - various ownerships
- Lapal Canal - various ownerships
- Little Ouse Navigation - Environment Agency / riparian landowners
- Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park Authority
- Manchester Ship Canal Company  - the majority of shares are owned by Peel Ports, a subsidiary of The Peel Group.
- Medway Ports 
- Middle Level Commissioners 
- Neath Canal Navigation, Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council
- Port of Hull and the River Hull, Associated British Ports 
- Port of London Authority 
- River Dee, Wales - Environment Agency has harbour authority responsibilities downstream
- River Glen, Environment Agency
- River Great Ouse, Environment Agency
- River Hamble Harbour Office 
- River Idle, Environment Agency
- River Medway - Non-tidal: Environment Agency; Tidal: Medway Ports
- River Severn, Avon and Wiltshire: Bristol Haven Conservancy
- River Severn, Gloucestershire/Herefordshire: Gloucester Harbour Trustees 
- River Tyne - Tidal: Port of Tyne Authority; non-tidal: various
- Scottish waterways - managed by the Scottish Executive and British Waterways Scotland (BWS)
- Sedgemoor District Council - as Harbour Authority for the Port of Bridgwater and the River Parrett
- Sleaford Navigation 
- Ulster Canal - various, both in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland
- Waterways Ireland
- The Waterways Trust
- The Wey & Arun Canal Trust, Wey & Arun Junction Canal
- Wey and Godalming Navigations, National Trust 
- Wilts & Berks Canal Trust
- River Witham - Witham Fourth District Drainage Board 
- List of waterways
- Waterways in the United Kingdom
- Association of Inland Navigation Authorities (AINA), an unincorporated membership organisation for inland navigation authorities
- Inland Waterways Association
- Scottish Inland Waterways Association
- Inland Waterways Association of Ireland (includes Northern Ireland)
- List of waterway societies in the United Kingdom
- Rivers of the United Kingdom
- List of rivers of the United Kingdom
- Estuary, Firth, Floodplain, River delta, Source (river or stream), Tributary
- Canals of the United Kingdom
- List of canal aqueducts in Great Britain
- List of canal basins in Great Britain
- List of canal junctions in Great Britain
- List of canal locks in Great Britain
- List of canal tunnels in Great Britain
- "CRT website".
- "Environment Agency website".
- "Broads Authority website".
- "Associated British Ports - Humber, the Competent Harbour Authority for the River Humber.".
- "Avon Navigation Trust website".
- "Basingstoke Canal Authority website".
- "Bridgewater Canal".
- "Conservators of the River Cam website".
- "Dart Harbour and Navigation Authority website".
- "Driffield Navigation Trust website".
- "Manchester Ship Canal website".
- "Manchester Ship Canal - Peel Ports". merseydocks.co.uk.
- "Medway Ports website (Tidal section)".
- "Middle Level commissioners website".
- "Associated British Ports - Hull".
- "Port of London Authority website".
- "River Hamble website".
- "Severn Estuary navigation and pilotage website".
- "Port of Bridgwater". Sedgemoor District Council. Retrieved 4 January 2011.
- "Sleaford Navigation Trust website".
- "River Wey navigation". National Trust.
- "Witham Fourth District Internal Drainage Board".