List of newspapers in Austria
Until 1940 there were a total of 16 newspapers in Vienna, but six of them were shut down, making the number 9. The number of national daily newspapers in Austria was 35 in 1950. It decreased to 17 in 1965. The number of daily newspapers in Austria remained 17 between 1996 and 2000. In the mid 2000s daily newspapers were very popular in the country with the cumulative readership of 72.7%.
Below is a list of newspapers published in Austria.
- Niederösterreichische Nachrichten
- Oberösterreichische Nachrichten
- Die Presse, center-right
- Salzburger Nachrichten
- Der Standard left-wing
- Tiroler Tageszeitung
- Wiener Zeitung
Der Falter, left-wing
- "Presse, Druckschriften". Austria Forum. Retrieved 12 October 2013.
- Pippa Norris (Fall 2000). "Chapter 4 The Decline of Newspapers?". A Virtuous Circle: Political Communications in Post-Industrial Societies. New York: Cambridge University Press. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- "Austria". Press Reference. Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- Georgios Terzis (2007). European Media Governance: National and Regional Dimensions. Intellect Books. p. 64. ISBN 978-1-84150-192-5.
- Günter Bischof; Fritz Plasser (January 2008). The Changing Austrian Voter. Transaction Publishers. p. 133. ISBN 978-1-4128-1932-9.