List of non-marine molluscs of the Gambier Islands
There are ???[clarification needed] species of molluscs living in the wild in Pitcairn Islands. There are a total of ??? species of gastropods, which breaks down to ?? species of freshwater gastropods, and ??? species of land gastropods in ?? genera, plus ?? species of bivalves living in the wild.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (April 2011)|
- † Cyclomorpha secessa Bouchet & Abdou, 2003 - endemic
- † Omphalotropis margarita (Pfeiffer, 1851) - endemic
- † Aukena endodonta Bouchet & Abdou, 2001 - endemic
- † Aukena tridentata (Baker, 1940) - endemic
- Philonesia mangarevae Baker, 1940 - endemic, at the base of Mount Mokoto
|This section requires expansion. (April 2011)|
The status of non-marine bivalves in this area is currently unknown.
- Bouchet P. & Abdou A. (2001). "Recent Extinct Land Snails (Euconulidae) from the Gambier Islands with Remarkable Apertural Barriers". Pacific Science 55(2): 121-127. doi:10.1353/psc.2001.0011.
- Bouchet P. & Abdou A. (2003). "Endemic land snails from the Pacific islands and the museum record: documenting and dating the extinction of the terrestrial Assimineidae of the Gambier Islands". Journal of Molluscan Studies 69(3): 165-170. doi:10.1093/mollus/69.3.165.