List of object-relational mapping software
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of well-known object-relational mapping software. It is not up-to-date or all-inclusive.
|Name||Open source||License||Framework-specific||Qt support||boost support||MySQL support||PostgreSQL support||SQLite support||Oracle support||MSSQL Server support||ODBC support||IBM DB2 support|
|Wt::Dbo||Yes||GPL / commercial||no||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||No|
|QxOrm||Yes||GPL/other||yes, Qt and boost||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
- ActiveJDBC - Java implementation of Active record pattern, inspired by Ruby on Rails
- Athena Framework, open source Java ORM, native support for multitenancy SaaS and remoting to Adobe Flex
- Carbonado, open source framework, backed by Berkeley DB or JDBC
- Cayenne, Apache, open source for Java
- DataNucleus, open source JDO and JPA implementation. Formerly known as JPOX
- Ebean, open source ORM framework
- EclipseLink, Eclipse persistence platform
- EJB, Enterprise Java Beans
- Enterprise Objects Framework, Mac OS X/Java, part of Apple WebObjects
- Fast Java Object Relation Mapping (Fjorm)
- Hibernate, open source ORM framework, widely used
- Java Data Objects (JDO)
- Java Object Oriented Querying (jOOQ)
- Java Persistence API (JPA)
- Kodo, commercial implementation of both Java Data Objects and Java Persistence API
- MyBatis, free open source, formerly named iBATIS
- Object Relational Bridge (Apache OJB), an object-relational mapper for Java; as of 2011/01/16, Apache ObJectRelationalBridge was retired
- OpenJPA, Apache, open source, supports JPA API
- ORMLite, lightweight open source framework supporting JDBC and Android
- QuickDB ORM, open source ORM framework (GNU LGPL)
- TopLink by Oracle
- Torque, an object-relational mapper for Java
MonoTouch / iOS
- ADO.NET Entity Framework, included in .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and above
- Base One Foundation Component Library, free or commercial
- Business Logic Toolkit, open source
- Castle ActiveRecord, ActiveRecord for .NET, open source
- DatabaseObjects .NET, open source
- DataObjects.NET, commercial
- Dapper, open source
- ECO, commercial but free use for up to 12 classes
- EntitySpaces, commercial
- Genome, commercial
- iBATIS, free open source, maintained by ASF but now inactive.
- LightSpeed, free or commercial
- LINQ to SQL, included in .NET Framework 3.5
- LLBLGen Pro, commercial
- Neo, open source but now inactive.
- NHibernate, open source
- nHydrate, open source
- Persistor.NET, free or commercial
- Quick Objects, free or commercial
- Signum Framework, open source
- SubSonic, open source
Object Pascal (Delphi)
- Bold for Delphi Probably the most mature framework for Delphi, but not available due to Embarcadero Helped.
- ECO by Capable Objects, available for Delphi 2007 and Delphi Prism 2010
- Enterprise Objects, one of the first commercial OR mappers, available as part of WebObjects
- Core Data, object graph management framework with several persistent stores, ships with Mac OS X and iOS
- CakePHP, ORM and framework for PHP 5, open source (scalars, arrays, objects); based on database introspection, no class extending
- CodeIgniter, framework that includes an ActiveRecord implementation
- Doctrine, open source ORM for PHP 5.2.3, 5.3.X. Free software (MIT)
- Eloquent, an open source (MIT) ActiveRecord ORM from the Laravel framework. It is also available as an independent component.
- FuelPHP, ORM and framework for PHP 5.3, released under the MIT license. Based on the ActiveRecord pattern.
- ORM Designer, visualization tool and a code/schema generator for PHP ORM frameworks, commercial
- Propel, ORM and query-toolkit for PHP 5, inspired by Apache Torque, free software, MIT
- Qcodo, ORM and framework for PHP 5, open source
- Rocks, open source ORM for PHP 5.1 plus, free for non-commercial use, GPL
- Redbean, ORM layer for PHP 5, creates and maintains tables on the fly, open source, BSD
- Torpor, open source ORM for PHP 5.1 plus, free software, MIT, database and OS agnostic
- Yii, ORM and framework for PHP 5, released under the BSD license. Based on the ActiveRecord pattern.
- Zend Framework, framework that includes a table data gateway and row data gateway implementations.
- TORM, inspired on ActiveRecord.
- Django, ORM included in Django framework, open source
- peewee, a small, expressive orm, built-in support for SQLite, MySQL and PostgreSQL and special extensions like H-Store, open source
- SQLAlchemy, open source
- SQLObject, open source
- Storm, open source (LGPL 2.1) developed at Canonical Ltd.
- Tryton, open source
- web2py, the facilities of an ORM are handled by the DAL in web2py, open source
- TOPLink/Smalltalk, by Oracle, the Smalltalk predecessor of the Java version of TOPLink
Visual Basic 6.0
- DatabaseObjects, open source