List of onshore wind farms
This is a list of the largest onshore wind farms that are currently operational, rated by generating capacity. Also listed are onshore wind farms with notability other than size, and the ten largest proposed projects.
Largest operational onshore wind farms 
This is a list of the top onshore wind farms that are currently operational, rated by nameplate capacity. Many of these wind farms have been built in stages, and construction of a further stage may be continuing at some of these sites.
Other strongly notable onshore wind farms 
|Altamont Pass Wind Farm||576||USA||multiple farms|
|Gansu Wind Farm||5,160||China||multiple farms|
|Lower Snake River Wind Project||343||USA||under construction|
|Macarthur Wind Farm||420||Australia||under construction|
|Milford Wind Corridor Project||203||USA||102 MW second phase under construction|
|San Gorgonio Pass Wind Farm||615||USA||multiple farms|
|Shepherds Flat Wind Farm||845||USA||under construction|
|Tehachapi Pass Wind Farm||705||USA||multiple farms|
Large proposed wind farms 
The following table lists some of the largest proposed onshore wind farms, by nameplate capacity.
|Wind farm||Capacity (MW)||Country||Coordinates||References|
|Aubanel Wind Project||1000||Mexico|||
|Castle Hill Wind Farm||860||New Zealand|||
|Dobrogea Wind Farm||1500||Romania|||
|Hartland Wind Farm||500-1000||USA|||
|Markbygden Wind Farm||4000 at most||Sweden|||
|Silverton Wind Farm||1000 at most||Australia|||
|Titan Wind Project||5050||USA|||
Maps of all the coordinates in this article 
Note that the Google map allows the display of the coordinates listed in the individual sections of the article to be turned on and off (use the expand(+) / contract(-) icons and the checkboxes to control which sections, or individual coordinate flags, are displayed).
See also 
- List of energy storage projects
- Lists of wind farms by country
- Lists of offshore wind farms by country
- Wind power in the United States
- Wind ENergy Data & Information (WENDI) Gateway
- Wind turbines on public display
- GWEC, Global Wind Report Annual Market Update
- California U.S. Wind Energy Projects - California, Alta Wind Energy Center, 2009
-  Industry Statistics, 2Q 2011
- 4685 : Inner Mongolia Bayannur Wulanyiligeng 300MW Wind Power Project
- AWEA: U.S. Wind Energy Projects - Oregon
- Drilling Down: What Projects Made 2008 Such a Banner Year for Wind Power?
- AWEA: U.S. Wind Energy Projects - Texas
- Babcock & Brown and BP Announce Full Commercial Operation of one of the Largest Wind Farms in the U.S.
- Project 2113 : CGN Inner Mongolia Huitengliang 300MW Wind Power Project
- AWEA: U.S. Wind Energy Projects - Iowa
- China - Dabancheng Wind Farm now has a combined generating capacity of 500 MW
- Acciona Completes Assembly of LatAm’s Largest Wind Farm Latin American Herald Tribune.
- CEZ: Fantanele-Cogealac Wind Park
- AWEA: U.S. Wind Energy Projects - Indiana
- Chinese-Danish Wind Energy Development Programme: Study on Standard of Wind Power Grid Integration and Upgrading the National Grid Code
- Project 4462 : Gansu Guazhou 300 MW Wind Power Project
- Parliament of Australia (February 19, 2010). Operating wind farms by Commonwealth Electoral Division Background note.
- CPUC: ENERGY DIVISION RESOLUTION E-4278
- CPUC: RPS_Project_Status_Table_2012_Jan_Update
- Started in August 2001, the Jaisalmer based facility crossed 1,000 Mw capacity to achieve this milestone
- Suzlon creates India’s largest wind park; crosses 1 GW capacity in Jaisalmer
- Project 2918 : Huaneng Liaoning Fuxin Phase II Wind Farm Project
- Project 3005 : North Longyuan Huitengliang Wind Power Project
- York AWEA: U.S. Wind Energy Projects - New York
- Energy Information Administration - October 2010 Electric Power Monthly
- Dominion & Shell Complete 264-MW Mount Storm Wind Project
- 196 Wind Turbines Cranking Out Power
- Iberdrola Opens 404-MW Penascal Wind Farm Renewable Energy World, 22 June 2010.
- E.ON Delivers 335-MW of Wind in Texas
- , Shepherd Flat, one of the world's biggest wind farms, up and running in Oregon, 2012
- Shiloh Wind Power Plant Fact Sheet
- EnXco turns on $300M wind farm
- "Enel Completes Smoky Hills Wind Project in Kansas". RedOrbit. 2008-02-27. Retrieved 2009-01-01.
- "Stateline Wind Energy Center". Renewable Northwest Project. Archived from the original on 2006-04-27. Retrieved 2006-05-15.
- Ken Black. Wind energy part of economic strategy Times-Republican, January 23, 2010.
- VP 100: Illinois wind farm breathes new life into businesses Energy Empowers, September 23, 2010.
- Huandian Power Corporation 2010 Interim results announcement
- Project 3091 : Huadian Tongliao Beiqinghe 300 MW Wind Farm Project
- Horizon Wind Energy
- Whitelee Winfarm - About the Windfarm
- Project 4150 : Inner Mongolia Wulanchabu Hongji Wind Farm Project
- Hunton & Williams LLP Advises Cannon Power Group in Connection With Wind Project
- Project 3346 : Jilin Xiangyang 1st phase Wind Power Project
- Xinhua: Jiuquan wind power base completes first stage
- "Lower Snake River Wind Project". Renewable Energy Development. October 26, 2010.
- Alexandra Weaver (17 Nov, 2011). "Giant turbine blades arrive for Macarthur farm". The Standard.
- First Wind's Milford II Expansion Project Celebrates Milestones Renewable Energy World, November 18, 2010.
- DOE LPO finalizes deal on the World’s largest Wind Project to date United States Department of Energy, 17 December 2010. Accessed: 18 December 2010.
- "Shepherd’s Flat Wind Farm". Wind Power. Renewable Energy Development. August 5, 2008. Retrieved 11 December 2009.
- "Cannon Power Group and Gamesa Partner on Baja California Wind Farm". Green Energy News. 2010-05-20. Retrieved 2012-04-14.
- "Genesis planning massive windfarm". The New Zealand Herald. 30 August 2011. Retrieved 1 September 2011.
- "Iberdrola Plans World’s Largest Wind Farm in Romania".
- Denali Energy and Montgomery Energy Form Joint Venture Hartland Wind Farm in North Dakota
- "Svevind and Enercon Team up for 4GW Wind Plan". Clean Edge (from New Energy Finance). June 26, 2008. Retrieved 2009-04-16.
- Huge wind farm plan announced
- BP Ramps Up to Full Construction of First Phase of Wind Farm in South Dakota 05 August 2009.