List of original characters in The Hobbit film series
Bill Ferny Senior
Bill Ferny, a henchman of Saruman who confronted Frodo in Bree, was absent from Jackson's Lord of the Rings Trilogy. However, his father appears in The Desolation of Smaug as an assassin hired by Azog to neutralise Thorin at the Prancing Pony. He eyes Thorin from across the room, but when Gandalf introduces himself to Thorin, Bill thinks better of it and leaves the inn without incident. In this adaptation, Ferny Sr. is portrayed by Dallas Barnett.
Braga (played by Michael Mitchinson) is captain of the Lake-town Guard.
Tilda and Sigrid
Narzug (played by Ben Mitchell) is one of Azog's Hunter Orcs. "Narzug" is taken captive by Legolas & Tauriel in The Desolation of Smaug and brought to the Elvenking's halls, where, after interrogation, he is decapitated by Thranduil.
Yazneg (played by John Rawls) is a fierce Orc lieutenant and second-in-command of Azog's hunter party in An Unexpected Journey. It is he who finds Thorin's Company while they camp at night in the Lone Lands, and he leads the attack of the Hunter Orcs against the party as they flee the Trollshaws. Because of his failure to capture the Dwarves, he is killed by his own master at the top of Weathertop.
Fimbul is an Orc and Warg rider, described in promotional materials as a "Hunter", whom is among Yazneg's orcs who pursue Thorin's company in the Ettenmoors in An Unexpected Journey. He accompanies Yazneg to Weathertop where he joins Azog's company. He is also seen among Azog's warg-rider company at the end of the film. In The Desolation of Smaug Fimbul accompanies Bolg in continuing the pursuit of the dwarves, smelling the ground along the river where the dwarves encountered Bard the Bowman. He is also with the Orc party that invade LakeTown later in the film. Fimbul relays back to Bolg that Thorin himself has left and gone to the Lonely Mountain with most of the company from his position inside a small wooden boat, when another orc jumps down into the boat's opposite end from the balcony above; this launches Fimbul into the air, where his head is removed by the longknives of Legolas.
- Jackson, Peter (19 May 2011). "Hobbit Casting News". Facebook. Retrieved 2011-05-19.
- "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (2013)". The New York Times. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- "Karen Kay Management.". Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- Sibley, Brian (2013). The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Official Movie Guide. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. pp. 132–134. ISBN 978-0-547-89870-4.
- "Bard I". The Encyclopedia of Arda. Mark Fisher. 7 January 2009. Retrieved 23 November 2013.
- Young, John (25 January 2012). "Evangeline Lilly talks 'Real Steel' (now on Blu-ray) and playing a warrior elf in 'The Hobbit'". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 2012-12-07.
- "Cast & Crew". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2012-12-12.
|This Middle-earth–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|