List of patent attorneys and agents
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Charles Denton Abel (1831–1906), first vice-president of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys
- Marcellus Bailey (1840–1921), 1870s US law partner of Anthony Pollok who prepared telephone patents for Alexander Graham Bell
- Alfred Ely Beach, (1826–1896), inventor of the New York City Subway
- Sharon Bowles, (born 1953), British MEP
- Chester Carlson (1906–1968)
- Yardley Chittick (born 1900)
- Dennis Crouch (born 1975), professor at the University of Missouri School of Law and author of the widely read patent law blog Patently-O
- George Ticknor Curtis (1812–1894)
- George Alfred DePenning, inventor to whom the first Indian patent was granted in 1856, and who later became the first patent agent in India.
- Peter Detkin
- Richard Frenkel, once anonymous author of the Patent Troll Tracker blog
- G. Donald Harrison, (1889–1956), builder of music organs
- Paul Haughey, (born 1954)
- Ralph Horween, (1896–1997), Harvard Crimson and NFL football player
- Gerald D. Hosier, patent litigator, named highest-paid attorney by Forbes magazine in 2000
- Naoto Kan, Prime Minister of Japan (since 8 June 2010)
- Irving Kayton, former law professor, author of Kayton on Patents
- Florence King, (1870-1924), the first female patent attorney in America
- Stephan Kinsella, (born 1965), Libertarian legal theorist.
- Alan MacPherson, (1934–2008), the "dean of patent law" in Silicon Valley
- Howard T. Markey, (1921–2006), Chief Judge Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, Chicago patent lawyer, major general Air Force Reserve, test pilot in World War II
- William Newton, (1786–1861), one of the earliest recorded patent agents practising in London
- Anthony Pollok (1829–1898), 1870s US law partner of Marcellus Bailey who prepared telephone patents for Alexander Graham Bell
- Daniel Ravicher, Senior Counsel to the Free Software Foundation
- Greg "Fossilman" Raymer, (born in 1964), winner of the main event at the 2004 World Series of Poker
- Malcolm Royal, (1941–2006), Australian patent attorney and educator
- Giles Sutherland Rich (1904–1999)
- Harry Aubrey Toulmin, Sr., (1858–1942)
- Günter Wächtershäuser, origin of life theorist.
- Thomas Blanco White, British patent lawyer, and an inductee to the IP (Intellectual property) Hall of Fame in 2010.
- John G. Wilson, founder of Wilson Gunn Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys[verification needed]
Fictional characters who are patent attorneys
- Jim Eisenberg, played by Adam Arkin in the TV miniseries "A Year in the Life"
- Oliver Farnsworth (from the novel The Man Who Fell to Earth; also played by Buck Henry in its film adaptation, of the same name).
- Harriet Korn, played by Kathy Bates, of Harry's Law is a recently fired patent lawyer.
- Wally Mason (in the book Notes of a Patent Attorney: The Wally Mason Stories by Brian C. Coad)
- Eustis Miller is patent attorney in the TV series King of the Hill and father of Bobby's classmate Randy.
- Joe Nile, the patent attorney protagonist in the novel "Undue Diligence" by Paul Haughey.
- George Stobbart (from the Broken Sword adventure games)
- Harry Wykoff (in the six-hour mini-series Wild Palms)
- In one[which?] of the episodes of the TV series Ally McBeal, she considers dating a patent attorney who is regarded as "harmless".
- Calvin's father (in comics series Calvin and Hobbes – the father of Bill Watterson, the creator of this cartoon series, is a patent attorney)