List of people by number of countries visited
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of people by number of countries visited. The term country sometimes includes unrecognized states, islands groups and other special territories.
|Kashi Samaddar||1995 - 2009||195-196||Visited all 194 sovereign states plus Taiwan between 1995 and 2008. Later completed visiting all countries, states, territorries & Atolls on 9 July 2011 at South Sudan and also certified as most travelled person of the World.|
|Graham Hughes||January 2009 - December 2012||193-195||193 UN member states and non-member state of Vatican City, as well as the partially recognized non-member states of Palestine, Western Sahara, Kosovo, and Taiwan. He counted United Kingdom as four countries. Guinness certified him for all 193 UN member countries.|
|Chris Guillebeau||2002 - Abril 2013||193||American entrepreneur, non-fiction author and blogger that decided to travel to every country in the world by age 35. He wrote extensively about the experiences of his travellings on his personal blog.|
|28 August 2002 - 12 February 2003||191||Two New Zealanders who attempted to visit all the world's sovereign countries in existence at the time in six months, raising money for charity. They visited all but two countries: Afghanistan and São Tomé and Príncipe.|
|Pope John Paul II||1978 - 2005||129||He was one of the most travelled world leaders in history, visiting 129 countries during his pontificate.|
|Recep Tayyip Erdoğan||2003–present||93||Turkish Prime Minister has visited 93 countries during has time in the office.|
|Jose Miguel Redondo (Sele)||2000 - June 2014||83||83 countries. Sele is one of the most important spanish travel bloggers (www.elrincondesele.com). He travelled on his own to 83 countries from 2000 to 2014, including North Korea.|
|Harry Lee McGinnis||1992 - March 2008||66||66 countries.|
|Dumitru Dan||1910 - 1923||76||He crossed five continents over three oceans, through 76 countries and over 1,500 cities, wearing out 497 pairs of shoes.|
|Dr Tim Killeen||1993–present||63||British adventurer has visited 63 countries to date including overland trips across North America and Eurasia and circumnavigating the globe westwards without flying 2010-2012.|
|Matt Harding||2005–Present||80+||He has filmed several videos with his travels. See details in Where the Hell is Matt?|
|Michael Palin||1980–Present||77+||As part of numerous travel documentaries.|
- Blake, Matt (27 November 2012). "British man becomes first person to visit all 201 countries... WITHOUT using a plane. Guinness refused to certify this claim.". London: Dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-11-27.
- Guinness World Records - Most Sovereign Countries Visited in Six Months retrieved 9 February 2014
- "Around the world in 169 days" retrieved 9 February 2014
- "Spanish blogger travelled to 83 from 2000 to 2014 as independent traveller". elrincondesele.com. June 2014. Retrieved 2014-05-24.
- "American walker goes round the world at 80 years". Reuters. 17 April 2008. Retrieved 2013-10-15.
- Where the Hell is Matt? 2012 on YouTube