List of people diagnosed with cystic fibrosis
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The following notable people have or had cystic fibrosis.
|Abernathy, FrankieFrankie Abernathy||(1981–2007)||Former cast member of MTVs The Real World: San Diego; appeared in 22 of the 25 episodes.|||
|Balas, BillBill Balas||(19??—)||American screenwriter and director best known for his work on the A&E series Bates Motel|||
|Barnett, DeanDean Barnett||(1967—2008)||American conservative columnist and blogger.|||
|Bentley, LisaLisa Bentley||(1968—)||Canadian Ironman triathlete.|||
|Charles, NathanNathan Charles||(1989—)||Professional rugby union player with the Western Force. As of 2014[update], believed to be the only CF patient to play any contact sport professionally.|||
|Chopin, FrédéricFrédéric Chopin ? (unconfirmed)||(1810–1849)||Polish composer. During his lifetime and at his death, he was thought to suffer from tuberculosis. However recently scientists have suggested that his symptoms were more consistent with cystic fibrosis, unknown at the time. The Polish government has refused to allow DNA tests to be performed on his heart, which is preserved in alcohol (see Frédéric Chopin's illness).|||
|Davies, ChristopherChristopher Davies||(1978—)||Former Southern Redbacks cricketer and current Woodville-West Torrens Football Club Chief Executive Officer.|||
|Deford, AlexandraAlexandra Deford||(1971–1980)||Daughter of American sportswriter Frank Deford, subject of Deford's book Alex: The Life Of A Child.|||
|Esiason, GunnarGunnar Esiason||(1991—)||Son of former football player Boomer Esiason.|||
|Flanagan, BobBob Flanagan||(1952–1996)||American writer, poet, performance artist, and comic.|||
|Flores, TravisTravis Flores||(1991—)||American activist, philanthropist, motivational speaker, actor and award-winning children's book author.|||
|Gottlieb, NolanNolan Gottlieb||(1982—)||Former Anderson University (South Carolina) NCAA basketball player and current Anderson assistant coach.|||
|Kallenbach, Kenneth KeithKenneth Keith Kallenbach||(1970–2008)||Frequent guest on the Howard Stern Show.|||
|Lemarchal, GrégoryGrégory Lemarchal||(1983—2007)||French singer and winner of the show Star Academy, Season 4.|||
|Markvoort, EvaEva Markvoort||(1984–2010)||Canadian blogger and subject of 65 Redroses.|||
|Martineau, AliceAlice Martineau||(1972–2003)||British singer-songwriter and model.|||
|Murnaghan, SarahSarah Murnaghan||(2003-)||10 year old girl who was initially denied access to adult lungs when no pediatric lungs were available. Federal Judge Michael Baylson issued a temporary restraining order keeping Kathleen Sebelius from enforcing the 'patient-must-be-12-or-older' rule.|||
|Nelson, ChristineChristine Nelson||(1960–1982)||Actress; Daughter of Muppet puppeter Jerry Nelson who appeared alongside her father in a cameo appearance in The Great Muppet Caper.|||
|Rothenberg, LauraLaura Rothenberg||(1981–2003)||Brown University student, and author of Breathing for a Living: A Memoir, and My So Called Lungs a radio documentary, which aired on NPR August 5, 2002.|||
|Simmons, AndrewAndrew Simmons||(1984—)||British professional wrestler.|||
|Stobbs, AlexAlex Stobbs||(1990—)||British music student, subject of the documentary A Boy Called Alex|||
|Williams, BillBill Williams||(1960–1998)||software developer.|||
- "'Real World: San Diego' Alum Frankie Abernathy Dead At 25". MTV. June 12, 2007. Retrieved 2007-06-12.
- "Sloan Science and Film". Museum of the Moving Image.
- "Dean Barnett, conservative blogger, dead at 41". Boston Globe. October 27, 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-27.
- "Lisa Bentley Triumphs Over CF". Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. July 7, 2004. Retrieved 2007-01-26.
- Robinson, Georgina (10 June 2014). "Cystic fibrosis no barrier for Nathan Charles as he prepares for Test debut". Rugby Heaven (The Sydney Morning Herald). Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- http://www.news24.com/News24/Technology/News/0,,2-13-1443_2364582,00.html Home is where the heart'll stay
- "CricInfo: Chris Davies". CricInfo.com. August 2001. Retrieved 2007-01-26.
- "Alex: The Life of a Child". Amazon. Retrieved 2007-01-26.
- "Boomer Esiason: His fight against his son's illness.". USA Weekend Magazine. October 11, 1998. Retrieved 2007-01-26.[dead link]
- Holden, Stephen (1997-04-03). "An artist whose medium was pain". New York Times. Retrieved 2007-02-23.
- Travis Flores
- Webster, Philip; Coates, Sam (November 29, 2006). "Gordon Brown's baby son diagnosed with cystic fibrosis". London: Times Online. Retrieved 2007-01-26.
- "AC Player Battles Disease To Play Basketball". Anderson University. January 28, 2005. Retrieved 2007-07-18.
- Rubinkam, Michael (April 25, 2008). "Howard Stern regular Kenneth Kallenbach dead at 39". Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. Retrieved 2008-04-25.
- "Just-Gregory.net: Fanzone: Biographie". Just-Gregory.com. Retrieved 2007-01-26.
- Park, Madison (April 27, 2010). "Death at 25: Blogging the end of a life". CNN Health (Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.). Retrieved 27 April 2010.
- Barrow, Becky (2003-07-03). "Pop singer dies after valiant battle with cystic fibrosis". Telegraph (London). Retrieved 2007-02-23.
- New York Post http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/girl_dying_of_cystic_fibrosis_to_1VJywj4MwXvtv79GberWhJ
|url=missing title (help).
- Rothenberg, Laura (2003-06-09). Breathing for a living. Hyperion. ISBN 1-4013-0059-6.
- "Online World of Wrestling: Wrestler Profile: Andrew Simmons". onlineworldofwrestling.com. Retrieved 2007-02-01.
- Wallace, Catherine M. (Summer 1999). "Naked Before God: The Return of a Broken Disciple". Anglican Theological Review. Retrieved 2007-02-23.