List of people from Bromley
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012)|
Among those who were born in the London Borough of Bromley, or have dwelt within the borders of the modern borough are (alphabetical order):
- David Bowie (1947—), musician moved to Bromley with his family in 1953.
- Malcolm Campbell (1885—1948), Grand Prix racing driver born in Chislehurst.
- Charles Darwin (1809—1882), naturalist most famous for the theory of evolution lived in Downe, Bromley.
- Langley Kirkwood (1973-), actor and athlete.
- H. G. Wells (1866—1946), author born in Atlas House, 47 High Street, Bromley. One of his more notable novels would be The War of the Worlds.
- HG Wells. www.online-literature.com.