List of people from The Hague
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of people from The Hague.
See also: List of mayors of The Hague
- Mark Rutte – current prime minister
- Willem Drees – former prime minister
- Wim Deetman – former Speaker of the Dutch parliament.
- Jozias van Aartsen – former foreign minister. Currently Mayor of The Hague
- Jan Pronk – United Nations' special representative for Sudan
- Machiel de Graaf – politician
Royalty (actual heads of state only)
- William III, (Stadtholder, King William III of England)
- William V (Stadtholder)
- King William I
- King William II
- King Willim III
- Queen Wilhelmina
- Queen Juliana
- Queen Beatrix
- Flore Zoé – photographer
- Carel Struycken – actor (Addams Family and Star Trek
- Adrian Vandenberg – guitarist
- Jurriaan Andriessen – composer
- Hendrik Berlage – architect
- Theo Bitter – artist
- Ferdinand Bordewijk – writer
- Erik Braun – artist, designer
- Lodewijk Bruckman – painter
- Dirk Bus – sculptor
- Remco Campert – writer
- Simon Carmiggelt – writer
- Bart Chabot – writer
- Louis Couperus – writer
- Charles Czarny – ballet dancer, choreographer Nederlands Dans Theatre
- Mabel Alter – ballet dancer, Nederlands Dans Theatre
- Wieteke van Dort – actress, singer
- Marcel van Eeden – artist
- Constantijn Huygens – Poet
- Golden Earring – music group
- Mark Norman – deejay duo
- Gruppo Sportivo – music group
- Harrie Jekkers – singer and comedian
- Imran Khan (singer) – Punjabi singer
- Kane – music group
- Van Kooten en de Bie – humorists
- Shocking Blue – music group, famous for the song "Venus".
- Anouk Teeuwe – singer
- Marc van Roon – jazz musician
- Max Velthuijs – illustrator
- Georgina Verbaan – actress
- Vincent van Ommen – actor
- Paul Verhoeven – movie director
- Johannes Vermeer – painter, politician
- Sander Kleinenberg – Dance Music DJ/Producer
- Marinus Snoeren – Classical musician (Cello)
- Legowelt – Electronic musician
- Daan van Bunge Cricketer who represented Netherlands in two Cricket World Cup events in 2003 and 2007.
- Dick Advocaat – football (soccer) player and former coach of the Dutch national football (soccer) team
- Raymond van Barneveld – darts player, four times Embassy/Lakeside champion and 2007 PDC World Champion
- Peter Blangé – volleyball player who won the gold medal at the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta
- Michael Boogerd – cyclist, winner of two stages of the Tour de France.
- Dan Gadzuric – NBA player
- Thom Harinck – legendary kickboxing trainer
- Martin Jol – football (soccer) player; former coach of Tottenham Hotspur F.C. and AFC Ajax, current coach of Fulham FC.
- Ties Kruize – field hockey player
- Tim Krul – football (soccer) player; current goalkeeper Newcastle United F.C.
- Alex Lely ("The Plague from The Hague") – pool player, who became World Pool Masters Champion
- Aad Mansveld – football (soccer) player
- Erica Terpstra – 1964 Olympic Swimming Champion, former Sports minister and current President of the Dutch Olympic Committee
- Bart Veldkamp – 1992 Olympic Speed Skating Champion (10 km)
- Joop Zoetemelk – cyclist, winner of the Tour de France 1980.
- Robin Haase – professional tennis player
- Baruch Spinoza – 17th century philosopher, moved to The Hague in 1670, where he finished his Ethics. Spinoza died 7 years later, at age 44.
- Christiaan Huygens – 17th century astronomer, physicist, mathematician. Member of the Royal Society, inventor of the pendulum clock and the pocket watch.
- Hendrik Jut – murderer
- Jan Tinbergen – economist, won the Nobel Prize for economics in 1969
- Lucia de Berk – jailed nurse, alleged serial killer; was set free beginning of 2010 because there was not enough evidence to prove she had anything to do with the deaths of the people they claimed she killed.
- Charles van der Leeuw – journalist