List of places named after C. Rajagopalachari
|Born||10 December 1878
Salem district, Madras Presidency, British India
|Died||25 December 1972 (aged 94)
Madras, Tamil Nadu, India
Articles related to
Chakravarthi Rajagopalachari (10 December 1878 – 25 December 1972), informally called Rajaji or C.R., was an Indian lawyer, Indian independence activist, politician, writer, statesman and leader of the Indian National Congress who served as the last Governor-General of India. He served as the Chief Minister or Premier of the Madras Presidency, Governor of West Bengal, Minister for Home Affairs of the Indian Union and Chief Minister of Madras state. He was the founder of the Swatantra Party and the first recipient of India's highest civilian award, the Bharat Ratna. Rajaji vehemently opposed the usage of nuclear weapons and was a proponent of world peace and disarmament. He was also nicknamed the Mango of Salem.
- Rajaji Hall, previously known as Banqueting Hall.
- Rajaji Memorial: Memorial built in honour of C. Rajagopalachari
- Rajaji Salai – Earlier North Beach Road. Both Fort St. George and the Chennai Port lie on Rajaji Salai
- Bhavan's Rajaji Vidyashram : school in Kilpauk,Chennai.
- Rajaji Children's park in Goripalayam
- Rajaji Government Hospital
- Rajaji Nagar
- Rajaji Road
- Rajaji Marg