List of places named after St. Thérèse of Lisieux
The following is a list of places named after St. Thérèse of Lisieux.
- The Roman Catholic cathedral of the Diocese of Hamilton in Bermuda, St. Theresa's, is named for her.
- The municipality of Sainte-Thérèse-de-la-Gatineau, Quebec, is named in her honour. There is a neighborhood in Québec City, Québec named after her. There is a community in northeastern Manitoba, named St. Theresa Point, Manitoba. Nearby, there is also a North American Native band named St. Theresa Point First Nation. They are situated on the southwest shore of Island Lake.
- There is a Thérèse-Martin School in Joliette, Quebec. In Ontario, there is a St. Theresa of Lisieux Catholic High School in Richmond Hill, a St. Theresa's High School in Midland and a St. Theresa's School in Sault Ste. Marie. There is a Little Flower Academy in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- The Society of the Little Flower and Shrine to St Thérèse is in Niagara Falls, Ont.
- A school in Toronto, Ontario, St. Theresa Shrine is named after her.
- Little Flower Latin Catholic Church, Pottakuzhy,Ernakulam, Ernakulam Dt, India. Asia's first church built on honour of St.Therese of Lisieux
- Mar Augustine Memorial Lisie Hospital, Ernakulam.
- St. Theresa's Convent Sr. Sec. School, Karnal (HR), India.
- St. Theresa of Lisieux Catholic Church, Vellayambalam, Trivandrum, India.
- St. Therese of Infant Jesus Catholic Church, Kandanvilai, Kanyakumari Dt, India. It is blessed on April 7, 1924.
- Little Flower Girls High School Vadakara, Koothattukulam, Kerala, India.
- Little Flower Church, Madappally, Changanasserry, Kottayam Dt, Kerala, India.
- Lisieux Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India.
- St. Theresa Church, Crawford, Trichy, Tamil Nadu, India. Built during 1934.
- Little Flower Girls Hr Sec School, Crawford. Managed by Sisters of St Annes, Trichy; Trichy, Tamil Nadu, India.
- St. Theresa's Boys High School, Bandra, Mumbai, India.http://theresianboyz.org
- Shrine of St. Therese, Doctor of the Church, in Villamor Air Base (Nichols), Pasay City, Philippines. Completed in 1983 as a chapel and reconstructed in 2005 and completed in 2007 during which it was declared as a diocesan shrine of the Military Ordinariate of the Philippines.
- The Saint Therese of the Child Jesus Parish Church inside the University of the Philippines Los Baños campus under the Roman Catholic Diocese of San Pablo.
- The municipality of Santa Teresita, Batangas was named in her honor.
- St. Theresita's Academy, a Catholic secondary school in Silay City, Negros Occidental, is named after the saint.
- Parish of St. Thérèse of Lisieux, Roman Catholic Diocese of Middlesbrough, Ingleby Barwick, Stockton-on-Tees, England.
- St. Thérèse of Lisieux R.C. Primary School, Ingleby Barwick, Stockton-on-Tees, England.
- St. Thérèse R.C. Primary School, Heaton, England.
- Parish of the Sacred Heart and St. Teresa in Coleshill, Birmingham.
- St Theresa of Lisieux R.C. Church, Northiam, East Sussex
- St Theresa of the Child Jesus R.C. Church, Princes Risborough, Buckinghamshire
- St Theresa of Lisieux R.C. Church, Southwick, West Sussex
- On August 23, 1923, the Shrine of the Little Flower and St. Theresa of the Child Jesus Parish in Nasonville, Rhode Island was founded as the first shrine and parish named in honor of St. Therese in the world just four months after she was beatified.
- On December 25, 1924, the Irish Province of the Discalced Carmelite Friars officially founded St. Therese Church in Alhambra, California, and dedicated it to Blessed Therese of the Child Jesus St. Therese Church, Alhambra, California
- On March 13, 1925, St. Therese of the Infant Jesus in Indianapolis, IN was established. The parish has both a church and a school, commonly referred to as Little Flower.
- In May 1925, St. Therese of the Child Jesus in Philadelphia, PA was established and named in honor of St. Therese.
- In June 1925, St. Thérèse of Lisieux Catholic Church in Cresskill, NJ was established.
- In 1925, the Carmelite Sisters of the Most Sacred Heart of Los Angeles founded St. Theresa School in Coral Gables, Florida.
- In 1925, the National Shrine of the Little Flower in Royal Oak, Michigan, was built in honor of Thérèse of Lisieux.
- In 1926, The Church of Saint Teresa of the Infant Jesus was established in the Castleton Corners area of Staten Island, NY.
- In 1926, St. Therese Little Flower Parish in Cincinnati, Ohio had a humble beginning in a blacksmith shop converted into a chapel at the corner of North Bend Road and Colerain Avenue. Soon after, plans were drawn for the original church and school. Archbishop John T. McNicholas granted permission to start construction in July 1928. The church and school were completed in March 1929.
- In 1927, St. Thérèse de Lisieux Church and Parish was founded by Italian immigrants. It is the largest Catholic church in Uniontown, PA.
- In 1929, the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Little Flower, located in San Antonio, Texas, was established.
- In 1930, Little Flower Elementary School was opened in Memphis, Tennessee by the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth. The school currently operates as one of the diocesan Jubilee Schools.
- In 1931, the parish of Saint Theresa of the Child Jesus was established in Honolulu, Hawaii. It was later elevated to a co-cathedral.
- In 1934, Father Jimmy Byrnes opened Little Flower Catholic School in Mobile, Alabama.
- In 1939, Cardinal Dougherty built a high school in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in honor of St. Thérèse: Little Flower Catholic High School for Girls.
- In 1948, a Little Flower parish was established in Bethesda, MD with the Reverend Edward J. O'Brien as its first pastor.
- In 1952, St. Theresa of the Child Jesus was built in Leeds, Alabama, with the first Mass offered on July 27 by Fr. James Gallagher; the church was later dedicated by Bishop Toolen on February 15, 1953.
- In 1971, the parish of Saint Theresa of the Child Jesus was established in Carlyss, Louisiana.
In San Diego, CA, St. Thérèse of the Child Jesus is an established church and elementary school.
- "Sainte-Thérèse-de-la-Gatineau (Municipalité)" (in French). Commission de toponymie du Québec. Retrieved 2008-09-16.
- St. Theresa Point First Nation
- École Thérèse-Martin de Joliette
- "Holy Family Parish, Belfast: chapels".
- Shrine of the Little Flower, Nasonville, RI
St Therese of Lisieux Parish Mooresville, NC 28117
Igreja de Santa Teresinha, Porto Alegre, Brazil