List of political parties in Cuba
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
This article lists political parties in Cuba. No party is permitted to campaign or endorse candidates for election, including the Communist Party. Candidates are elected on an individual referendum basis without formal party involvement, though elected assemblies predominantly consist of members of the dominant party alongside non-affiliated candidates.
- Cuban Liberal Movement (Partido Liberal Nacional de Cuba)
- Cuban Liberal Union (Unión Liberal Cubana, member LI)
- Christian Democratic Party of Cuba (Partido Demócrata Cristiano de Cuba)
- Cuban Democratic Socialist Current (Corriente Socialista Democratica Cubana)
- Democratic Social-Revolutionary Party of Cuba (Partido Social-Revolucionario Democrático de Cuba)
- Democratic Solidarity Party (Partido Solidaridad Democrática, member LI)
- Social Democratic Co-ordination of Cuba (Coordinadora Social Demócrata de Cuba)
- Orthodox Renovation Party (Partido de la Renovación Ortodoxa)
As a result, political rallies by opposition parties occur sporadically on the island.
Cuban law also stipulates that it is punishable to receive funds from a foreign government for purposes of a political organization.