List of political parties in Namibia
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
Namibia is a one party dominant state with the South-West Africa People's Organisation in power. Opposition parties are allowed, but are widely considered to have no real chance of gaining power. In Namibian politics, ethnicity plays a significant role in party affiliation and voting behaviour. Some parties are dominated by single ethnic groups; for example, the Seoposengwe and Ipelegeng parties were dominated by Tswana.
- SWAPO Party (54)
- Rally for Democracy and Progress (8)
- Democratic Turnhalle Alliance (2)
- National Unity Democratic Organisation (2)
- United Democratic Front (2)
- All People's Party (1)
- Congress of Democrats (1)
- Republican Party (1)
- South West African National Union (1)
Unrepresented parties in parliament
- Christian Democratic Voice (CDV)
- Communist Party of Namibia
- Democratic Party of Namibia
- Monitor Action Group
- Namibian Democratic Movement for Change
- National Democratic Party
- Namibian Economic Freedom Fighters (NEEF)
- United People's Movement
- Defunct parties
- Namibia African People's Democratic Organisation
- Riemvasmaak United Party
- United Nama Independence People's Party
- United Namib Independence Party
- United Namibia People's Party
- Banned parties
For more parties, see Political parties in Namibia and National Assembly of Namibia#Previous National Assembly election results.
- 27 - 28 Nov 2009 Presidential Elections.pdf Electoral Commission of Namibia
- "Christian Democratic Voice to take part in elections". The Namibian. August 28, 2014. Retrieved 21 September 2014.
- "Malema's EFF fever hits Namibia". The Namibian. June 25, 2014. Retrieved 21 September 2014.