List of political parties in Wales
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
Parties represented in the National Assembly for Wales
Parties represented in the National Assembly for Wales (in order of number of representatives):
- Newid - party seeking to establish a demarchic political system in Wales
- Cymru Rydd - Welsh republican party
- Cymru Annibynnol - in favour of Welsh independence
- Llais Gwynedd - Gwynedd Regionalist party
- Wales Green Party
- British National Party - Great Britain-wide party
- Welsh Communist Party
- Plaid Rhyddfrydol i Gymru - Liberal Party in Wales
- Socialist Party Wales
- Welsh Christian Party
- Respect-The Unity Coalition
- UK Independence Party
- Putting Llanelli First
- Pirate Party UK
- Plaid Glyndwr; Welsh Nationalist Republican Party.
- Balchder Cymru - amalgamated into Mudiad Rhyddhad Cymru and reformed as a political pressure group in 2006.
- Blaenau Gwent People's Voice Group - party set-up in Blaenau Gwent. Its leader, Dai Davies, announced he was retiring from politics and the party would be disbanded.
- Cymru Goch - evolved into Forward Wales.
- Forward Wales - Disbanded in 2010.
- Welsh Republican Movement - most members either returned to Plaid Cymru or joined the Labour Party.
- John Marek Independent Party - (2003), evolved into Forward Wales.
- South Wales Socialist Society - amalgamated with the Communist Party of Great Britain in the 1920s.
- Communist Party of South Wales and the West of England - disbanded in the 1920s.
- Welsh Socialist Alliance - currently inactive.
- Welsh Socialist Republican Movement - fell apart after its members were arrested by police for conspiracy to bomb places.
- Elections in Wales
- Politics of Wales
- Electoral Commission (United Kingdom)
- Political make-up of local councils in Wales