List of primary and secondary schools in Tucson, AZ
Primarily, students of the Tucson area attend public schools in the Tucson Unified School District (TUSD). TUSD has the second highest enrollment of any school district in Arizona, behind Mesa Unified School District in the Phoenix metropolitan area. There are also many publicly funded charter schools with a specialized curriculum.
|Altar Valley School District||Located southwest of the city, primarily serving Three Points.|
|Amphitheater Public Schools||Serves segments of the North Side, Casas Adobes, Catalina Foothills, and the communities of Oro Valley, eastern Tortolita and Catalina northwest of the city.|
|Catalina Foothills School District||Serves segments of the upper Catalina Foothills north of the city.|
|Continental School District||Serves the rural area south of Sahuarita.|
|Flowing Wells Unified School District||Serves segments of the North Side and the Northwest Side along I-10.|
|Marana Unified School District||Serves the town of Marana, Picture Rocks, Avra Valley and western Tortolita northwest of the city.|
|Sahuarita Unified School District||Located south of the city and serves Sahuarita and Arivaca.|
|Sunnyside Unified School District||Serves the far South Side and segments of the Southwest Side.|
|Tanque Verde Unified School District||Serves the far Northeast Side, including the community of Tanque Verde.|
|Tucson Unified School District||Encompasses the central Tucson valley, including the lower Catalina Foothills and segments of the Tanque Verde Valley. As the largest school district in Tucson in terms of enrollment, TUSD has 115 schools serving grades K–12.|
|Vail School District||Serves the far Southeast Side, including the community of Vail.|
Tucson is home to many taxpayer-supported private ("charter") schools. Admission to these schools is determined by the administrations of the schools, and applicants who do not meet the behavior, religious, or scholastic standards of these schools are referred to the public schools to deal with.
- Academy of Math and Science, national Blue Ribbon elementary, middle and high school
- Academy of Tucson, elementary, middle, and high school
- BASIS Charter School, a nationally ranked high school.
- Compass High School,  specializing in vocational and arts training.
- Hermosa Montessori School, a nationally ranked, excelling school since 2003.
- La Paloma Academy, an independent, non-profit school that encourages students to learn the 6 pillars of character.
- Math and Science Success Academy,  elementary school, sister school of the Academy of Math and Science
- Presidio School Tucson, a national Blue Ribbon elementary, middle and high school
- Satori Charter School, an excelling school since 2005.
- Sky Islands Public High School,] offering an integrated curriculum with a focus on ecosystems
- Sonoran Science Academy, a nationally ranked college prep high school and an excelling school since 2003.
- Southern Arizona Community Academy, an accelerated, self-paced high school.
Tucson has several private schools:
- Desert Christian Schools (Arizona), a faith-based, for grades K-12.
- Fenster School, a boarding and day school
- Green Fields Country Day School, Southern Arizona's oldest independent school
- International School of Tucson, Independent school with an accelerated learning program and bi-lingual education for preschool through 5th grade, near the University of Arizona Campus.
- Kino Learning Center, a school that serves grades K-12 and follows the Progressive Education philosophies of A. S. Neill.
- Our Mother of Sorrows Catholic School 
- Pusch Ridge Christian Academy, a faith-based,school for grades 6-12.
- Salpointe Catholic High School
- San Miguel High School, College and Career preparatory high school located in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Tucson.
- Saint Augustine Catholic High School. Catholic High School for grades 9-12
- St.Cyril School of Alexandria, for grades K-8
- St. Gregory College Preparatory School
- St. Michael's Parish Day School, which is highly regarded[by whom?] as one of the most economically advantaged schools in the valley.
- Tucson Hebrew Academy, which has been awarded Blue Ribbon School of Excellence status.
- Tucson Waldorf School.
- The Arizona Daily Star annual survey of private and charter schools.[dead link]
- Academy of Math and Science
- Math and Science Success Academy
- Presidio School Tucson
- [http://skyislands.org/ Sky Islands Public High School
- Our Mother of Sorrows Catholic School
- Saint Augustine Catholic High School
- Tucson Waldorf School