List of programming language researchers
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Dr. Paul Abrahams, former president of ACM, developer of SPLASH systems programming language
- John Backus, leader of the team that developed FORTRAN, developer of BNF
- Friedrich L. Bauer, co-designer of ALGOL
- Walter Bright, designer of D.
- Ole-Johan Dahl, co-inventor of Simula.
- James Gosling, father of the Java programming language.
- Ralph Griswold, designer of SNOBOL, SL5, and Icon.
- Rich Hickey, designer of Clojure
- Grace Hopper, co-designer of COBOL
- Alan Kay, and Dan Ingalls, co-inventors of Smalltalk
- Anders Hejlsberg, original author of Turbo Pascal, chief architect of C#
- Yukihiro Matsumoto, designer of Ruby.
- John McCarthy, designer of LISP
- Kristen Nygaard, co-inventor of Simula
- John Ousterhout, designer of Tcl
- Dennis Ritchie, designer of C
- Guido van Rossum, designer of Python
- Bjarne Stroustrup, designer of C++
- Ken Thompson, designer of B
- Niklaus Wirth, designer of Pascal, Modula-2
- Larry Wall, designer of Perl
- Philip Wadler, designer of Haskell
- Martin Odersky, designer of Scala
- Gilad Bracha, designer of Newspeak, researcher in the area of Reflection
- Roberto Ierusalimschy, designer of Lua
- Guy L. Steele, Jr., co-designer of Scheme and designer of Fortress
- Gerald Jay Sussman, co-designer of Scheme
- Alain Colmerauer, creator of Prolog
- Don Syme, creator of F#
- Frank Mashraqi, creator of entity Universal language
- Matt Dean, creator of CobolScript
- "Gilad Bracha and David Ungar. Mirrors: Design Principles for Meta-level Facilities of Object-Oriented Programming Languages.". bracha.org. Retrieved 7 May 2014.