Entire list of projects of the European Space Agency:
 Current projects already launched
- Artemis — Europe's most advanced telecommunication satellite.
- Cluster II — a group of four probes studying the magnetosphere.
- COROT — a space telescope for detecting rocky exoplanets larger than Earth. Launched Dec 2006. A project led by the French space agency CNES.
- CryoSat-2 — a three-year radar altimetry mission launched on 8 April 2010 to determine variations in the thickness of the Earth’s continental ice sheets and marine ice cover; built to replace Cryosat after launch failure.
- Envisat — is the world's largest and most complex environmental satellite.
- ERS-2 — is an earth-observing satellite launched in 1995. It is the successor to ERS-1.
- GIOVE-A — Experimental satellite launched Dec 2005 as forerunner for the Galileo positioning system.
- GIOVE-B — the second Galileo in-orbit validation satellite launched on April 2008.
- GOCE — a mission designed to measure the Earth's gravity field, launched on March 2009.
- Hubble Space Telescope — built and operated in cooperation with NASA.
- INTEGRAL — is the first space observatory that can simultaneously observe objects in gamma rays, X-rays and visible light.
- Mars Express — a space probe to Mars.
- MetOp-A — is the first polar orbiting satellite dedicated to operational meteorology. A satellite to study temperature and humidity, wind speed and direction, ozone and other trace gases on Earth.
- Planck — The next generation Cosmic Microwave Background explorer, after COBE & WMAP. launched in May 2009.
- Proba-1 — is the technology demonstration mini-satellite launched in 2001. It is the first satellite in the PROBA series
- Proba-2 — the second satellite in the PROBA series, launched in 2009 together with SMOS.
- Rosetta — a space probe launched in 2004 that will explore comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko in 2014.
- SOHO — a space-based observatory to study the sun (together with NASA).
- SMOS — the second Earth Explorer mission launched on November 2009 designed to measure Soil Moisture and Ocean Salinity.
- Venus Express — a space probe to Venus which was launched in Nov 2005 and arrived in orbit around Venus in April 2006.
- XMM-Newton — an X-ray observatory satellite which participates in the Cosmic Evolution Survey.
 Current projects to be launched in the near future
 Future projects
- Aurora Programme — a space exploration programme for manned and unmanned exploration of Mars and other planets in our solar system.
- Cosmic Vision — a programme of space science missions for 2015–2025.
- Cheops- a joint project between ESA and Switzerland to study the structure of exoplantes.
- EarthCARE - collaboration with JAXA to improve understanding of the cloud, radiative and aerosol processes that affect the Earth's climate
- Euclid — a planned space telescope for mapping the distribution of dark matter and characterizing properties of dark energy.
- FLPP — a study to evaluate potential future European launchers, reusable or expendable.
- IXV — the associated reentry demonstrator to FLPP.
- Jupiter Icy Moon Explorer — spacecraft to visit the Jovian system, focused in particular on studying three of Jupiter's moons; Ganymede, Callisto, and Europa.
- LISA — a mission to detect and study gravitational waves (together with NASA).
- Mars Sample Return Mission — a Mars probe as part of the Aurora Programme.
- PLATO — a planned space telescope for detecting transiting exoplanets.
- Proba-3 — a mission involving 2 proba-like satellites to demonstrate formation flying.
- Solar Orbiter — an orbiter to examine the polar regions of the Sun, the project is currently in an assessment phase with a prospective launch in 2015.
 Past projects
- ARD — a testbed for reentry technologies launched in 1998.
- ESA-made instruments on Chandrayaan-1 — Indian space probe to the Moon launched on October 2008, functional until August 2009.
- Cos-B — First project of ESA after foundation (in 1975).
- Double Star Mission — probe to study effects of the sun on Earth (in cooperation with the People's Republic of China).
- ERS-1 — First Earth-observing satellite of ESA.
- EXOSAT — ESA's first X-ray observatory.
- Giotto mission — First deep space mission of ESA, which went to Comet Halley.
- Herschel Space Observatory — a space telescope observing in the far-infrared.
- Hipparcos — A space-based astrometry mission.
- Huygens probe — A space probe to Saturn's moon Titan.
- ISO — Infrared Space Observatory.
- IUE — Ultraviolet astronomical space observatory in cooperation with NASA.
- SMART 1 — A lunar spaceprobe testing new propulsion technology.
- Ulysses — A probe launched in 1990 to study the Sun's north and south poles.
- YES2 — a young engineers' satellite to demonstrate the use of tethers for injection into re-entry orbit of the first students re-entry capsule ever.
 Cancelled projects
 External links