List of public-access TV stations in the United States
In the United States, every community that is served by one or more cable TV companies has the right to collect a cable television franchise fee, based on the Cable Communications Act of 1984 Section 622, from those cable companies to fund a Public-access television cable TV channel. In addition, the cable television companies must make Public, educational, and government access (PEGA) channels available for the Public-access organization to distribute the locally originated nonprofit organization's programming produced by or made available to the organization.
This list was initiated based on a list of public-access stations collected by Alliance for Community Media (ACM), with some defunct organizations removed. The distribution of organizations here does not always correlate to population; for example, although California has the most stations listed, Michigan and Minnesota each have more stations than New York.
- List of public-access TV stations in the United States (Alaska-Connecticut)
- List of public-access TV stations in the United States (Delaware-Kentucky)
- List of public-access TV stations in the United States (Louisiana-Montana)
- List of public-access TV stations in the United States (Nebraska-Pennsylvania)
- List of public-access TV stations in the United States (Rhode Island-Texas)
- List of public-access TV stations in the United States (Utah-Wyoming)
- Community Media Database, created with Benton Foundation funding and support from the New America Foundation's Media Policy Initiative, includes information on over 2,000 U.S. community access television providers in a Google Doc spreadsheet, an access provider-updated CiviCRM database, and interactive state-based Google maps, as well as information for all U.S. Non-Commercial Educational Radio & TV licensees.
- Alliance for Community Media
-  PEG channels advocacy group
- Global Village CAT List of PEG channels and centers
- Public Access Directory List of PEG channels and centers
- PEGhub List of PEG channels and centers
- List maintained by William Ames List of PEG channels and centers
- Mapping Access List of PEG channels and centers
- National Association of Telecommunications Officers and Advisors (NATOA) A national cable franchising trade association
- National Center for Media Engagement Interactive Mapping Tool