List of run-of-the-river hydroelectric power stations
The following page lists the hydroelectric power stations that generate power using the run-of-the-river method. This list includes most power stations that are larger than 100 MW in maximum net capacity, which are currently operational or under construction. Those power stations that are smaller than 100 MW, and those that are only at a planning/proposal stage may be found in regional lists, listed at the end of the page.
Hydroelectric power stations
|This section requires expansion. (July 2010)|
This table lists currently operational power stations. Some of these may have additional units under construction, but only current net capacity is listed.
This table lists stations under construction or operational stations with under-construction and current net capacity under 1,000 MW.
|Station||Country||Location||Capacity (MW)||Expected Completion||Ref|
|Angu Hydropower Station||China||772||2015|||
|Kishanganga Hydroelectric Plant||India||330||2016|||
|Maheshwar Hydropower Plant||India||400||2015|||
|Neelum–Jhelum Hydropower Plant||Pakistan||969||2016|||
|Shringar Hydropower Station||India||330||2016|||
|Zhentouba Hydropower Station||China||720||2014|||
- List of largest power stations in the world
- List of pumped-storage hydroelectric power stations
- List of hydroelectric power station failures
- Project 4118 : Asahan 1 Hydroelectric Power Plant 2 x 90 MW
- "Our Company". Voith Hydro. Retrieved 3 October 2010.
- SPG Hydro International: Beauharnois Hydroelectric Power Station, retrieved 2010-06-25
- Hydroelectric power stations of Hydro-Québec, Montreal: Hydro-Québec, 2010, retrieved 2010-06-25
- "The design & the management of the hydro power plant birecik". Verbundplanbirecik. Retrieved 28 September 2010.
- "The Columbia River System Inside Story". BPA.gov. pp. 14–15. Retrieved 17 July 2010.
- Project 3524 : Caojie Hydropower Project on Jiangling River in Chongqing City
- Chief Joseph Dam, retrieved 2010-07-23
- "Chibro Power Plant (4x60=240MW)". Uttaranchal Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited. Retrieved 10 July 2011.
- "Chilla Power Plant (4x36=144MW)". Uttarakhand Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited. Retrieved 11 July 2011.
- "Dharasu HEP (4x76=304 MW)". Uttaranchal Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited. Retrieved 11 July 2011.
- "Dul Hasti dam and Hydroelectric Power Project". Tractebel. Retrieved 15 June 2013.
- Dalles Dam, retrieved 2010-07-23
- Ghazi Barotha Dam, retrieved 2010-07-17
- more units under construction, final capacity will be 4,800 MW
- Project 2880 : Sichuan Jiulong Pianqiao Hydropower Project
- John Day Dam, retrieved 2010-07-23
- "Hydroelectric Power Plants in India - Himachal Pradesh". IndustCards. Retrieved 14 June 2013.
- "Small hydro showcase". International Water Power and Dam Construction magazine. Retrieved 2009-01-07.
- "Kettle Generating Station". Manitoba Government. Retrieved 4 March 2012.
- "Khodri Power Plant (4x30=120 MW)". Uttaranchal Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited. Retrieved 10 July 2011.
- "Kiev HPP" (in Russian). UGE. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "Koteshwar Hydro Power Project". Tehri Hydro Development Corporation. Retrieved 14 August 2011.
- Hydroelectric power stations in Quebec, Canada, retrieved 2010-07-23
- Tharpe, Bill. "Lay Dam and Lake". encyclopediaofalabama.org, January 7, 2009, updated October 5, 2010.
- "Limestone Generating Station". Manitoba Government. Retrieved 28 February 2012.
- "Long Spruce Generating Station". Manitoba Government. Retrieved 28 February 2012.
- Project 2850 : Sichuan Muli River Dashawan Hydropower Station
- "Nathpa Jhakri Hydro Power Station". SJVN Limited. Retrieved 18 October 2012.
- "Dehar Power House". Bhakra Beas Management Board. Retrieved 25 November 2011.
- "Pulangi 4 Hydroelectric Power Plant Philippines". Global Energy Observatory. Retrieved 4 November 2011.
- Project 4507 : Guangxi Qiaogong Hydropower Project
- Project 4568 : Hydro electric power project by SJVNL in Himachal Pradesh
- The World Bank: Rampur Hydropower Project
- "Ranganadi Hydro Electric Project Stage I". North Eastern Electric Power Corporation. Retrieved 28 August 2010.[dead link]
- Project 4875 : Sichuan Rongzehai Hydropower Project
- more units under construction, final capacity will be 3,150.4 MW by 2015
- Project 3804 : Shaanxi Hanjiang Shuhe Hydropower Station
- "Tala Hydroelectric Project, Bhutan". Power Technology. Retrieved 10 September 2013.
- Project 6385 : Sichuan Xuecheng Hydropower Project
- Project 8518 : Sichuan Dadu River Angu Hydropower Project
- "Welcome to Kishenganga Project". NHPC Limited. Retrieved 20 December 2011.
- "Maheshwar Hydro Power". Entegra. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- Maheshwar HEP may see light of the day soon
- "Nhelum Jhelum Hydropower Project". Water and Power Development Authority. Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- Project 4776 : Run-of-the-river Hydroelectric Power Project in Uttarakhand by Alaknanda Hydro Power Company Limited
- Project 8485 : Sichuan Dadu River Zhentouba Stage-I Hydropower Project