List of districts of Germany
This is a list of the districts of Germany. Germany is divided into 402 administrative districts; these consist of 295 rural districts (Kreise [in North Rhine-Westphalia and Schleswig-Holstein] and Landkreise), and 107 urban districts (Kreisfreie Städte and Stadtkreise [in Baden-Württemberg] – cities that constitute a district in their own right.
- Administrative divisions of the German Democratic Republic
- Administrative division of the Nazi Germany
- Translation: European Commission’s Directorate-General for Translation (DGT), Annex 5
- The districts of Aachen, Hanover and Saarbrücken have a different statute, as a Kommunalverband besonderer Art.
- Although not formally an urban district, these cities have certain rights of urban districts.
- Seat of the district's administration, but not part of the district (being an urban district).