List of districts of Germany
Germany is divided into 402 administrative districts; these consist of 295 rural districts (German: Kreise [in North Rhine-Westphalia and Schleswig-Holstein] and Landkreise), and 107 urban districts (German: Kreisfreie Städte and Stadtkreise [in Baden-Württemberg] – cities that constitute a district in their own right.
- Districts of Germany
- States of Germany
- List of rural districts with populations and area in km² (German)
- List of urban districts with populations and area in km² (German)
- "Country Compendium, A companion to the English Style Guide" (PDF). European Commission Directorate-General for Translation (EC DGT). May 2014. pp. 47–48.
- "Kreisfreie Städte und Landkreise nach Fläche und Bevölkerung auf Grundlage des ZENSUS 2011 und Bevölkerungsdichte - Gebietsstand 31.12.2013" (XLS) (in German). Statistisches Bundesamt Deutschland. October 2014. Retrieved 2 February 2015.
- The districts of Aachen, Hanover and Saarbrücken have a different statute, as a Kommunalverband besonderer Art.
- Although not formally an urban district, Aachen, Göttingen and Hanover have certain rights of urban districts, and consequently are listed twice.
- Seat of the rural district's administration, but not part of the district (being an urban district itself). Urban district and adjacent rural district often share the name of the central city.
- As constituent states of Germany, Berlin and Hamburg also function as separate urban districts.
- The cities Bremen and Bremerhaven are two separate urban districts, together they form the "city-state" Bremen.