List of schools in Haringey
This is the list of schools in the London Borough of Haringey.
In the state-funded sector, Haringey has 61 primary schools (including 7 infant schools and 7 junior schools that share a name), 11 secondary schools, 4 special schools and a pupil support centre. In addition there is off site provision and study support centres for children and young people with additional needs. Ten Children’s Centres were opened in 2006 and a further eight are planned for 2008.
The number of pupils in Haringey Schools as at January 2006 was 34,990 (Including nursery age children). This total was made up as follows:
- Primary Total 16,705 (pupils of compulsory school age).
- Secondary Total 12,431 (including sixth form students).
- Special School pupils and students 299 (including post 16 children).
- Pupil support centre 77.
There are also a number of independent schools.
State-funded primary schools
State-funded infant and junior schools
Of the Primary schools listed above, 7 are split into Infant and Junior schools, with at least partially separate staffing and governance:
State-funded secondary schools
- Channing School for Girls
- Greek Secondary School of London
- Highgate School, which is a public school, lies within the London Borough of Haringey.
- Bruce Castle School (1827 to 1891) was at Bruce Castle, Tottenham.
- Tottenham Grammar School (c1460s-1967) was at White Hart Lane, Tottenham.
- Rowland Hill Secondary Modern School (1938-1967) was at Lordship Lane, Tottenham.
- Somerset School (1967-1988) was at Lordship Lane and White Hart Lane, Tottenham.
- The John Loughborough School (1980-2013) was at Holcombe Road, Tottenham.
- Haringey Council Web page on Children's Centres
- Knowing Our Children And Young People - Planning For Their Futures, Haringey Council, 2006
- London Borough of Haringey Website: Schools & Education
- London Borough of Haringey Website: Schools & Education: Secondary Schools
- "HISTORY". Tottenham Grammar School. Retrieved 28 November 2012.