List of schools in the Marlborough Region
There are 30 schools in Marlborough, a region in the South Island of New Zealand. The region contains rural and small town primary schools, a combined primary/secondary school at Rai Valley, a small secondary school in Picton, and several primary schools, an intermediate school, and two large secondary schools in Blenheim. All schools are coeducational except for Marlborough Boys' and Girls' Colleges in Blenheim.
State schools are those fully funded by the government and at which no fees for tuition of domestic students (i.e. New Zealand citizens and permanent residents, and Australian citizens) can be charged, although a donation is commonly requested. A state integrated school is a former private school with a special character based on a religious or philosophical belief that has been integrated into the state system. State integrated schools charge "attendance dues" to cover the building and maintenance of school buildings, which are not owned by the government, but otherwise they like state schools cannot charge fees for tuition of domestic students but may request a donation. Both state and state integrated schools can charge fees for tuition of international students There are no private schools in Marlborough.
The decile indicates the socio-economic group that the school catchment area falls into. A rating of 1 indicates a poor area; a rating of 10 a well-off one. The decile ratings used here come from the Ministry of Education Te Kete Ipurangi website and from the decile change spreadsheet listed in the references. The deciles were last revised using information from the 2006 Census. The roll of each school changes frequently as students start school for the first time, move between schools, and graduate. The rolls given here are those provided by the Ministry of Education, based on figures from March 2014. The Ministry of Education institution number, given in the last column, links to the Te Kete Ipurangi page for each school.
|Name||Years||Area||Authority||Closure date||Reason for closure|
|Koromiko School||1–8||Koromiko||State||December 2012||Closed voluntarily due to declining roll numbers|
- "Te Kete Ipurangi". New Zealand Ministry of Education. Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- "ERO school and early childhood education reports". Education Review Office. Retrieved 2008-06-08.[dead link]
- "Decile change 2007 to 2008 for state & state integrated schools" (XLS). New Zealand Ministry of Education. Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- "About School: School basics". New Zealand Ministry of Education. Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- "School Donations & Fees". New Zealand Ministry of Education. 23 June 1998. Retrieved 2006-06-23.[dead link]
- "about NZ education". EduSearch. Retrieved 2008-06-08.[dead link]
- "How The Decile Is Calculated". New Zealand Ministry of Education. Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- "Reviews of Deciles - General Information". New Zealand Ministry of Education. Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- "Directory of Schools - as at 1 April 2014". New Zealand Ministry of Education. Retrieved 3 April 2014.
- Nicoll, Jared (6 December 2012). "Koromiko loses its school". The Marlborough Express. Retrieved 17 September 2013.