List of sculpture parks
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (October 2012)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012)|
This is a list of well-known sculpture parks:
- 1 Australia
- 2 Austria
- 3 Basque Country
- 4 Belgium
- 5 Canada
- 6 Denmark
- 7 China
- 8 France
- 9 Germany
- 10 Hungary
- 11 India
- 12 Ireland
- 13 Japan
- 14 Laos
- 15 Lithuania
- 16 Mexico
- 17 The Netherlands
- 18 Norway
- 19 Russia
- 20 Singapore
- 21 South Africa
- 22 Sweden
- 23 Switzerland
- 24 Thailand
- 25 United Kingdom
- 26 United States
- 27 See also
- 28 Notes
- 29 External links
- 30 Recommended overview books
- National Gallery of Australia has a sculpture park from the gallery to the banks of Lake Burley Griffin. One of the permanent exhibits in the park is a fern garden designed by Fiona Hall.
- Sculpture Park from the Heide Museum of Modern Art in Bulleen near Melbourne. Sculptures are permanently exhibited.
- McClelland Gallery and Sculpture Park, a public sculpture garden in Langwarrin near Melbourne.
- The lyons sculpture park. This is a 15-acre (61,000 m2) sculpture park in Lyons Western Victoria.
- Skulpturenpark Artpark is an urban sculpture garden in the city of Linz, Upper Austria. Sculptures are permanently exhibited.
- Österreichischer Skulpturenpark (Austrian Sculpture Park) is a sculpture park with outdoor sculptures of contemporary Austrian and international artists in Unterpremstätten, 7 km south of the Styrian capital Graz.
- MEATZALDE GOIKOA PARKEA located in La Arboleda, Bizkaia. The first exhibition open space dedicated to the sculpture in the Basque Country. Near the Guggenheim Museum of Bilbao.
- Canadian Centre for Architecture is an architecture museum and research centre located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. The architect Phyllis Lambert is the founder and director.
- Odette Sculpture Park.
- Toronto Sculpture Garden
- The Jeffrey Rubinoff Sculpture Park
- The Jock Hildebrand Sculpture Park An outdoor Sculpture Garden in Westbank British Columbia Canada.
- Changchun World Sculpture Park (长春世界雕塑公园) in Changchun City, Jilin Province.
- Guangzhou Sculpture Park. "China's largest thematic sculpture park."
- Guilin Yuzi Paradise (愚自乐园). "This large scale park hosts land art and contemporary sculpture featuring over 200 works by 140 artists from 47 different nations. On the grounds of Yuzi Paradise (or ‘Fool’s Paradise’) is also the Hotel of Modern Art."
- More sculpture parks in China—listed on Birkbeck, University of London page You can add them in this section.
- Musée Rodin in Paris has an extensive sculpture garden featuring many of Auguste Rodin's most famous works.
- Tuileries Garden outside the Louvre, Paris, including works by Aristide Maillol.
- Jardin du Luxembourg, Paris
- The towns of Cesson-Sévigné and Hédé near Rennes in Brittany have sculpture gardens dedicated to the work of Jean Boucher.
- Kerguehennec near Vannes in Brittany with contemporary sculptures.
- Skulpturengarten Damnatz. The sculpture garden is founded by Klaus and Monika Müller-KLug.
- Skulpturen Park Köln, located in Cologne, Germany. The park features contemporary sculptures (1997–2009).
- Szoborpark, the statue park in the outskirts of Budapest, Hungary, which houses the statues from communist times which are "no longer required"
- Grūtas Park (aka Stalin's World), a collection of monumental Soviet-era statues and other ideological relics, about 130 km southeast of Vilnius
- Europos Parkas near Vilnius
- Lithuanian Museum of Ancient Beekeeping in northeastern Lithuania
- Hill of Witches near the Baltic Sea
- Beeldenpark van het Kröller-Müller Museum is the sculpture park of the Kröller-Müller Museum situated in Hoge Veluwe National Park in the Netherlands. It is one of the finest examples of a sculpture park in Europe.
- Ekebergparken Sculpture Park, Oslo, Norway.
- Peer Gynt Sculpture Park, Oslo, Norway
- Vigeland Sculpture Park, Oslo, Norway.
- Summer Garden (Russian: Летний сад, Letniy Sad) occupies an island between the Fontanka, Moika, and the Swan Canal in Saint Petersburg, Russia, and shares its name with the adjacent Summer Palace of Peter the Great.
- Artparks Sculpture Park, in Guernsey and elsewhere in the UK.
- Barbara Hepworth Museum, in St Ives, Cornwall, south-west England, preserves Barbara Hepworth's studio and garden much as they were when she lived and worked there.
- Cass Sculpture Foundation, West Sussex, England.
- Chatsworth House in Derbyshire. While not a sculpture park as such, the owners of Chatsworth, the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire, have collected and commissioned sculpture to be permanently sited on the estate. These include works by Barry Flanagan, Elizabeth Frink, and William Turnbull in the garden, and commissions by artists Tim Harrisson, David Nash, Allen Jones, Nigel Ross and Alison Crowther in the 1000 acre park designed by Capability Brown.Since 2006 Chatsworth has hosted 'Beyond Limits', a modern and contemporary sculpture exhibition in the gardens, in conjunction with Sotheby's auction house. This landmark selling exhibition takes place during the months of September and October, annually.
- Forest of Dean Sculpture Trail in the Forest of Dean in the county of Gloucestershire, England. It links several different site-specific sculptures commissioned for the forest.
- Grizedale Forest sculpture trail.
- Irwell Sculpture Trail is the largest public art scheme in the United Kingdom commissioning regional, national and international artists. It follows a well established 30-mile (48 km) footpath stretching from Salford Quays through Bury into Rossendale and up to the Pennines above Bacup.
- Tout Quarry Sculpture Park - the first Sculpture Park in a quarry in the UK Isle of Portland, Dorset. Started in 1983 by the Portland Sculpture and Quarry Trust. Includes the work 'Still Falling' by Antony Gormley. Tout Quarry is also an international venue for a yearly programme of stone carving and sculpture courses that teach skills in stone carving direct carving, lettercutting, relief carving and architectural detail. Tout Quarry is also a creative and educational resource for visitors, schools, colleges and universities who come to learn about stone through the Portland Sculpture and Quarry Trust. www.learningstone.org
- Yorkshire Sculpture Park, West Yorkshire, England.
- Charles W. Ireland Sculpture Garden at the Birmingham Museum of Art, Birmingham
- USA Sculpture Park, Mobile
- Sedona Arts Center Sculpture Garden, Sedona
- Tempe Arts Center and Sculpture Park, Tempe
- Alene Dunlop Smith Garden, Tucson
- Ozarks Woodland Sculpture Garden, Huntsville
- Queen Califias Magic Circle, Escondido
- Wildwood Farm Sculpture Garden, Kenwood
- Robert Gumbiner Sculpture and Events Garden, Long Beach
- Fran and Ray Stark Sculpture Garden, Los Angeles
- Franklin D. Murphy Sculpture Garden-, UCLA, Los Angeles
- Norton Simon Museum Sculpture Garden, Pasadena
- Roseville Sculpture Park, Roseville
- May S. Marcy Sculpture Court and Garden, San Diego
- The Mary and Harry Blanchard Sculpture Garden, Santa Cruz
- Outdoor Art at Stanford University, Stanford
- The New Guinea Sculpture Garden at Stanford, Stanford
- Desert Christ Park, Yucca Valley
- Runnymede Sculpture Farm, Woodside
- Leaning Tree Museum and Sculpture Garden, Boulder
- Colorado Springs Fine Art Center Sculpture Courtyard and Sculpture Garden, Colorado Springs
- Museum of Outdoor Arts, Englewood
- The Benson Park Sculpture Garden, Loveland
- Yale Center for British Art, New Haven
- Aldrich Museum of Contemporary Art, Ridgefield
- Kouros Gallery Sculpture Center, Ridgefield
- The Copeland Sculpture Garden, Wilmington
District of Columbia
- National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden, Washington
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, an art museum located in Washington, DC, USA, on the National Mall and designed by architect Gordon Bunshaft. It is part of the Smithsonian Institution link
- It’s Sculpture, Washington
- Statues of the Liberators, Washington
- Sculpture Key West, Key West
- Polk Museum of Art Sculpture Garden, Lakeland
- Martin Z. Marguiles Sculpture Park, Miami
- The Ann Norton Sculpture Gardens, Inc., West Palm Beach
- Albin Polasek Museum and Sculpture Gardens, Winter Park, Florida, USA link
- Crealdé School of Art Sculpture Garden, Winter Park
- Barrington Library Sculpture Garden, Barrington
- Museum Of Science and Industry Front Lawn, Chicago
- Chicago Art Institute, Chicago
- Wood Street Gallery and Sculpture Garden, Chicago
- Navy Pier Walk, Chicago
- Chicago Museum of Contemporary Art Sculpture Garden, Chicago
- Oakton Sculpture Park, Des Plaines
- Cedarhurst Center for the Arts, Mt. Vernon
- Farnsworth House, Plano
- Chicago Athenaeum's International Sculpture Park, Schaumburg
- Skokie Northshore Sculpture Park, Skokie
- Nathan Manilow Sculpture Park, University Park
- Wandell Sculpture Garden, Urbana
- Indianapolis Art Center ARTSPARK, Indianapolis
- Iowa State University Collection, Ames
- Des Moines Art Center, Des Moines
- John and Mary Pappajohn Sculpture Park, Des Moines
- Johnson Community College Sculpture Collection, Overland Park
- Martin H. Bush Outdoor Sculpture Collection, Wichita
- Josephine Sculpture Park, Frankfort
- Chauvin Sculpture Garden, Chauvin
- The Neill Corporation Sculpture Gardens, Hammond
- Sydney & Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden, New Orleans
- Sculpture at Quiet Waters Park, Annapolis
- Bufano Sculpture Garden, Baltimore
- Baltimore Museum of Art Sculpture Garden, Baltimore
- Janet and Allen Wurtzburger and Ryda and Robert H. Levi Sculpture Gardens, Baltimore
- Annmarie Garden, Dowell
- Strathmore Sculpture Garden, North Bethesda
- Arts on the Point, Boston
- The Forest Hills Trust, Boston
- The List Visual Arts Center (MIT Campus), Cambridge
- Cambridge Arts Council, Cambridge
- DeCordova Museum and Sculpture Park in Lincoln, Massachusetts, USA link
- Somerby's Landing Sculpture Park, Newburyport
- Mass MOCA, North Adams
- Butler Sculpture Park, Sheffield
- Dr. Seuss Memorial is a sculpture garden located at The Quadrangle in Springfield, Massachusetts, USA, honoring the American children's author Dr. Seuss link
- Cranbrook Academy, Bloomfield Hills
- City of Brighton Walking Sculpture Garden, Brighton
- Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park a 125-acre (0.51 km2) botanical garden and outdoor sculpture park located in Grand Rapids Township, Michigan in Kent County, USA, commonly referred to as Meijer Gardens link
- Western Michigan University Sculpture Tour Program, Kalamazoo
- Lakenenland Sculpture Park, Marquette
- Northern Michigan University Sculpture Walk, Marquette
- Krasl Art Center, St. Joseph
- Michigan Legacy Art Park, Thompsonville
- Minneapolis Sculpture Garden an 11 acre (45,000 m²) park in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, located near the Walker Art Center link
- General Mills Art Collection Sculpture Program, Minneapolis
- Franconia Sculpture Park, Shafer
- North High Bridge Sculpture Garden & Park, St. Paul
- Caponi Art Park and Learning Center a 60-acre (240,000 m2) wooded sculpture garden and performance space in Eagan
- Kansas City Sculpture Park, Kansas City
- Kemper Museum of Art, Kansas City
- Henry Lay Sculpture Park, Louisiana
- Daum Museum of Contemporary Art, Sedalia
- Blanke Sculpture Terrace, St. Louis
- Laumeier Sculpture Park, St. Louis
- Serra Sculpture Park, St. Louis
- , Bozeman
- Sheldon Memorial Art Gallery and Sculpture Garden at UNL, Lincoln
- Prairie Peace Park, Lincoln
- Carhenge near Alliance
- Goldwell Open Air Museum, Amaragosa Valley
- Michael Hizer's Double Negative, Overton
- Nevada Museum of Art, Reno
- Andres Institute of Art Sculpture Park, Brookline
- Clifton Municipal Sculpture Park, Clifton
- Quietude Garden Gallery, East Brunswick
- Grounds for Sculpture in Hamilton Township, Mercer County, New Jersey, a 35-acre (140,000 m2) garden and museum founded by J. Seward Johnson, Jr., grandson of Johnson & Johnson founder Robert Wood Johnson link
- Newark Museum Sculpture Garden, Newark
- Burlington County College Sculpture Park, Pemberton
- John B. Putnam, Jr., Memorial Collection, Princeton
- Ironstone Sculpture Garden, Woodstown
- Phil & Olga Eaton Sculpture Garden, Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Museum Sculpture Garden, Albuquerque
- Lightning Field, Corrales
- El Ancon Sculpture Park, Ribera
- Lumina Sculpture Garden, Taos
- Shidoni Gallery and Sculpture Garden, Tesuque
- Art Omi, Ghent
- Bradford Graves Sculpture Park, Kerhonkson, New YorkY
- Griffis Sculpture Park, Ashford Hollow
- Sculpture Park At Pratt Institute, Brooklyn
- Albright-Knox Museum of Art, Buffalo
- Stone Quarry Hill Art Park, Cazenovia
- LongHouse Reserve, East Hampton
- The Fields Sculpture Park, Ghent
- Hofstra University Sculpture Garden, Hempstead
- The C Lyon Sculpture Garden, Horseheads
- The Solo Sculpture Garden by The C Lyon, Horseheads
- Rocky Point Park and Preserve, Long Island
- PS-1 Contemporary Art Center/NYMMA, Long Island City
- Socrates Sculpture Park, Long Island City
- Sculpture Center, Long Island City
- Isamu Noguchi Garden Museum, Long Island City
- Louise Nevelson Plaza, Manhattan
- Storm King Art Center in Mountainville, New York, USA, is an open air museum which has extended the concept of a sculpture garden to become a sculpture landscape link
- Studio Museum in Harlem Sculpture Garden, New York
- The Pierpont Morgan Library, New York
- MoMA Abbey Aldrich Rockefeller Sculpture GardenE, New York
- A Living Memorial to the Holocaust, New York
- Top Gallant, New York
- The Cloisters, New York
- Central Park Conservancy Sculpture Tour, New York
- DIA Foundation, New York
- Battery Park City, Outdoor Sculptures, New York
- Iris & Gerald Cantor Roof Garden, New York
- Kykuit Gardens, North Tarrytown
- The Plattsburgh Sculpture Park at the State University of New York, Plattsburgh
- Buckhorn, Pound Ridge
- Donald Kendall Sculpture Garden, Purchase
- Donald M. Kendall Sculpture Gardens at PepsiCo Hdqs., Purchase
- Neuberger Museum of Art and Sculpture Garden, Purchase
- Neuberger Museum of Art and Sculpture Garden, Purchase
- Nassau County Museum of Art, Roslyn Harbor
- Nassau County Museum of Art and Sculpture, Roslyn Harbor
- Salem Art Works (SAW), Salem
- OPUS 40, Saugerties
- Everson Museum of Art, Syracuse
- Sculpture Space, Utica
- Pacem in Terris, Warwick
- Adirondack - Sacandaga River Sculpture Park, Wells
- Chapel Hill Public Arts Program, Chapel Hill
- North Carolina Museum of Art Park, Raleigh
- Winston-Salem State Sculpture Garden, Winston-Salem
- Outdoor Sculpture in the University of Cincinnati Fine Arts Collection, Cincinnati
- Rosenthal Contemporary Arts Center, Cincinnati
- Mac's Farm and Sculpture Center, Cinti
- The Sculpture Center, Cleveland
- Columbus Museum of Art Sculpture Park, Columbus
- Pyramid Hill Sculpture Park, Hamilton
- Rio Grande Sculpture Park, Rio Grande
- Georgia and David K. Welles Sculpture Garden, Toledo
- Philbrook Museum of Art, Tulsa
- Evan H. Roberts Sculpture Mall, Portland
- Phillip and Muriel Berman Sculpture Park, Allentown
- Rhoneymeade Arboretum and Sculpture Garden, Centre Hall
- Kentuck Knob, Chalk Hill
- Lookout Sculpture Park, Damascus
- Patricia D. Pfundt Sculpture Garden, Doylestown
- Abington Art Center Sculpture Garden, Jenkintown
- James Wolf Sculpture Trail, Johnstown
- Madeline K. Butcher Sculpture Garden and the Morris Arboretum, Philadelphia
- Fairmount Park / International Sculpture Garden, Philadelphia
- Drexel University, Philadelphia
- Pittston Susquehanna River Sculpture Park, Pittston
- Jackson Gallery & Sculpture Garden, Aiken
- The South Carolina Botanical Garden and Sculpture Garden, Clemson
- Davidson Sculpture Garden, Davidson
- Brookgreen Gardens, Murrells Inlet, South Carolina, USA link
- River Gallery Sculpture Garden, Chattanooga
- Hunter Museum of American Art Sculpture Garden, Chattanooga
- Carell Woodland Sculpture Trail (Cheekwood), Nashville
- Cadillac Ranch, Amarillo
- Umlauf Sculpture Garden and Museum, Austin
- Huntington Sculpture Foundation, Coupland
- Meadows Museum Sculpture Plaza, Dallas
- Nasher Sculpture Center located at Flora Street in the Arts District of downtown Dallas, Texas, USA, opened in October 2003, funded by Raymond Nasher, and designed by architect Renzo Piano link
- The Meadows Museum and Sculpture Court, Dallas
- Dallas Museum of Fine Arts, Dallas
- NorthPark Center, Dallas
- The Rachofsky House, Dallas
- Texas Sculpture Garden, Frisco
- Rothko Chapel & Sculpture Reflection Pool, Houston
- James Turrell's Skyspace, Houston
- Buffalo Bayou Artpark, Houston
- Blossom Street Gallery & Sculpture Garden, Houston
- The Lillie and Hugh Roy Cullen Sculpture Garden, Houston
- The Menil Collection, Houston
- Strake Jesuit College Preparatory, Houston
- The Benini Foundation and Sculpture Ranch, Johnson City
- Liberty Hill International Sculpture Park, Liberty Hill
- Chinati Foundatioin, Marfa
- McNay Art Museum, San Antonio
- San Antonio Museum of Art Sculpture Garden, San Antonio
- Gilgal Sculpture Garden by Thomas Childs, in Salt Lake City
- Metaphor: The Tree of Utah by Karl Momen, near Wendover
- Spiral Jetty by Robert Smithson, near Brigham (in the Great Salt Lake)
- West Rutland Art Park 1450 Clarendon Avenue, West Rutland
- Spirit of Place, Burlington
- Vermont Arts Council, Montpelier
- North Bennington Art Park, North Bennington
- West Branch Gallery and Sculpture park, Stowe
- Marble Street Sculpture Park, West Rutland
- National Memorial Park, Falls Church
- Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond
- Peter F. De Vaux, Verona
- Western Washington University Campus Sculpture, Bellingham
- , Friday Harbor
- Monarch Contemporary Art Center and Sculpture Park, Olympia (website)
- Olympic Sculpture Park, Seattle
- Spokane Sculpture Walk, Spokane
- Whitman College Campus Sculpture, Walla Walla
- Lynden Sculpture Garden, Milwaukee
- Wisconsin Concrete Park, Phillips
- Woodlot Outdoor Sculpture Gallery, Sheboygan
- Margaret Woodson Fischer Sculpture Gallery, Wausau
- Stevens Point Sculpture Park, Stevens Point
- Mississippi River Sculpture Park, Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin, USA. This is a sculpture park illustrating the history and prehistory of this area, near the confluence of the Wisconsin and Mississippi Rivers.
- "Art in Landscape, by Harijs Piekains". National Gallery of Australia. Retrieved 2007-07-29.
- "Fiona Hall's fern garden, by Harijs Piekains". National Gallery of Australia. Archived from the original on 2007-07-07. Retrieved 2007-07-29.
- Included because architecture may also be viewed as sculpture in its widest sense
- CC.jl.gov.cn (Chinese)
- "China — International Directory of Sculpture Parks & Gardens. Birkbeck, University of London". bbk.ac.uk. 2010-02-01. Retrieved 2010-10-02.
- "The World’s Largest Urban Sculpture Park: A Guide". community.travelchinaguide.com. 2006-09-25. Retrieved 2010-10-02.
- CCFAO.com.cn (Web Archive)
- "The Official English Website of Changchun City, China" (in chinese). zjrc.changchun.jl.cn. Retrieved 2010-10-02.
- "The Official English Website of Changchun City, China" (in chinese). 2007.changchun.jl.cn. Retrieved 2010-10-02.
- "The Official English Website of Changchun City, China" (in chinese). Zjrc.changchun.jl.cn. Retrieved 2010-10-02.
- Google cache page 1, page 4 when offline.)
- Birckbeck BBK.ac.uk
- http://www.sanbi.org/gardens/kirstenbosch/virtualtour/kirstenbosch-nbg-sculpture-garden. Missing or empty
- "Barbara Hepworth Drawings Displayed In Major Wakefield Exhibition - ArtLyst". Artlyst. Retrieved 30 October 2012. "The studio was designated the Barbara Hepworth Museum in the following year and, on coming under the Tate's aegis in 1980, secured an unrivalled collection of her work for the Gallery."
- "The Cass Sculpture Foundation". Retrieved 30 October 2012. "Since 1992, the Cass Sculpture Foundation has commissioned over 400 new monumental sculptures from emerging and established British sculptors. There are currently over 80 works on display in the 26-acre grounds of the charity at Goodwood, West Sussex."
- The Irwell Sculpture Trail is not strictly a park, since it is defined by a trail
- "Murphy Sculpture Garden - Collections - Hammer Museum". Hammer.ucla.edu. Retrieved 2010-10-02.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sculpture parks and gardens.|
- Sculpture Destinations Directory, International Sculpture Center
- International Directory of Sculpture Parks, compiled by the sculptor Benbow Bullock
- Sculpture parks in Europe, geocoded on a clickable map (Welt-der-Form, in German)
- Sculptures in Public Space (zuzuku, in German)
- Skulpturenpark Artpark in German
Recommended overview books
- Jane McCarthy, Laurily K. Epstein: A Guide to the Sculpture Parks and Gardens of America. Kesend Publishing Ltd, September 1996
- Jimena Blazquez Abascal, Raul Rispa, Valeria Varas: Sculpture Parks in Europe. A Guide to Art and Nature. Birkhäuser, 1st ed., August 2006