List of social bookmarking websites
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|BibSonomy||BibSonomy is a system for sharing bookmarks and lists of literature.||bibsonomy.org|
|Delicious||The site was bought by Avos Systems on April 27, 2011 though was operated by Yahoo! until July 2011.||delicious.com|
|Diigo||Designed to bookmark web pages and highlight key points for reference. Free.||diigo.com|
|Google Bookmarks||Bookmarking service By Google||google.com/bookmarks|
|Knowledge Plaza||Enterprise bookmarking tool for websites, documents, contacts, e-mails, discussions, book references and wikis.||knowledgeplaza.net|
|Licorize||Bookmarking tool which integrates bookmarking with to-do management and Getting Things Done styled tools.||licorize.com|
|Pearltrees||Collaborative bookmark exploration and curation tool organized and presented like a mind map.||pearltrees.com|
|Pinboard||Social networking site with functions similar to the original Delicious. One-time signup fee.||pinboard.in|
|Users submit content in the form of either a link or a text ("self") post. Links and content can be voted on.||reddit.com|
|StumbleUpon||StumbleUpon is a discovery engine that finds and recommends web content to its users.||stumbleupon.com|
|We Heart It||We Heart It is an image-based social network for inspiring images||weheartit.com|
- Amplify: web clipping service, bought by Clipboard in 2012. The current website, Amplify.com, runs an education service launched in 2012 by News Corp, which has no relation to the prior bookmark service.
- Clipmarks: a Delicious-like social bookmarking service, bought by Clipboard in 2012.
- Connotea: discontinued service on March 12, 2013. 
- Faves: as of January 2012, the service is no longer active. 
- Furl: web page clipping and archiving service, founded in 2003 and acquired by Diigo in 2009.
- Gnolia (formerly Ma.gnolia)
- My Web: as of November 2005 - redeveloped social bookmarking website. 
- Simpy (formerly de.lirio.us)
- Comparison of enterprise bookmarking platforms
- List of social software
- List of social networking websites
- Comparison of reference management software
Notes and references
- Gilbertson, Scott (November 6, 2006). "Social Bookmarking Showdown". Wired.
- Guynn, Jessica (27 April 2011). "Bookmark this: YouTube's Chad Hurley and Steve Chen buy Delicious from Yahoo". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 27 April 2011.
- Erica Naone (2008-09-21). "Untangling Web Information". Technology Review. Retrieved 2008-10-21.
- As Social Bookmarking Reignites, Venture-Backed Clipboard Acquires Clipmarks & Amplify
- Diigo Buys Web Page Clipping Service Furl Away From LookSmart