List of social nudity places in Africa
This is a list of social nudity places in Africa. The list includes nude beaches and naturist resorts, where people practise skinny dipping, naked bodysurfing or any other form of nude recreation.
There are no beaches in South Africa where the right to bathe nude is protected. However, Sandy Bay and the Umhlanga Lagoon are two beaches where nudity is accepted and bathers are very unlikely to be prosecuted for simply being naked. The situation at the other beaches is less certain. Nudist beaches are by nature remote and secluded and it is unfortunate that in South Africa this makes them unsafe as criminals find them ideal for their purposes too. Nudists are advised to try to keep in big groups, singles and couples should exercise a great deal of caution if visiting the lesser known nudist beaches.
- Secrets Beach Port Elizabeth in
- Lighthouse Beach, Great Fish River Port Alfred and East London between
- Umhlanga Lagoon north of Durban, is an unofficial nude beach.
- Mpenjati Beach Port Edward beautiful wild-life reserve and unofficial popular nudist beach for seasonal holiday makers. 11 km north of
North West Province
- Harmony Nature Farm is nestled on the cliffs of the Magaliesburg mountains
- Kiepersolkloof is a private nature reserve near Rustenburg
- Voëlkop at the Wayback Machine (archived July 20, 2013) is a men-only gay nude resort in Makolokwe between Pretoria and Rustenburg.
- Vyedam Naturist Resort is in the Hekpoort valley surrounded by the Magaliesburg and Wittewater mountains.
- Steven Bartlo (2005). "Taking the scenic route". Mail & Guardian. Retrieved 2013-11-13.
- Elhaam Ajam (2010). "Get glowing at SA's nudie beaches". gotravel24. 24.com. Retrieved 2013-11-13.
- Ndou, Clive (18 February 2014). "Nudist beach gets first green light". The Citizen (Johannesburg: The Citizen). Retrieved 23 May 2014.