List of social nudity places in Africa
This is a list of social nudity places in Africa. The list includes nude beaches and naturist resorts, where people practise skinny dipping, naked bodysurfing or any other form of nude recreation.
There are no beaches in South Africa where the right to bathe nude is protected. However, Sandy Bay and the Umhlanga Lagoon are two beaches where nudity is accepted and bathers are very unlikely to be prosecuted for simply being naked. The situation at the other beaches is less certain. Nudist beaches are by nature remote and secluded and it is unfortunate that in South Africa this makes them unsafe as criminals find them ideal for their purposes too. Nudists are advised to try to keep in big groups, singles and couples should exercise a great deal of caution if visiting the lesser known nudist beaches.
- Secrets Beach Port Elizabeth in
- Lighthouse Beach, Great Fish River Port Alfred and East London between
- Umhlanga Lagoon north of Durban, is an unofficial nude beach.
- Mpenjati Beach Port Edward beautiful wild-life reserve and unofficial popular nudist beach for seasonal holiday makers. 11km north of
- Vasnat in Somerset West opened at the beginning of 2011, the owners closed it down at the end of the 2013 summer season, sadly it was not financially viable.
- Buttnothing is a suburban B&B in Port_Elizabeth
- Buff Lodge Kidds_Beach, near East_London,_Eastern_Cape which sometimes hosts naturist weekends. is a rural lodge about 5km from the coastal town of
North West Province
- Harmony Nature Farm is nestled on the cliffs of the Magaliesburg mountains
- Kiepersolkloof is a private nature reserve near Rustenburg
- Voëlkop is a men-only gay nude resort in Makolokwe between Pretoria and Rustenburg.