List of social nudity places in North America
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (October 2011)|
This is a list of places where social nudity is practised in North America for recreation. As a philosophy, this practice is commonly referred to as naturism; the International Naturist Federation has affiliates in over 30 countries. However, most who indulge in this activity are likely not formal members of a naturist organization. This listing includes free beaches (clothing-optional beaches or nude beaches) and some private resorts.
- 1 Anguilla
- 2 Antigua & Barbuda
- 3 The Bahamas
- 4 Canada
- 5 Costa Rica
- 6 Dominican Republic
- 7 French Antilles
- 8 Jamaica
- 9 Mexico
- 10 Netherlands Antilles
- 11 Panama
- 12 United States
- 12.1 Alabama
- 12.2 Alaska
- 12.3 Arizona
- 12.4 Arkansas
- 12.5 California
- 12.6 Colorado
- 12.7 Connecticut
- 12.8 Florida
- 12.9 Georgia
- 12.10 Hawaii
- 12.11 Idaho
- 12.12 Illinois
- 12.13 Indiana
- 12.14 Kansas
- 12.15 Louisiana
- 12.16 Maine
- 12.17 Maryland
- 12.18 Massachusetts
- 12.19 Michigan
- 12.20 Minnesota
- 12.21 Mississippi
- 12.22 Missouri
- 12.23 Nevada
- 12.24 New Hampshire
- 12.25 New Jersey
- 12.26 New Mexico
- 12.27 New York
- 12.28 North Carolina
- 12.29 Ohio
- 12.30 Oklahoma
- 12.31 Oregon
- 12.32 Pennsylvania
- 12.33 Rhode Island
- 12.34 South Carolina
- 12.35 Tennessee
- 12.36 Texas
- 12.37 Utah
- 12.38 Vermont
- 12.39 Virginia
- 12.40 Washington
- 12.41 West Virginia
- 12.42 Wisconsin
- 13 United States Virgin Islands
- 14 See also
- 15 References
- Captain's Bay
Antigua & Barbuda
These are just the most prominent nude beaches in Canada. For a more complete listing of free beaches and naturist resorts, visit Federation of Canadian Naturists. For general information on the naturist community, visit NetNude portal. For more information on top-freedom (toplessness) in Canada (and elsewhere), see Top-Free Equal Rights Association.
- Wreck Beach is the second largest clothing-optional beach in North America with over 100,000 visitors each year. On the shore of the Georgia Strait and the north arm of the Fraser River, it is part of Pacific Spirit Regional Park, which is adjacent to the University Endowment Lands, just west of the city limits of Vancouver.
- In Surrey, British Columbia, 2006 political wrangling has fallen in favour of allowing nude sunbathing at Crescent Rock Beach.
- Red Sands Beach in Nelson, British Columbia is a nude beach used mainly by locals. Camping is also common there.
- 3 Mile Beach in Penticton, British Columbia is a nude beach used mainly by locals.
- Nipple Point in Salmon Arm, British Columbia is a rocky beach east of the town that sees occasional nude use.
- Tribune Bay (Tribune Bay Provincial Park) on Hornby Island, British Columbia is a clothing optional sandy/small round gravel beach, close to the Co-op, camping nearby. It is "Little Tribune Bay" which is the nude (or C O ) beach. It is definitely NOT the Provincial Park Beach. The C O beach is around a small rocky point to the West of the Provincial Park Campground/Beach. It is very nice andaccessible by road, boat or around the beach from the Provincial Park.
- Mission Flats Beach, Kamloops. From downtown head east to Mission Flats road. Follow that for approx 5 minutes until you pass the pulp mill. There will be a large sign on the north side of the road stating no trespassing but there is a trail system to the beach from there. If you drive 20 seconds beyond the sign there is a parking lot with trails to the beach. Expansive sandy beach early spring and late summer based on the rise and fall of water levels. Very popular with couples as well as singles.
- Thetis Lake on Vancouver Island. From a backroad around the lake from the public access is a secluded dock that is clothing optional.
- At Lost Lake, in Whistler, British Columbia, there is a "Nudy Dock" where it is acceptable to bath and sun tan nude
- Paradise Beach (Bareass Beach) Located just outside Saskatoon 51°58'22"N 106°47'23"W. The nudity section is to the left facing the water.
- Crystal Crescent Beach Provincial Park, near Sambro, Nova Scotia, is about 18 kilometres (11 mi) from Halifax and has a section that is a nude beach.
- All areas of Ontario, unless otherwise specified by town or city by-laws, allow both males and females to be topless in public.
- Hanlan's Point Beach, on the Toronto Islands is a sandy Clothing-optional beach.
- The Ponderosa Nature Resort (colloquially The Pond) is a year-round resort between Guelph and Hamilton off of Hwy 6. It will be hosting NUDEstock North, Canada's first Nudestock music festival.
- Beechgrove Beach, Toronto, located 100 metres east of the parking lot at the end of Beechgrove Avenue.
- Bare Oaks Family Naturist Park is a year-round facility.
- The Grand Barn is a clothing-optional facility located in Northeastern Ontario, equidistant between Ottawa, Cornwall, and Montreal, Quebec.
- Sandbanks Provincial Park has an unofficial nude beach area away from the mainstream beach area with signs posted against it.
- A private beach in Port Burwell, approximately 1,000 metres west of the Port Burwell Provincial Park parking lot #5.
- Freedom Fields Naturist Ranch (www.freedomfieldsnaturistranch.com) near Tamworth.
- Lakesun Club (www.lakesun.net) near Inverary.
- Patricia Beach has an section that is an unofficial nude beach on Lake Winnipeg.
- Beaconia Beach has an unofficial nude beach section on the southeastern shore of Lake Winnipeg.
- Naturist Legacy Park is a family friendly facility that welcomes everyone interested in naturism. The site features both RV and tent camping areas, modern washrooms, indoor and outdoor showers, a sparkling new swimming pool, a new beach sand volleyball court and a new bocce court.
- Oka, Quebec (Oka National Park – known locally as Okapulco), at is about 40 km (25 mi) from Montreal in Quebec.
- Meech Lake in Gatineau Park has had an unofficial nude beach for over 70 years though it is subject to periodic raids from local police.
Prince Edward Island
- Blooming Point Beach, in Prince Edward Island National Park along the northern shore of Prince Edward Island, contains an unofficial clothing-optional beach. The nude section is about a 15–20 minute walk west (to the left) of the parking lot.
- Montezuma Beach – Playa Grande is a thirty-minute hike north of Montezuma, with optional nudity.
- Anse Crawen, not far from Bourg
- Anse Tarare, Guadeloupe
- Anse Traubaud
- Petite Anse de Salines
- St. Barths
- Columbier Beach
- Flamands Beach, St. Barths
- Gouveneur Beach, St. Barths
- Grand cul de Sac, St. Barths
- Shell Beach, St. Barths
- St. Jean Beach, St. Barths
- Saint Martin
- Orient Beach
- Breezes Runaway Bay
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Grand Lido Negril
- Grand Lido Sans Souci
- Hendoism II and III in Negril
- Negril Cabins Resort
- Rolcata Resort & Spa
- Seven Mile Beach, Negril
- Sunset Beach Resort & Spa
- Nude Lun Park
- Zipolite, Oaxaca: Zipolite beach has been nudist for more than 30 years. Nudism in Zipolite is tolerated, since Mexican law condemns only "immorality" and thus the issue ends up being a matter of the judge's criteria. This beach is reputed to be the best place for nudism in the country. The numerous nudists and the long tradition make it safe for nudists.
- Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo has a beach in town located near the Cozumel Ferry terminal that allows topless sunbathing, at least informally. Within Playa del Carmenm, there's a strip of beach called Kentenah which hosts some secluded resorts like Hidden Beach that is designed for nudists. Some topless sunbathing also occurs at Tulum, although not as commonly as in Playa del Carmen, although there are clothing-optional resorts like this eco-hotel. and also adult lifestyle hotels like Desire and Desire Pearl.
- Isla Mujeres, Quintana Roo also has beach areas where topless sunbathing occurs, especially at Playa Norte. Nude bathers are advised to use caution as local police do issue citations.
- Destilerías, Nayarit north of Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco and just north of Bucerias, Nayarit has a beach where nudism is "tolerated".
- On Aruba island, two beaches allow nudity, especially in late afternoon and dawn:
- Sorobon Resort
- Curaçao has a legal nude beach at Sunset Waters Beach Resort near the west end of the island.
- Sint Maarten (Dutch side) and Saint Martin (French side) have a beach called "Orient Bay"
- with the famous "Club Orient" facing flat island on the atlantic side.
- No clothes on beach – in beachbar and hotel is tradition for more than 30 years now
Additional and up-to-date information on public and private locations may be obtained on the web sites of the American Association for Nude Recreation (AANR) and The Naturist Society (TNS) For general information on the naturist community, visit NetNude portal.
- Gymno-Vita Park is a 110-acre (45 ha) AANR affiliated campground for couples and families only near Pell City using a mailing address in Vandiver.
Public nudity is illegal in Alaska (No social places)
- Whispering Winds Resort is a TNS affiliated proposed Bed and breakfast in Homer. There have been reports since June 2008, but this has not yet opened.
- Shangri La Ranch in New River is a family friendly facility that welcomes everyone interested in naturism.
- Mira Vista Resort in Tucson is a clothing-optional resort that opened in May 2006. Tucson and Southern Arizona have a wealth of attractions, activities and annual events, all close to Mira Vista Resort.
Public nudity is illegal in Arizona. However, Verde Hot Springs (Springs only – not the campground) is traditionally nude. There are a few clothing-optional gay resorts in Phoenix. Tucson’s Upper Tanque Verde Creek is a popular social nudity spot. The lower trail leads to a series of pools and waterfalls along Tanque Verde Creek. The Upper Trail is a quick, 10-minute hike to a well-liked swimming and sunning spot used by sunbathers of both sexes clothed and unclothed.
Public nudity is illegal in Arkansas in the presence of the opposite sex. However, same-sex nudity is legal in Arkansas. There are no AANR affiliated clubs in Arkansas.
For more information (public) on the above. Please visit Arktimes and search for the 2007 article Naked comes the bather by the author Leslie Newell Peacock.
- Magnetic Valley Resort in Eureka Springs, Arkansas is a private men-only resort. The pool and bar areas are clothing optional.
- Del Norte County
- El Dorado County
- Humboldt County
- Inyo County
- Lake County
- Harbin Hot Springs is a retreat and workshop center 93.4 miles (150.3 km) northeast of the San Francisco Bay Area, north of the Napa Valley, near Middletown, California.
- Los Angeles County
- Marin County
- Red Rock Beach A half mile south of Stinson Beach, California
- Mendocino County
- Mono County
- Little Hot Creek east of Mammoth Lakes, California. To find this clothing-optional hot springs, you'll need a good local map showing dirt roads.
- Monterey County
- Nevada County
- Orange County
- Riverside County
- ""Anahata Springs Spa and Retreat"" near Palm Springs, is a clothing optional zen spa and retreat with hot spring pool and spa.
- Living Waters Spa near Palm Springs in Desert Hot Springs, CA, this swimsuit optional spa has hot spring water pools and the spa is an easy introduction to social nudity. TripAdvisor named them as one of the Top 25 Small Hotels in the US for 2013.
- Glen Eden Nudist Resort – One of the largest membership owned clubs in the country, Glen Eden, located in Corona, CA, is Southern California's premier nudist destination.
- Desert Sun Resort – Formally Desert Shadows Inn. One of the premier nudist resorts in North America. Located in warm, sunny Palm Springs, CA.
- The Terra Cotta Inn Clothing-Optional Resort and Spa in sunny Palm Springs, CA, this nudist resort is popular with first-time nude sunbathers. Palm Springs Life Magazine selected them one of top 3 best boutique hotels in Palm Springs in their December 2009 Best of the Best issue.
- Sacramento County
- Laguna Del Sol – Clothing-optional resort in Wilton, near Sacramento, featuring camping and RV spots, a lake, heated swimming pools, spas, walking tracks, stores, restaurant and event center.
- San Benito County
- San Bernardino County
- Deep Creek Hot Springs – Clothing-optional hot spring in the San Bernardino National Forest near Apple Valley, California
- The Deer Park Nudist Resort in San Bernardino, California is a clothing optional resort. The Deer Park Nudist Resort is one of Southern California's premier nudist destinations.
- Olive Dell Ranch – Naturist resort located in Colton, California – a few miles from San Bernardino and Riverside. Olive Dell Ranch is Southern California's favorite nudist resort for families and couples.
- Silver Valley Sun Club - A small clothing-optional resort located in Newberry Springs, about 20 miles east of Barstow.
- San Diego County
- Black's Beach, in La Jolla, a neighborhood of San Diego, is possibly the largest de facto clothing-optional beach in the United States. Part of the beach is in a state park where it is legal to be nude, the rest is on city property where it is illegal to be nude but generally tolerated.
- DeAnza Springs Resort – Naturist resort in Jacumba, CA. DeAnza Springs is the largest and one of the newest clothing optional resorts in North America. Situated on more than 500 acres (202 ha) of high desert (at 2,600 feet or 792 metres) in Eastern San Diego County, it is ideal for year-round vacationing.
- San Onofre Beach is 55 km (34.2 mi) northwest of this beach (near San Clemente). It was clothing optional until 2010. This news story on Fox 6 reports on the ban.
- San Francisco City and County
- Baker Beach is a beach of the National Park Service in San Francisco. The north end of the beach (closest to the Golden Gate bridge) is officially sanctioned as clothing-optional.
- Land's End – Within the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, Land’s End beach is a beautiful and legal nude beach in the San Francisco area. It is reached only by a steep, difficult trail.
- San Francisco - There was a law passed by the city council in Fall of 2012 making public nudity an infraction city-wide. The law went into effect in February, 2013 but may be challenged in court.
- San Luis Obispo County
- Pirates Cove near San Luis Obispo, California
- San Mateo County
- San Gregorio nude beach might be the oldest continuously active nude beach in the United States. It dates to 1967 and is 3 km (1.9 mi) of public beach which can be reached only by a private road near the town of San Gregorio on the San Mateo County coast, south of San Francisco. San Gregorio beach is the largest of about 20 clothing-optional beaches along the coast between San Francisco and Santa Cruz.
- Devil's Slide or Gray Whale Cove is the only officially sanctioned nude state-owned beach in California. Run for years by a private concessionaire who provided the only access to this remote beach, the State of California took over its operation. NOTE: The California State Park system officially outlaws nudity unless the area is specifically set aside for such use (e.g., dressing areas).
- Santa Barbara County
- Santa Clara County
- Santa Cruz County
- Laguna Creek Beach – Public beach frequented by nude sunbathers 6 miles (9.7 km) north of Santa Cruz on Highway 1.
- Bonny Doon Beach – About a 10–15 minute drive from Santa Cruz on N. Highway 1. Across from Bonny Doon Rd. Nude beach is down the cliff – there are two sections of beach – the south end is for clothed beachgoers, and the north end, divided from the main beach by a large rock, is for nude sunbathers.
- Santa Cruz - The beach adjacent to the Santa Cruz Seaside Co. Beach Boardwalk. All bathers regardless of gender may go topless by county ordinance.
- Sonoma County
- Ventura County
- Mountain Air Ranch in Indian Hills was twice awarded the friendliest AANR club and has been the focal point for Colorado nude recreation since 1935.
- Orvis Hot Springs, a clothing-optional natural hot springs in Ridgway.
- North end of the Boulder Reservoir, near Boulder. Note: In July 2011, the north end began experiencing a police crackdown after decades of clothing optional tradition.
- Valley View Hot Springs and the Orient Land Trust — 2,200 acres of clothing optional recreation in the San Luis Valley. Chlorine-free swimming pool, hiking trails, soaking ponds; accommodations include tent camping sites, vehicle camp sites & cabin rentals.
- Strawberry Hot Springs (only after dark) — Steamboat Springs.
- Dream Canyon just outside of Boulder.
- Desert Reef Hot Spring is clothing optional, east of Canon City. Note: Only couples and single females are allowed; no single males are allowed.
- Dakota Hot Springs (formerly known as "The Well"), (excluding Tuesdays) east of Canon City.
- The "rock" just west of the Red Lion Restaurant on Boulder Canyon Drive. Look for the parking on the left as you move up the canyon after the turn off to the restaurant.
- Sun Ridge Resort in Sterling about 0.5 miles (0.80 km) from the Rhode Island border and about 15 miles (24 km) from Massachusetts. The resort has 95 wooded level sites on a mountain ridge.
- Solair Family Nudist Resort in Woodstock is a family oriented nudist resort and campground, owned and operated by its members.
- Florida Young Naturists is a landless organization based in West Palm Beach affiliated with TNS aimed at 18- to 30-year-olds. It was formed about 2009 to attract younger people to naturism.
- Next Generation Naturists is a non-landed organization promoting the non sexual naturist lifestyle, focused to the young adult (18- to 35-year-old) demographic.
- Paradise Pines RV Park in Lutz, is a Nudist RV park with 81 lots, a pool and clubhouse.
- The Woods RV Park in Land O' Lakes, is a clothing optional RV park and resort with lots for sale and for rent. It also boasts a 2,500 sq ft clubhouse and heated pool.
- Haulover Beach, at in Miami-Dade County (between Sunny Isles Beach, Florida, and Bal Harbour), the most popular nude beach in North America. Haulover Nude Beach is situated between the Intracoastal Waterway and the Atlantic Ocean and is part of Dade County's Haulover Beach Park. This .4 mile stretch of white sand shores, open ocean surf, various shaded picnic facilities, beautifully landscaped sand dunes, and concession stands has attracted as many as 7,000 people on a single day. The northern nude area is officially recognized as clothing-optional with official signs and is only a part of the Haulover Beach Park but attracts 66% to 85% of park visitors.
- Playalinda Beach, part of Canaveral National Seashore operated by the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge (US Fish & Wildlife Service) – Titusville, FL; has long allowed nudity and has an unofficial clothing-optional beach located at the north end of Lot 13 and north of dune crossover 13B. While there is no federal law restricting nude sunbathing, Brevard County passed an ordinance against nudity, but the Sherriff is not enforcing it pending a challenge to the constitutionality of the ordinance.
- Lake Como Family Nudist Resort in Pasco County, Florida, is one of Florida's oldest. It is a resident-owned cooperative of almost 200 acres (80.9 ha) in a very natural setting of which 51 acres (20.6 ha) are registered as woodland and 60 acres (24.3 ha) as wetland. Five lakes are within or border the property. Non-resident memberships in the resort are available, and free tours are available for those interested.
- Also located in Pasco county is Paradise Lakes, a clothing optional resort, which is famed for their "bubble parties" and water volleyball.
- Lake Linda Circle,(in Land o Lakes), a fenced nudist community on Leonard Road, probably the first residential nudist mobile home park in Florida, and maybe North America.
- Oasis, a home community with nudist clubhouse, although the nudity is restricted from the front yards of the homes.
- Riverboat Club (in Land o Lakes) RBC was formed in July 1990 and has since grown into a popular vacation spot. It is a private membership club and is home to more than 25 people year 'round. Hundreds of Tampa Bay area naturists visit regularly and during special events. Many visitors campout for a day, weekend, monthly and year around.
- The Woods (in Land o Lakes) The Woods RV and Park Model Resort is an upscale clothing-optional resort that opened in 2008, 
- Gulf Coast Resort  (in Hudson).
- South Beach in Miami permits topless sunbathing, partially due to the large number of foreign tourists and immigrants that frequent the beach.
- Key West Private Sailing Charters offers 4 hour, 6 hour, snorkeling, SCUBA, sunset and custom overnight sailboat trips from Key West's historic harborwalk (just a few minutes walk from Duval Street) on which nudity is permitted.
- Key West – There are no legal nude beaches, however Boca Chica has been used for clothing-optional for many years. Most use is by locals who had kept it secret for years. There are some sandy beach areas, but do not expect wide sandy beaches, this is a more secluded area. There are no facilities or anyone to clean up after you so please remove anything you take! This is just like having your own beach. Go to mile marker 10 on highway 1, turn beside Circle K on SR 941, follow it to the end approximately 5 miles (8.0 km) and park. Walk beyond concrete barricade and you have a 4-mile (6.4 km) stretch all to yourself. You can find additional information at Florida Keys Naturists
- New Smyrna Beach, FL in the Atlantic Coast of Florida. The accepted clothing-optional sunbathing area starts about 1⁄4 mile (0.4 km) south of parking area 5. Unlike as at Playalinda Beach (see above), this area of the National Seashore is in Volusia County, which does not have an anti-nudity ordinance. Scarce parking (29 spaces) usually limits visitors to fewer than a hundred at a time. (There is another Apollo Beach in Hillsborough County, Fl that has a very small beach inside the Tampa Bay and very close to the TECO electric plant. This is not a naturist beach and violators are fined.)
- SunSport Gardens, FL in Palm Beach county offers acres of beautiful natural outdoors with recreation facilities and camping.
- Riviera Naturist Resort in Pace, FL, features activities on site in a secluded part of Santa Rosa County in the Panhandle
- Bell Acres Resort in Maysville. AANR and TNS affiliated.
- Hidden River Resort in Saint George, with a mailing address of Sanderson, Florida. AANR affiliated.
- Mountain Creek Grove Resort in Cleveland. This is an adult only resort.
- Native Woods Naturist Park in Darien. AANR and TNS affiliated.
- Paradise Valley Resort and Club in Dawsonville is a club with 108 acres (44 ha), three swimming pools and a restaurant. AANR and TNS affiliated.
- Serendipity Park in Cleveland. AANR and TNS affiliated.
- Donkey Beach on Kaua‘i
- Kehena Beach (Dolphin Beach) is a black sand beach in the Puna District of the Island of Hawai‘i ("Big Island")
- Larsen's Beach on Kaua‘i
- Little Mākena Beach in Mākena State Park, Maui
- Red Sand Beach near Hāna on Maui
- Secret Beach on Kaua‘i
- Slaughterhouse Beach in Hana Highway on Maui
- HanginLoose Clothing-Optional Retreat & Botanical Gardens – "Big Island"
- Sun Meadows Resort in Worley is affiliated with TNS and AANR. It was the site of the 2005 TNS Gathering.
- Jerry Johnson's Hot Springs is located 20 miles (32 km) west of the Montana state line on US 12. Located in Clearwater National Park, the warm water pools are about a 1-mile (1.6 km) hike in and known for the clothing-optional atmosphere. Judge your option according to company present.
- Nude sunbathing and swimming has occurred at Illinois Beach State Park, 1.6 km (one mile) south of the park headquarters building, at the end of the beach.
- Until 1995, nude night swimming occurred at Oak Street Beach in Chicago and other beaches on Lake Michigan, prior to its elimination by police patrols.
- Blue Lake Resort is a family oriented nudist park located in Erie, Il, in the Rock River Valley of Northwestern Illinois, 30 miles (48 km) northeast of the Quad City area (Moline, Rock Island and Davenport). approximately 20 acres (8.1 ha) of sunny and shaded areas situated amid 98 acres (39.7 ha) of farm land. The camp facilities are approved by the State of Illinois each year.
- Nude Dudes Chicago is a group of 18- to 40-year-old gay men who enjoy public nudity and host events in and around the Chicago area all year round.
- Couples Playhouse Nudist Retreat, near Aurora, Illinois hosts nudists events on Wednesdays and Thursdays. They feature indoor and out pools and hot tubs. There is sand and water volleyball, as well as a huge tanning deck. A nice buffet is included. A good selection of lawn sports are provided.
- NUD R US Family Nudist Club (NFNC) is a small Christian and homebased nudist club near Bloomington, Illinois that is open to all of good moral character.
NFNC has an indoor dipping/conversation pool and an outdoor above ground pool, a hot tub, firepit, sundeck, outdoor checkers, lounge and rental rooms and tent spaces
- Our Haven Nature Sanctuary is located in French Lick, IN. and is a privately run clothing-optional festival ground with 175 acres of forest, trails, and great camping space that it is open to all races, genders, sexual orientations, and positive lifestyles and spiritual paths. There are designated clothing-optional areas of Our Haven that are open year-round. With only a 20 minute drive to the Casino, Restaurants, or the West Baden springs hotel there is plenty to experience. Approx. 66 miles from Louisville KY. and 126 miles from Indianapolis, IN.
- Drakes Ridge Rustic Nudist Retreat in Bennington is a rural, wooded setting in the hills of Switzerland County, midway between the three major cities of Louisville, Indianapolis, and Cincinnati, and 13 miles (21 km) north of Vevay.
- Fern Hills Club in Bloomington Fern Hills Club is in the center of about 75 acres (30.4 ha) of hardwood forest that the members enjoy by walking the trails or using their golf carts.
- Lake O' Woods Club in Valparaiso Lake O' The Woods Club is a member owned, family oriented, cooperative nudist club that was founded in 1933 and is located on 130 acres (52.6 ha) of woods and features a 20-acre (8.1 ha) lake.
- Ponderosa Sun Club in Roselawn The purpose of this club is to promote health and happiness for its members. The Ponderosa Sun Club is a family oriented nudist resort (not clothing-optional) located in rural Roselawn Indiana on about 88 acres (35.6 ha) wooded. Ponderosa Sun Club opened in 1965, the focus of the club's activities is their 65 ft (19.8 m) wide by 120 ft (36.6 m) long swimming pool with concrete sunning apron and a formal garden.
- Sunshower Country Club in Centerville Sunshower Country Club is a family nudist resort established in 1959.
- Sunny Haven Recreation Park in Granger Sunny Haven Recreation Park, located near South Bend, Indiana, has been the home to family nude recreation in northern Indiana since 1947.
- Sunaura Resort is and adults only clothing optional camp. Overnight RV camping is available. Location has a large pool, wooded scenic trails and weekend parties at the roundhouse.
- Camp Gaea is a non-denominational retreat center/campground located just east of McLouth that tolerates nudity in some areas.
- Lake Edun in Topeka is affiliated with The Naturist Society.
- Prairie Haven in Scranton is a family nudist club on 30 acres (120,000 m2) affiliated with AANR and The Naturist Society.
- Sandy Lane Club in Hutchinson is associated with AANR.
- Twin Ponds Lodge is a private membership-only social club 25 minutes from Waterville. It is adult only and male only. In addition to the ponds, the resort has 75 acres of fields and woods as well as some indoor facilities and is open year round.
- Maryland Area Naturist Association is the first ever and currently the only family nudist club in Baltimore County and City.
- Camp Ramblewood in Darlington is available for groups wishing to host clothing-optional events.
- Maryland Health Society in Davidsonville, Maryland is privately owned nudist club.
- Pine Tree Associates in Crownsville, founded in 1934, is a cooperatively owned nudist club.
- Cape Cod:
- Marstons Mills: Sandy Terraces Associates is a family oriented, co-operative campground.
- Provincetown: Public nudity has at times been tolerated on the beaches around Provincetown, especially in the small area that is not part of the Cape Cod National Seashore.
- Truro: Public nudity is unofficially tolerated on Longnook Beach.
- Hancock: Berkshire Vista Nudist Resort is a family oriented, privately owned facility.
- Nantucket: Public nudity is unofficially tolerated in the area between Miacomet Beach and Surfside Beach.
- Martha's Vineyard:
- Moshup Beach in Aquinnah contains an area where public nudity is unofficially tolerated. (Both the Aquinnah area and the Moshup beach are often called "Gay Head", the former legal name of the town of Aquinnah.)
- Lucy Vincent Beach in Chilmark contains an area where public nudity is permitted.
- MVBoat offers private charter trips on which nudity is permitted.
Public nudity is illegal in Michigan in the presence of the same sex. However, opposite-sex nudity is legal in Michigan, so places for social nudity are limited to clubs and organizations with private land. These include:
- Turtle Lake Resort in Union City.
- Northaven Resort in Brooklyn
- Cherry Lane Resort in North Adams
- Forest Hills Club in Saranac
- Spruce Hollow Campground in Mesick
- Avatan in East Bethel (affiliated with AANR)
- Oakwood Club is located 35 minutes north of Minneapolis–Saint Paul is also a private AANR affiliated landed club
- Two Creeks Campground is located 69 minutes north of Minneapolis–Saint Paul is also a clothing optional association
- Several other landless clubs operate in the northern suburbs of Minneapolis and Saint Paul.
- Cactus Canyon Campground - Located just outside of Ava, MO.. caters to the gay/bi/straight male population who enjoys nudity in the outdoors. Located on 720 private rolling acres of the Ozark Mountains.
- Forty Acre Club, nicknamed "America's Gateway Family Nudist Resort" for its proximity to the famous Gateway Arch, is a friendly, nudist (not clothing-optional) resort for couples and families located on 40 acres (16.2 ha) of Missouri woodlands approximately 45 miles (72 km) southwest of St. Louis in Lonedell, Missouri.
- Show Me Acres in Stover is a family oriented nudist resort & campground nestled in over 300 acres (121 ha), wooded, in a very serene picturesque setting near Lake of the Ozarks. It is affiliated with The Naturist Society.
- Heartland Naturists is a non-landed group organized in Kansas City affiliated with The Naturist Society.
- Lake Tahoe's Nevada shore includes several clothing-optional beaches – the best-known is Secret Cove.
- Lake Tahoe's east shore has 8 clothing optional beaches and is still counting. These include Secret Cove, but this beach is small, but is well known across the country, Chimmney Beach, Black Sand Beach (due to the black sand from the lower bottom of Lake Tahoe), Boaters Beach, Whale Beach 1 and 2. BUT, the most popular beach and known world wide is S"ecret Creek beach, Secret Harbor Creek Beach (Washo: dawmóʔlɨm demšé:gɨl ) or as the locals call it, Creek Beach", next to Boaters Beach.
This amazing beach has been the pride of locals for over 30 years. North Swanson, his real name, established and founded TAN (Tahoe Area Naturist) more than 30 years ago for locals and others to enjoy a lifestyle and the freedom of nudity. Now 83, North still can be found at the beach doing what he has done for most of those incredible years... keep the beach clean and beautiful. Potluck gatherings, clean up days, and most famous -is the 3rd weekend in August when they celebrate a gathering called HAT DAY, the only thing allowed that day to be worn... More than 150 naturist show up from around the world to attend and bring food and drink to celebrate and visit with old friends keeping this way of life and living available for all who care to choose a natural way to live. Black Rock City, in the desert outside of Gerlach, hosts Burning Man where clothing is optional.
- Blue Moon Resort in Las Vegas is a small resort hotel for gay men opened in 2003 with a clothing optional pool compound, steam room and Jacuzzi Grotto.
- Cedar Waters Village in Nottingham, NH has operated since 1950. It claims to be the Northeast's largest private nudist park having a 20-acre (8.1 ha) lake surrounded by over 350 acres (140 ha) of heavily wooded, private land with secluded roads and hiking trails. It is a family and traditional couples only park, and specifically not affiliated with any naturist group.
- Rock Lodge Club is a family-oriented nudist club on 145 acres of privately owned land in the Highlands forests of New Jersey, about 40 miles from Manhattan, New York.
- Gunnison Beach in Sandy Hook, New Jersey, a part of the National Park Service's multi-state Gateway National Recreation Area, is a clothing-optional beach by custom and is the largest such beach in the Northeastern United States (there are several other public beaches on Sandy Hook where nudity is not tolerated). In 1999, New Jersey passed a law a bill that prohibits all types of nudism on state or municipal beaches, making Gunnison Beach the only legal nude beach in the state, since it is on federal land not subject to state or municipal regulations. Gunnison Beach offers dramatic views of Brooklyn and the Verrazano Narrows Bridge and is officially recognized as clothing-optional with permanent park signs and full lifeguard and police protection. It is the largest clothing-optional beach on the Atlantic coast of the US, and draws more than 5,000 visitors per day on most sunny summer weekends.
- Sunset Beach on the west, bay side of Cape May. This is not a sanctioned nudist area (see previous), but nudity is commonplace here nevertheless.
- Sky Farm Club is a private cooperative in central New Jersey. Situated on 35 acres (14.2 ha) in Somerset County, Sky Farm has promoted family nudism since 1932.
- Goodland Country Club is a nudist club in Hackettstown.
- Ten Thousand Waves, Santa Fe, New Mexico. A family-friendly Japanese style mountain spa resort offering clothing optional hot tubs, saunas, cold plunges, and suntanning decks.
- Faywood Hot Springs, located north of Deming, is a camping resort with both clothing and clothing optional pools. RV, camping and cabin accommodations are offered for overnight guests.
- Young Naturists & Nudists America is a non-landed organization promoting the non sexual naturist lifestyle, focused to the young adult (21- to 35-year-old) demographic.
- Lighthouse Beach, Fire Island National Seashore, NY, a part of the National Park Service is just east of Robert Moses State Park on the barrier island known as Fire Island separated from the main part of Long Island with the Great South Bay between them. Officially recognized with signage, this beach was used by naturists since the 1950s. In February 2013, the Fire Island National Seashore announced its plans to being enforcing New York State's anti-nudity laws on Fire Island.
- Empire Haven in Moravia, NY.
- Full Tan Sun Club in Sprakers, NY.
- Juniper Woods in Catskill, NY.
- Bonita Nudist Retreat in Candor, NY. Formerly known as Buckridge Nudist Park.
- Steph's Pond Nudist Retreat in Williamson, NY.
- Cherry Grove Beach in Cherry Grove, NY on Fire Island. This is a largely gay oriented beach.
- Alice Falls, Keeseville, NY Family friendly nude sunbathing.
- Potters Falls in Ithaca, NY. While nudity is fairly common in Ithaca NY due to the laid back political environment, Potters Falls is the best-known skinny-dipping spot. And while's it's well-known, many people confuse where it actually is. When the Naturists have their annual North East festival (usually held at Empire Haven, see above) the first Wednesday of the festival traditionally features an excursion to Potters Falls.
Note: Due to a 1992 Court of Appeals ruling (People v. Santorelli et al.) women may be topless anywhere in the state of New York that permits topless men, e.g. on city streets.
Bird Island is located at the southernmost area of the coast near Little River Inlet jetty. It is rumored to have enough privacy to allow for nudity. Keep in mind, though, this region is only known for its privacy and not legally as an area designate for public nudity. When it was a privately owned area, it was rumored that nudists would not have to fear persecution by state law. Bird Island, currently being state owned property, though, now falls under North Carolina law. Public nudity is considered indecent exposure in North Carolina under * § 14-190.9 which states that
"(a) Unless the conduct is punishable under subsection (a1) of this section, any person who shall willfully expose the private parts of his or her person in any public place and in the presence of any other person or persons, except for those places designated for a public purpose where the same sex exposure is incidental to a permitted activity, or aids or abets in any such act, or who procures another to perform such act; or any person, who as owner, manager, lessee, director, promoter or agent, or in any other capacity knowingly hires, leases or permits the land, building, or premises of which he is owner, lessee or tenant, or over which he has control, to be used for purposes of any such act, shall be guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor."
Whispering Pines Nudist Resort is located in close proximity to Bird Island, NC in Ocean Isle Beach. Whispering Pines is privately owned property with facilities located on a 35 acre park which includes a one acre pond, swimming pool, hot tub, and a 30' by 100' heated and air conditioned clubhouse which is open year round. Park accommodations also feature the option to rent an RV which sleeps sleep two to six people. RV's include a living room, full kitchen, dining area, two bedrooms, shower and sun deck. They also offer RV spaces with hook ups and tent campsites both with or without electricity. Fees are listed on their website. A membership to the AANR or annual membership, offer discounted fees.
Near Reidsville, NC is another privately owned colony known as The Bar-S-Ranch. The Bar-S-Ranch is a cattle ranch which was converted by its original owners decades ago to a naturism retreat. It is a private, club with a large lake and clubhouse and other amenities and activities which are frequently updated on the ranch's website. Owners require a 'trial membership' for first time visitors, and even offers a few encouraging words about common hesitations on the left panel of their site. Like Whispering Pines, The Bar-S-Ranch offers tent and RV hookups as well as discounts for AANR members as well as a ranch membership and the option to rent a single lot annually. Tent and RV electrical hookups require a reservation be made, and prospective members must have a valid Discover, MasterCard or Visa to provide a security deposit on the gate key card.
- Oaklake Trails in Depew, Oklahoma. Oaklake Trails is a clothing-optional family nudist resort located between Tulsa and Oklahoma City near the town of Depew, Oklahoma. At over 400 acres (161.9 ha), Oaklake is one of the largest land-area nudist resorts in the United States. Amenities include hiking trails, a fully furnished clubhouse with community kitchen, outdoor pool, dozens of RV hookups with 30 or 50 amp electric and water, acres of space for tent camping (some areas with electric hookups), rentable tents, and a rentable cabin suite.
- Nature's Hideaway Nudist Resort in Osage, Oklahoma. If you're seeking a blend of Mother Nature's best offerings, old-fashioned hospitality, in a quiet secluded place with the opportunity to get right next to nature, look no further. Nestled near Keystone Lake about thirty-five minutes West of Tulsa, Oklahoma is a truly unique Nudist resort waiting for your discovery. Located on thirty three picturesque acres in the beautiful Osage hill country near Walnut Creek State Park is "Nature's Hideaway Nudist Resort".
- Squaw Mountain Ranch (SMR) – The first and oldest nudist resort west of the Mississippi. Established in 1933 and nestled in the Oregon Cascades, SMR offers a touch of unspoiled wilderness combined with many of the features of modern resorts. Camping, RV spots, and Lodge rooms are available all year around. Resort features a swimming lake, full rec. room, hot tubs, and other amenities.
- The Willamettans – Nudist resort in Springfield, near Eugene, featuring camping and RV spots, heated outdoor swimming pool (covered with a dome in Winter), hot tub, club house, game room, and restaurant/bar.
- Rooster Rock State Park along the Columbia River.
- Collins Beach on Sauvie Island near Portland.
- Bare Lake in Southern Oregon near Howard Prairie Lake.
- Bagby Hot Springs
- Cougar Hot Springs
- Breitenbush Hot Springs has a clothing-optional policy for all hot springs pools and tubs.
- Glassbar Island Beach, near Eugene, Oregon on the Willamette River
- Terwilliger Hot Springs
- Mountaindale Sun Resort (formerly Restful Haven Nudist Resort) in North Plains, Oregon
- Sunny Rest in Palmerton, Pennsylvania.
- See West Penn Naturist Links.
- White Thorn Lodge in the Pittsburgh suburb of South Beaver Township, Beaver County, Pennsylvania
- Pen Mar Club in the Western Pennsylvania town of Warfordsburg, Pennsylvania.
- Beechwood in the Allentown, Pennsylvania suburb of Lehighton.
- Dyer Woods Nudist Campground in Foster in the western part of the state. It is a family oriented nudist campground, rather than clothing optional.
- Carolina Foothills Resort in Chesnee, South Carolina
- Cedar Creek Park in Pelion, South Carolina
- Sunair Health Club in Graniteville, South Carolina
- Travelites Nudist Club in Columbia, South Carolina
- Bird Island Located on the North Side of Little River Inlet Jetty
- Nudist beach Located at Sunset Beach, North Carolina Southern most Beach Area near Little River South Carolina Inlet Jetty (AKA Bird Island, North Carolina)
- Hippie Hollow Park, on the shore of Lake Travis northwest of Austin.
- High Island, between Winnie and Rollover Pass. At the junction of Highway 124 and Highway 87, the portion of Highway 87 to the east has been closed since 1990 due to hurricane damage. Approximately 1–5 miles (1.6–8.0 km) east of the junction is an area that has become an unofficial nude beach. Galveston County follows Texas state law for Indecent exposure, which allows women to remain topfree unless someone complains and they are instructed to cover up, and full nudity under certain non-sexual circumstances. Full nudity is completely illegal, and will be ticketed if caught, by Parks and Game Wardens.
- There is an unofficial nude beach approximately 12 miles (19 km) north of South Padre Island.
- Natures Resort in Edcouch, Texas.
- Riverside Ranch in Elmendorf, Texas.
- Bluebonnet Nudist Resort in Alvord, Texas.
- Wildwood Naturist's Resort in Decatur, Texas.
- Emerald Lake Nudist Resort in Porter, Texas.
- Sandpipers Resort in Edinburg, Texas.
- Sahnoans at Star Ranch in McDade, Texas.
- The Armadillo Resort in Poolville, Texas.
- Topless sunbathing is allowed at the far west end of the Flight Park State Recreation Area in Draper. Map to Park
taken at Lake Powell b
Vermont state law prohibits disrobing in public but does not prohibit public nudity, so nudity is allowed anywhere that it has not been specifically prohibited by a city or town. The city of Burlington, for example, has prohibited nudity in public parks, but nudity is allowed anywhere else in the city. Specific locations at which individuals practice social nudity include:
- Abbotts Glen in Halifax.
- Coventry Club and Resort Coventry Club & Resort is a family oriented nudist resort in Milton.
- The Ledges, on the Harriman Reservoir in Wilmington.
- Red Rocks Park in South Burlington.
- Starr Farm Beach in Burlington.
- Knight Island, an island in Lake Champlain just off of St. Albans.
- The Southwest Cove at Lake Willoughby in the town of Westmore is a traditionally clothing-optional beach area located on state land. The Westmore selectboard has declined to enact any anti-nudity ordinance. At the annual town meeting in 2009, residents voted against an appropriation that would have enabled enforcement of any proposed anti-nudity ordinance. Thus, the beach remains clothing-optional.
- Maple Glen in Sheldon Springs, Vermont. This family oriented nudist camp is closed since May 2010 due to water quality issues. In April 2010 the camp applied for an Act 250 permit to approve already existing buildings on the property.
- The Punchbowl on the Mad River between the intersection of VT Rt17 and Warren, VT is a privately owned nude swimming hole, open to anyone. It's on the west side of Route 100, and you need to walk through a short field before encountering signs explaining that there is public nudity, and explaining the guidelines for swimming there. It's mostly just common courtesy, and there is usually a wide array of swimmers, from single men and women to entire families. There are a couple small waterfalls, a couple deep pools, and a small slide to slide down during moderate to high water periods. The water is cool, crystal clear and very refreshing. Swimmers should plan to swim nude, since visitors that swim there in a bathing suit tend to be looked at with some suspicion that they are only there to 'observe' the other nude swimmers.
- Avalon Resort in Paw Paw, West Virginia. 
- Mazo Beach on the Wisconsin River.
- Valley View Recreation Club near Cambridge.
- Sun Ray Hills Nudist Camp near Burlington.
- Aurora Gardens Nude Retreat near Northfield.
- Camp NCN in Black River Falls claims to be a "sexual freedom" campground, allowing not only nudity, but also public sexual activity on the grounds. The encouragement of public sexual activity is contrary to traditional naturism.
- Cedar Hills Campground – Mazomanie, WI
United States Virgin Islands
- Little Magen's Bay Beach
- St. John's Salomon Beach can be clothing optional in spite of "No Nudity" postings.
- "International Naturist Federation". Inffni.org. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Top Caribbean Nude Beaches - Best Topless and Nude Beaches in the Caribbean". Gocaribbean.about.com. 2012-04-09. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- "Nude Beaches in the Bahamas". Honeymoons.about.com. 2013-04-10. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- "Federation of Canadian Naturists". Fcn.ca. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "NetNude portal". Netnude.com. December 24, 1997. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Top-Free Equal Rights Association". Tera.ca. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Surrey's United Naturists News".
- "CLOTHING OPTIONAL BEACHES - ONTARIO". The Federation of Canadian Naturists. Retrieved July 22, 2012.
- "NetNude – Oka (Quebec) Report". Netnude.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Womens Clothing Fashion Clothing, Shoes & Accessories with cheap Women's Clothing". Topfreedom.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- Jefferson Mendoza / Ottawa / Thursday, June 8, 2006 (June 8, 2006). "NCC freezes out nude sunbathers". Xtra.ca. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Fcn". Fcn.ca. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- Montezuma Beach in Costa Rica About.com. Retrieved: 2013-05-04.
- [dead link]
- "Nude Beaches in Jamaica". Honeymoons.about.com. 2013-04-10. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- "Nude Beaches in Central America - Are There Nude Beaches in Central America". Gocentralamerica.about.com. 2013-02-25. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- "American Association for Nude Recreation". Aanr.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "The Naturist Society". The Naturist Society. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- Seale, Michael (June 17, 2001). "A glance at state's only nudist camp". Daily Home, The (Talladega, AL) (living section). Retrieved December 30, 2011.
- "Gymno-Vita Park". Gvpark.com. July 16, 2011. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- Coe, Richard (July 11, 1993). "THE NAKED TRUTH". Anniston Star, The (AL) (News). Retrieved December 30, 2011.
- "Alaskan Naturist Resort. Could it be?". Retrieved January 26, 2012.
- "Shangri La Ranch". Shangri La Ranch. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Mira Vista Resort". Mira Vista Resort. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Arkansas State Laws". Naturistaction.org. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- Newell, Leslie. "www.arktimes.com Arktimes". Arktimes.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- Malloy, Betsy. "Humboldt County Nude Beaches". About.com. Retrieved March 21, 2011.
- Hanauer, Gary (January 5, 2010). "Baker's Beach". San Francisco Bay Guardian. Retrieved March 21, 2011.
- "Baker Beach". Humboldt North Coast Land Trust. Retrieved March 21, 2011.
- "Livingwaters spa". Livingwaters spa. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Desert Sun Resort".
- "Sunny fun". Sunny fun. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Deep Creek Volunteers".
- "Olive Dell Ranch". Olive Dell Ranch. July 10, 2010. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "DeAnza Sprngs Resort". Deanzasprings.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- Malloy, Betsy. "Baker Beach – Nude Beach Profile – Baker Beach". About.com. Retrieved March 21, 2011. "Stay in the nude section north of the Hazardous Surf sign, or the rangers may cite you."
- "North Baker Beach". San Francisco Bay Guardian. January 4, 2010. Retrieved March 21, 2011.
- Baker Beach
- "Land's End Beach". San Francisco Bay Guardian. January 4, 2010. Retrieved March 18, 2011. "Shorts, swimsuit, even work clothes during a quick lunch break – they all can be removed at this delightful cove, which features a mix of sand and rocks, plus some of San Francisco's best views."
- "Clothing optional". Gocalifornia.about.com. September 21, 2011. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- California Code of Regulations, sect. 4322
- Too Much To Bare? August 11, 2009 Santa Barbara Independent
- "Lupin Lodge". Lupin Lodge. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Mountain Air Ranch". Trynude.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Orvis Hot Springs". Orvis Hot Springs. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Valley View Hot Springs". Olt.org. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Desert Reef Hot Spring". Desert Reef Hot Spring. September 14, 2011. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- Dakota Hot Springs
- "Sun Ridge Nudist Resort". Sunridge1.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Solair Recreation League / Solair Family Nudist Resort". Solairrl.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "splash naked! Florida Young Naturists". Retrieved January 25, 2012.
- Belkin, Douglass (May 2, 2011). "Wearing Only a Smile, Nudists Seek Out the Young and the Naked". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved January 25, 2012. "Robbe White, 27 years old, attended a winter festival at Sunsport Gardens in 2009 and was one of a handful of people younger than 35. "I thought, 'This is ridiculous'", he said. "I wanted to bring people my own age in to see what it was about." He founded the Florida Young Naturists, opened a Facebook account and organized the first Spring Break Bash at Sunsport Gardens for people under 30."
- "Next Generation Naturists". Retrieved March 25, 2013.
- "Paradise Pines RV Park". Retrieved January 25, 2012.
- "The Woods RV Park and Model Resort". Retrieved August 9, 2012.
- "Playalinda Beach Journal". New York Times. July 16, 1995. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Lake Como Family Nudist Resort". Lakecomonaturally.com. March 3, 2011. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Paradise Lakes". Paradise Lakes. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Key West Private Sailing Charters". Sail-nude.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Florida Keys Naturists". Florida Keys Naturists. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Apollo Beach – Canaveral National Seashore (National Park Service) – New Smyrna Beach, FL". Nps.gov. July 5, 2011. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "SunSport Gardens - Family Naturist Resort in Palm Beach county".
- "Riviera Naturist Resort".
- Johnston, Lori (April 5, 2010). "Q&A on the News". Atlanta Journal-Constitution, The (GA) (News). pp. A2. Retrieved May 11, 2012. "We identified five clothing-optional camps in Georgia..."
- "AANR Clubs: Georgia". American Association for Nude Recreation. Retrieved May 12, 2012.
- "naturist NETWORK". The Naturist Society. Winter 2011. Retrieved May 11, 2012.
- "AANR Clubs: Florida". American Association for Nude Recreation. Retrieved May 12, 2012.
- "Mountain Creek Grove". Retrieved May 11, 2012.
- "Paradise Valley Resort and Club". Paradisevalleyclub.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- Ranieri, Tina (May 15, 2010). "Nude roller skating". Atlanta Examiner (GA) (Atlanta Roller Derby Examiner). Retrieved May 11, 2012. "Paradise Valley Resort and Club, Dawsonville, Ga, is a family resort and club, but tends to be an older crowd. Three years ago, Joe Lettelleir, a St. Petersburg, Fla., developer, purchased the resort and made major improvements to the tune of a $32 million construction of 152 condominium units and 45 town homes. Lettelleir already has built a new clubhouse and indoor pool."
- "Once-reclusive nudists opening up to outside world". LaGrange Daily News (GA) (News). October 15, 2006. pp. A004. Retrieved May 11, 2012. "On weekends, the Valley's three pools are standing-room only, and the diner (motto: "No top, no shoes, no problem") is packed."
- "Sun Meadows Resort". Retrieved December 6, 2008.
- "Blue Lake Resort". Blue Lake Resort. October 11, 2011. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "NudeDudes Chicago". NudeDudes Chicago. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Our Haven Nature Sanctuary". Ourhaven.info. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Drakes Ridge Rustic Nudist Retreat". Drakesridge.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Fern Hills Club". Fern Hills Club. September 13, 2007. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Lake O' Woods Club". Lowc.org. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Ponderosa Sun Club". Ponderosa Sun Club. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Sunshower Country Club". Sunshower.com. August 14, 2011. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Sunny Haven Recreation Park". Sunnyhaven.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Camp Gaea Forums - FAQ". Camp Gaea. Retrieved January 3, 2012. "Is Camp Gaea a Nudist Camp? NO, Camp Gaea is designed as a recreational retreat center for the purpose of cultural and spiritual education. As such, the camp promotes tolerance, acceptance and respect between groups and individuals. We neither promote nor discourage nudity as it is a personal and spiritual choice. However, clothing is required in many places, such as in public buildings, on or along the main access roads, and open areas adjacent to property fence lines. As such, if you are walking and enjoying Gaea, you should have suitable clothing to cover when in areas where required as well as provide some clothing or material to sit on."
- "Lake Edun". Lake Edun. September 9, 2010. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- Rock, Steve (September 1, 2004). "Nudists lay bare their lifestyle - "This only seems weird to the uninformed", club members say". Kansas City Star, The (MO) (News). pp. A1. Retrieved May 6, 2012. "While certainly not common, recreational areas for nudists are not unheard of in Missouri and Kansas. There is Show Me Acres, the aptly named resort in Stover. In Kansas, the Sandy Lane Club in Hutchinson and Prairie Haven in Scranton are, like Show Me Acres, members of the American Association for Nude Recreation and offer resort- or campground-type settings."
- "Prairie Haven". Prairie Haven. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Sandy Lane Club". Sandy Lane Club. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Indian Hills Family Nudist Park". Indian Hills Family Nudist Park. Retrieved July 27, 2012.
- Maine Male Naturist Gay Men Clothing Optional Resort Lodge Camping Getaway
- http://www.marylandnudism.com/ MARNA
- "http://www.ramblewood.com/ Camp Ramblewood". Ramblewood.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "http://www.maheso-naturally.org/ MaHeSo". Maheso-naturally.org. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "http://www.pinetreeclub.org/ Pine Tree Associates". Pinetreeclub.org. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Sandy Terraces Assoc - Home". Sandyterraces.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Sunclad". Sunclad. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Longnook Beach Review". Fodor's. Retrieved January 26, 2012.
- "Berkshire Vista Nudist Resort - Home Page". Berkshirevista.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Nantucket Independent". Nantucket Independent. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Boston plus". Boston plus. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "mvtimes". mvtimes. August 31, 2006. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- Chilmark MA Beach rules
- "Martha's Vineyard's Best Boat Charter – Relaxation/Adventure/Leisure/Fun/Luxury cruises | Day Sail |Party Boat | Tours". Mvboat.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Turtle Lake Resort". Retrieved July 18, 2011.
- "Welcome to Northaven Resort!". Retrieved July 18, 2011.
- "Welcome to the Cherry Lane Nudist Resort Homepage". Retrieved July 18, 2011.
- "Forest Hills Nudist Club and Campground". Retrieved July 18, 2011.
- "Spruce Hollow, Naturist Campground". Retrieved July 18, 2011.
- "Avatan Largest and Most Friendly Nudist Club". Retrieved November 22, 2011.
- "Welcome to Oakwood Club". Retrieved November 22, 2011.
- "Two Creeks Clothing Optional Community and Campground in Minnesota.". Retrieved May 2, 2013.
- "Forty Acre Club". Forty Acre Club. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Home Page / Show Me Acres Nudist Resort". Showmeacresnudistresort.com. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- Rock, Steve (September 1, 2004). "Nudists lay bare their lifestyle - `This only seems weird to the uninformed,' club members say". Kansas City Star, The (MO) (News). pp. A1. Retrieved May 6, 2012. "Locally, there is a group of Kansas City area nudists called the Heartland Naturists . They get together for regular swims and an annual 5-kilometer run."
- "Secret Cove, Nevada". Secret Cove, Nevada. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "The Washo Project Online Dictionary". Retrieved 2012-05-27.
- Padgett, Sonya (February 16, 2003). "Blue Moon Resort hailed as a milestone for valley". Las Vegas Review-Journal. pp. Feature 1J. Retrieved December 29, 2011.
- "Blue Moon Resort - The Hotel for Men in Las Vegas!". Retrieved December 29, 2011.
- "Cedar Waters Village". Nhnude.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- Nanos, Janelle (July 31, 2007). "In 39 Years, There's Little a Lifeguard Doesn't See". New York Times. Retrieved August 21, 2007. "But it was with the creation of Gunnison Beach, the only clothing-optional section of New Jersey's shoreline, that it became safe to say that Tom McLaughlin had seen everything. ... On a recent Saturday, he stopped at Gunnison Beach to survey the scene. At this Eden with umbrellas, some of the naturists were engaged in an intense round of volleyball, while others happily lounged without the fear of tan lines. A new visitor approached and asked Mr. McLaughlin why everyone seemed to be on the right side of the beach."
- "Sky Farm". Sky Farm. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Goodland Country Club & Spa". Goodlandcc.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Ten Thousand Waves". Ten Thousand Waves. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Faywood Hot Springs". Retrieved March 26, 2012.
- "WELCOME TO Lighthouse Beach Fire Island". Travasuns.org. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Empire Haven Nudist Park". Empirehaven.homestead.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Full Tan Sun Club". Fulltansunclubofny.com. May 1, 2011. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Juniper Woods". Juniper Woods. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Bonita Nudist Retreat". Bonitanudistresort.com. July 22, 2010. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Steph's Pond Nudist Retreat". Carbonbuttprints.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- Collins, Andrew. "Gay Beach at Cherry Grove". About.com. Retrieved March 29, 2011. "The beautiful clothing-optional beach at Cherry Grove..."
- "Ithaca News Video on nudity in Ithaca's gorges".
- "North Carolina Nudity Laws". Community Walk Inc. Retrieved 1/4/2013.
- "Green Valley". Greenvalleyinc.net. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- Web Easy Professional Avanquest Software (July 28, 2011). "Paradise Gardens". Nudelife.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Cedar Trails". Cedartrailsnudistretreat.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Oak Lake Trails". Oak Lake Trails. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- Squaw Mountain Ranch Family Nudist Campsite Resort. "Squaw Mountain Ranch". Squawmt.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "The Willamettans". The Willamettans. October 11, 2011. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Bagby Hot Springs".
- "Clothing Optional Sunny Rest Nudist Resort in Pocono's Pennsylvania". Sunnyrest.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Web Design by Dana". "Westpenn naturist". Westpenn naturist. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- Whitethorn Lodge.
- "Welcome to The Pen-Mar Club". Pen-mar.com. May 26, 2011. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Beechwood". Sites.google.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Dyer Woods Nudist Campground". Dyerwoodscamp.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Hippie Hollow/McGregor Park". Hippiehollow.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- Naked in Vermont
- "Abbotts Glen". Abbotts Glen. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Coventry Club & Resort". Coventryresort.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Friends of The Ledges". Ledges.dimentech.com. July 7, 1971. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- Naked In Vermont Library – THE LEDGES Wilmington, Vermont
- "SwimmingHole.info Burlington Area". Swimmingholes.org. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- Naked In Vermont Library – STARR FARM BEACH Burlington, Vermont
- Naked In Vermont Library – KNIGHT ISLAND Saint Albans Bay, Vermont
- Maple Glen, Vermont's Best Kept Secret
- "Today In Brief". St. Albans Messenger (VT) (News). April 26, 2010. pp. 1A. "SHELDON – Maple Glen, Inc., located on Maple Glen Road in Sheldon has applied for an Act 250 permit to approve the construction of nearly a dozen already existing buildings on the property."
- "White Tail Resort - A Virginia Family Nudist Resort since 1984". Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- "Valley View Recreation Club". Vvrc.org. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Sun Ray Hills Nudist Camp". Sunrayhills.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Aurora Gardens Nude Retreat". Auroragardens.org. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "About Camp NCN". Camp NCN. July 15, 2009. Retrieved December 31, 2011. "Camp NCN is an Adult 18+ Sexual Freedom Campground, Nudity is welcome here, but we are more than a Nudist Camp. We are a mixture of Nudist, Voyeurs, Exhibitionist, and Swingers, joined in one campground, to enjoy what ever your fantasies are."
- "ADULT-THEMED RESORT PROMOTES SPICY WEEKENDS". Wisconsin State Journal (Madison, WI) (Local). May 20, 2007. pp. D3. Retrieved December 31, 2011.