List of statues of Vladimir Lenin
In the Soviet Union, many cities had statues and monuments of Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov, the revolutionary and leader of the Russian SFSR, better known by the nom de plume Lenin. With the dissolution of the Soviet Union in 1991, many of them were broken with no permission from their authors. This happened even earlier in the European post-Communist states and in the Baltic states. However, in many of the former Soviet Republics (namely Russia, Belarus and Ukraine) many remain, and some new ones have been erected.
In Ukraine Lenin monuments and other Soviet-era monuments are still being removed. But on the occasion of the 139th anniversary of Lenin two new Lenin monuments were erected in Luhansk Oblast.
Former Soviet Republics
- Baku - the central monument once was in front of the then and current Government House. It was removed during the mass uprisings of 1990.
- Jõhvi: 1953–1991, sculptors Enn Roos, Arseni Mölder, Signe Mölder.
- Kohtla-Järve: 1950–1992, copy of statue in Jõhvi.
- Kallaste: 1988–19??
- Narva: 1957–1993, sculptor Olav Männi.
- 1981–1990, sculptor Matti Varik, a replica of a monument built in Kotka in 1979.
- Tallinn: 1950–1991, sculptor Nikolai Tomsky.
- Baikonur - located in the central square of the city.
- Druskininkai: 1981, sculptor N.Petrulis.
- Jonava: 1984, sculptor K.Bogdanas.
- Kaunas: 1970, sculptor N.Petrulis.
- Klaipėda: 1976-1991, sculptor G.Jokubonis.
- Palanga: 1977, sculptor Yevgeny Vuchetich
- Panevėžys: 1983, sculptor G. Jokubonis.
- Šiauliai: 1970, sculptors A. Toleikis and D. Lukosevicius.
- Vilnius: 1952-1991, sculptor Nikolai Tomsky
- Vilnius: 1979, "Lenin and Kapsukas in Poronino", sculptor K. Bogdanas.
All statues were taken down after 1991, most eventually winding up in Grutas Park; they were all erected during the Soviet period and stood, among other places, in Vilnius (capital, at least two statues, one of them together with Lithuanian communist leader Kapsukas), Kaunas, Klaipėda, Šiauliai, Jonava, Druskininkai, Jurbarkas (the Jurbarkas Lenin is now part of an installation in Europos Parkas park in Vilnius).
- Chisinau: date unknown - at the Moldexpo site.
- Rybnitsa : date unknown - main square.
- Tiraspol (city in Transnistria region): - outside the Parliament and City Soviet building.
- Akhtubinsk a monument installed in the town center. VI Lenin.
- Almetyevsk a monument installed in the center of the city on Lenin Square.
- Arzamas 2 monuments in the city - the Cathedral Square and Peace Square.
- Arkhangelsk The city has several monuments. Only a few existing ones remain. The monument in the square is the last major monument to Lenin in the Soviet Union established (installed in 1988). In Solombala on the Square. Terekhina and on the street. Gagarin in the yard.
- Astrakhan monument installed in the square. VI Lenin.
- Balakovo, Saratov region: the city has 2 monuments.
- Barnaul in 4 monuments: three on the main avenue (square October, pl. Soviets intersection with the street. Anatolia), and one in Upland Park. Because of the drapery which is present in the composition of the monument near the street. Anatoly, a guide to Russian British publisher Lonely Planet has called the monument "Lenin Toreador"
- Belgorod 4 monuments in the city - the Cathedral Square (the former Revolution Square), in the Park. Lenin, near the now-current cinema "Falcon" and a bust in the Belgorod Dairy Plant (BMP).
- Berezniki Lenin Square (about Palace of Culture. Lenin).
- Bogoroditsk The town has a monument in the town center.
- Boksitogorsk The town has a monument in the central square (Lenin Square).
- Dubna (25 m, the second tallest; 15 m statue on a 10 m pedestal)
- Gelendzhik Lenin monument near the boarding house "Caucasus", st. Mayachnaya.
- The working village Settlement on Lenin Street has a monument to Lenin, set in contemporary Russia (established November 7, 2006). Sculptor - V. Fetisov.
- Dedovsk A small monument is located opposite the branch of RSCU in the street of Gagarin.
- Dzerzhinsk Located on Lenin Square. The authors of the improvement and development area are the architects Androsova GD and Sinyavsky EA Sculptor - Nelyubin BS opened in connection with the 100th anniversary of Vladimir Lenin in 1970.
- Dimitrovgrad Lenin monument is located in the town square - the square of the Soviets. It is also a statue of Lenin (in the form of the head) is located within the NCC them. Slavsky.
- Dmitry the monument installed in the historic district, the central square.
- Dubna the world's second largest statue of Lenin lies in the vicinity of the "Big Volga". Sculptor - SD Merkurov, height - 25 m (with pedestal - 37 m), weight - 540 tons. The monument was erected in 1937 on the banks of the Volga near the beginning of the Moscow Canal.  Simultaneously, on the other side was a monument to Stalin. After Stalin's death and exposing the "personality cult" monument was blown up, but the pedestal remained.
- Dudinka monument in front of the House of Culture.
- Dyatkovo Located on Lenin Square in the town center, next to buildings authorities.
- Ekaterinburg The main monument to Lenin Square is located at 1905, in front of City Hall; Secondary monuments to Lenin placed at the entrance of the Sverdlovsk Tools Factory Street. Frunze, the plant 'Em "on Viz-street and in the pine forest on the street. Roshinsky.
- Efremov - a park near the city administration. Also in the park near the police building.
- Izhevsk Monument to Lenin established in 1958 at the National Library of the Udmurt Republic. The work of sculptor PP Yatsynova architect LN Kulaga. Bronze and granite.
- Ishimbay Area them. Lenin (1966), the square on the street gutter.
- Lenin monument standing in the 1930-1951. May 1 in the square and then park in the former Theatre (now Liberty) Square
- The new statue of Lenin with bleachers installed in 1954 at what was then the main Freedom Square
- Monument young Vladimir Ulyanov (like Moscow) set in 1954 at University park on the street Kremlin
- Also a statue of Lenin stands in front of the Lenin House of Culture in Sotsgorod
- Kaliningrad city's major monument to Lenin by the sculptor VB Topuridze was installed at Victory Square in 1958. In 2005, during the reconstruction of the area of the monument was removed (allegedly temporarily, for the restoration), but after the reconstruction of the monument to the area has not returned. Mayor of Kaliningrad Yuri Savenko, put forward the idea of creating the city's Lenin Square, where he could be transferred to the monument. 
- Kaluga statue of Lenin in front of the regional administration in the area of old trades that previously had the name of the leader.
- Kamensk Shakhtinsky a monument to Lenin in the eponymous square, at the intersection of the main avenue of the city (Avenue of Karl Marx and Pushkin Street), next to the district council Kamensky district, Rostov region.
- Kemerovo Lenin monument in the Square of the Soviets. One night in 1993 local businessmen had made an unsuccessful attempt to demolish the monument.
- Kimry a monument placed in the town center.
- Kirov Theatre Square, XX Party Congress.
- Kolomna monument installed in the center of the square of the two revolutions.
- The main urban monument to Lenin (sculptor P. Sabsay, architect. A Giants) : Opened in 1956 on the square in front of the Communist Party Regional Committee (now the Legislative Assembly of Krasnodar Region - KYC), according to government decree of the RSFSR. At the end of July 2007 the monument was dismantled under the pretext of reconstruction of the architectural ensemble of the square before the Legislative Assembly. However, the restored monument to the city authorities moved on the forecourt, in front of the Legislative Assembly and a monument to Catherine II. Moving the monument prompted an outcry from the townspeople: According to law enforcement agencies, the Communists and other patriotic organizations organized picket lines several times in front of the Legislative Assembly demanding the return of the monument in its place.
- The oldest statue of Lenin in Krasnodar (sculptor K. Dietrich)  is in the park to them. VI Lenin (on the street. Vishnyakova). The monument was in 1925, that is, a year after the death of the leader of the Soviet state. A decision on its creation was accepted January 23, 1924 at a meeting of workers of Krasnodar. Built on donations of the people.
- Krasnoturinsk Lenin monument installed in front of the city administration in the city centre.
- Krasnoyarsk Lenin statue is on Revolution Square in the city centre.
- Krasnoznamensk (Moscow region) is set before the House of Culture (House of the garrison officers).
- Kursk Lenin monument is installed in front of the city administration in the city centre.
- Saint-Petersburg Vladimir Lenin giving a speech from an armored car monument is present in the city on Ploshchad Lenina (Lenin Square) next to Finland Railway Station.
- Simferopol (capital of Crimea)
- Veliky Novgorod,two monuments - the Sofia area (established in April 1928, lost by war, restored in 1958), in Street Trading Ivanskoy side.
- Vladikavkaz (sculptor ZI Azgur, architect G. Zakharov) is open on Lenin Square in front of the Russian Drama Theatre. Vakhtangov in 1957. In 1993, twice blown up and subsequently restored.
- Volgograd (27 m, the tallest).now in five sites:
- «Great Lenin" - Liberty Square (the intersection of Victory Avenue and the streets of the World)
- «Little Lenin" - the Children's park named after Alexander Pushkin.
- A monument in the main building of the Volgograd State Technical University.
- 2 monuments in car-repair factory.
- Lenin monument at the entrance of the Volga-Don channel - set in the Krasnoarmeysk area (height pedestal - 30 meters, the sculpture - 27 meters. Sculptor - EV Vucetich. listed in the Guinness Book of Records as the highest monument of a man who lived reality . It is interesting that earlier on the same pedestal, was a monument to Stalin.
- In the central region on Lenin Square on the 90th anniversary of the monument to Lenin. Sculptor - EV Vucetic.
- In the central region, in the park opposite the building of regional administration.
- The Post Office building is a statue of Lenin.
- Monument to Lenin Square.
- A monument in the town square - Red (set in 1957)
- The bust in the house-museum of Lenin
- Yakutsk - Lenin statue in Lenin Square, in the centre of the city.
- Zheleznogorsk (Krasnoyarsk region) - Lenin Square opposite the Palace of Culture. There was also the now dismantled joint statue of Lenin and Stalin.
- Ashgabat, the monument was erected in 1927 in the heart of the city.
Main article: List of Communist monuments in Ukraine
- Kiev (capital), located in front of Besarabsky Market, erected in the 1950s. (Torn down by Ukrainian protesters on December 8, 2013)
- Kharkiv: At the Freedom Square, erected in 1964.
- Kotovsk; (Torn down by unknown December 8, 2013)
- Donetsk: A statue of Lenin is located at the Lenin Square.
- Mariupol: A statue of Lenin was located at the Lenin Avenue (torn down by unknown August 15, 2014).
Other Communist and post-communist states
- East Germany: Berlin (1970) by Nikolai Tomski granite, 19m, Leninplatz, removed in 1992 and buried outside Berlin; a bust of Lenin can still be seen on the wall of the former swimming pool of the Russian Embassy on Behrenstrasse and there is a stained glass window of Lenin in the Old Library on Bebelplatz. One statue of Lenin (approximately 2:1) is still standing in Brommystrasse (corner Köpenickerstrasse) in the yard of a removal company.
- Ethiopia: Meskel Square, Addis Ababa. The first Lenin statue in Africa, this monument was constructed in October 1983. The statue was toppled with the fall of the Derg government in 1991.
- Hungary: Érd (Statue Park)
- Mongolia: Ulaanbaatar, in front of Ulaanbaatar Hotel and in close proximity to the Mongolian People's Party headquarters (removed on October 14, 2012). In a speech during the removal ceremony, mayor Erdeniin Bat-Üül denounced Lenin and his fellow communists as "murderers".
- Poland: Kraków (in Nowa Huta district, pulled down in December 1989), Poronin (removed in 1990)
- Romania: Bucharest (built in front of Casa Presei Libere in April 1960, pulled down in March 1990)
- Vietnam: Hanoi (Dien Bien Phu Street, adjacent to the Vietnamese Army museum)
Other non-Communist states
- United Kingdom:
- London Islington Museum, 245 St John Street, Islington. Bust by Lubetkin commissioned by the UK Government during the war in tribute to the efforts of the Soviet Union. It was placed in Holford Square (briefly Lenin's home when he lived in London) and unveiled in 1942. It was a supposed focal point of a new housing development to be named 'Lenin Court' but the bust became a target of fascist sympathisers and was frequently daubed with anti-Communist and anti-semitic messages, even in the months after the liberation of Belsen and Auschwitz. Lubetkin had the bust removed and when the housing development was completed in the late 1940s, it was renamed 'Bevin Court'. The bust was displayed in Islington Town Hall for many years and is now on permanent display in the museum.
- Belfast - The Kremlin Bar, a gay bar, has a statue of Lenin welcoming partygoers over the main entrance.
- Denmark: Hørsholm (1986 - 1996: today located at the Worker's Museum, Copenhagen.)
- France, in Montpellier
- Greece, Athens: Front of the Headquarters building of the Communist Party of Greece
- Kolkata - at the mouth of Lenin Sarani in Esplanade.,
- New Delhi
- Nehru Park: The life size statue of Lenin is located in Nehru Park, Delhi, Chanakyapuri>>. The statue was installed on Ist November 1987 during the 70th anniversary of October Revolution. It was unveiled by then Soviet Premier Nikolai Ryzhkov, Indian Prime-minister Rajiv Gandhi and his wife Sonia Gandhi. Every year on 22 April members of Communist Party of India (Marxist) and other Left oriented Political parties visits the place to commemorate the Birth Anniversary of Lenin.
- AKG Bhawan: A large bust of Lenin is located in AKG Bhawan, the headquarters of Communist Party of India (Marxist) in New Delhi. This white coloured bust is installed right in front of the bust of A. K. Gopalan. Communist Party of the Soviet Union has gifted this bust to Communist Party of India (Marxist). Before its final installation in the year 2010 it remained isolated in backyard of Party Headquarters for several years.
- Netherlands: Enschede, in front of the TwentseWelle Museum. It was placed in the context of an exhibition about the GDR.
- Bust at Otxarkoaga district of Bilbao.
- United States:
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Statues of Lenin.|
- Gruto parkas has several Lenin statues:
- Monuments of Lenin
- List of Lenin monuments in the former GDR on "Kunst am Wege" (German)
- Lenin lives on in bronze and on screens around the world
-  The story of the Lenin bust in Islington, London
- Two Lenin monuments opened in Luhansk Oblast, UNIAN (April 22, 2008)
- In Kremenchug broke up a monument to Lenin, UNIAN photoservice (25-11-2008)
- Ukraine to remove 10 Soviet-era monuments, UNIAN (28-11-2008)
- Kai Aus (2010). "Maailmakultuuri ja ajaloo suurkujude mälestusmärgid Eestis" (in Estonian). Retrieved 8 September 2011.
- Vandals damage monument to Lenin in downtown Kyiv, Interfax-Ukraine (June 30, 2009)
Photos; Events by themes: In Kiev injured a monument to Lenin, UNIAN (June 30, 2009)
Monument to Lenin is damaged in Kyiv, UNIAN (July 1, 2009)
(Ukrainian) Події за темами: У Києві облили фарбою пам’ятник Леніну під час його відкриття після реставрації, UNIAN (November 27, 2009)
Monument to Lenin was opened with scandal, UNIAN (November 27, 2009)
Police detain two persons who threw bottle of paint at Lenin monument in Kyiv, Kyiv Post (November 27, 2009)
- "Ukrainian protesters topple Lenin statue in Kiev". Reuters. 2009-02-09. Retrieved 2013-12-10.
- "Twitter / KyivPost: Another #Lenin monument was". Twitter. Retrieved 2013-12-10.
- Mongolia capital Ulan-Bator removes Lenin statue. BBC News. 14 Oct 2012. Retrieved 30 Jan 2013
- Patman, Robert G. The Soviet Union in the Horn of Africa: The Diplomacy of Intervention and Disengagement. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2009. p. 267
- UPHEAVAL IN THE EAST; Lenin Statue in Mothballs, The New York Times, December 11, 1989
- "408232 in Belfast, United Kingdom". Lonely Planet. Retrieved 2013-12-10.
- De Twentsche Courant Tubantia 05 November 2009 Link Dutch language
- "Soviet icon surprises polar scientists". Stuff.co.nz. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- Här är Skånes Lenin 15 October 2008  Swedish language
- Man Fights to Have Lenin Statue Removed From Casino, Fox News (16JUN2008)
- Popik, Barry (2006-04-10). "The Big Apple: Red Square (and the Lenin statue)". Barrypopik.com. Retrieved 2013-12-10.
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- Tumarkin, Nina. Lenin Lives!: The Lenin Cult in Soviet Russia (Harvard University Press, 1983).