List of submarine museums
This is a list of museums that include submarines that can either be toured or viewed on display.
- HMAS Onslow — Australian National Maritime Museum, Sydney, Australia - Oberon-class sub. Launched 1968.
- HMAS Otway — Holbrook, New South Wales, Australia - Oberon-class sub. Launched 1966.
- HMAS Ovens — Western Australian Maritime Museum, Fremantle, Australia - Oberon-class sub. Launched 1967.
- M-14/M-21 — Australian War Memorial, Canberra, Australia – a Japanese Ko-hyoteki class midget submarine made out of two sunk during a raid on Sydney Harbour in 1942
- M-21 conning tower — on display at the Royal Australian Navy Heritage Centre on Garden Island.
- B-821 (sometimes called B-143) — Seafront Zeebrugge, Zeebrugge, Belgium - Foxtrot-class sub. Launched 1960.
Riachuelo (Oberon class submarine) - Navy Cultural Centre in Rio de Janeiro - Brazilian_submarine_Riachuelo_(S22), Launched in 1975, decommissioned 1997.
- RV Ben Franklin — Vancouver Maritime Museum, Vancouver, BC, Canada - Deep ocean explorer
- HMCS Onondaga (S73) - Oberon class — Site Historique Maritime de la Pointe-au-Père, Pointe-au-Père (near Rimouski) Quebec, Canada
- HMCS Ojibwa (S72) - Oberon class - sold to Elgin Military Museum in Port Burwell, Ontario; currently being restored and opened for tours officially as Museum of Naval History on July 6, 2013
- Le Redoutable (S 611) — Cité de la Mer, Cherbourg — Missile-launching nuclear submarine.
- Alose — exhibited at Comex's headquarters, Marseille — Naïade-class submarine of 1904 .
- Argonaute (S636) — Cité des sciences et de l'industrie, Paris — 1959 Aréthuse class submarine
- Espadon S637 — Saint-Nazaire — French Narval-class submarine, launched 1958.
- Flore S645 — Lorient — French Daphnee-class submarine, launched 1961.
- U-1 — Deutsches Museum, Munich, Germany — first German military submarine, commissioned 1906.
- U-995 — Laboe, Germany — only surviving Type VII U-boat
- U-2540 — Bremerhaven, Germany - Deutsches Schiffahrtsmuseum (German Maritime Museum German submarine Wilhelm Bauer) — only surviving Type XXI U-boat
- S-18 — British Oberon-Class Submarine, launched 1963 - Sassnitz, Germany 
- U-461 — Russian Juliett-Class (Projekt 651) Cold War Submarine - Peenemünde, Germany 
- U-434 — Russian Tango-Class (Projekt 641b) Cold War Submarine - Hamburg Harbour, Germany 
- U-9 — German 1960s Cold War Submarine and German WWII Midget-Submarine "Seehund" - Speyer Technik-Museum, Germany 
- U-10 — German 1960s Cold War Submarine - Wilhelmshaven, Germany
- U-11 — German 1960s Cold War Submarine - Fehmarn, Germany 
- INS Kursura (S20) — Ramakrishna Mission Beach, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. Service: 1969-2001.
- INS Vela (S40) — Tamil Nadu. Service: 1973-2010.
- KRI Pasopati (410) — Indonesian Navy Submarine Monument, Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia — Early Cold War Soviet Whiskey class submarine. Launched 1952. 
- INS Gal — Clandestine Immigration and Navy Museum, Haifa, Israel - Gal-class sub. Launched 1975.
- Enrico Toti (S-506) — Museo Nazionale della Scienza e della Tecnologia "Leonardo da Vinci", Milan, Italy - Toti-class sub. Launched 1967.
- Nazario Sauro (S-518) — Galata - Museo del mare, Genoa, Italy - Sauro-class sub. Launched 1976.
- JDS Akishio — JMSDF Kure Museum, Kure, Japan - Yushio-class sub. Launched 1985.
- HA-18 — Japanese Type 'A' Midget Submarine, used at Pearl Harbor, TH, 7 December 1941. Now at The Naval History Museum, Etajima, Japan.
- HNLMS Tonijn (S-805) — Dutch Naval Museum, Den Helder, The Netherlands - Potvis-class sub. Launched 1965.
- BAP Abtao — Peruvian Naval Museum, Callao, Peru — 1954 Lobo-class sub. Launched 1954.
- Museum of Russian Submarine Forces at 83, Kondratiyeskiy prospekt, St. Petersburg.
- D-2 Narodovolets Submarine — Located at 10 Shkipersky Protok, Vasilyevsky Island, St. Petersburg. Launched 1994.
- S-56 — WWII submarine in Vladivostok.
- S-189 — Located at Lieutenant Schmidt Embankment in St. Petersburg.
- M-261 — Quebec-class submarine in Krasnodar.
- B-307 — Tango-class submarine in Togliatti.
- B-396 — Tango-class submarine, Museum of Submarine Navy, Moscow. Launched 1980.
- B-413 — Foxtrot-class submarine in Museum of the World Ocean, Kaliningrad. Launched 1969.
- B-440 — Foxtrot-class submarine in Vytegra.
- Museum of Submarine Armaments at Gidropribor production facility in Saint Petersburg (Russian homepage - http://www.gidropribor.ru/index.php?id=16, info in Rus. also at http://www.missiles.ru/foto_Gidropribor.htm)
- HMS Hajen — The Naval Museum, Karlskrona, Sweden - Holland type submarine. Launched 1904.
- HMS Neptun — The Naval Museum, Karlskrona, Sweden - Näcken type submarine. Launched 1980. (Open to the public starting summer of 2014)
- HMS Nordkaparen — Maritiman, Göteborg, Sweden - Draken II class submarine. Launched 1962.
- HMS U3 — House of Science and Maritime History, Malmö, Sweden - Kustubåt (littoral submarine) class submarine. Launched 1942.
- Mesoscaphe — Saint-Gingolphe, Switzerland — Exploration submarine
- SM UB-46 — the Dardanelles Naval Museum at Çanakkale — a Type UB II U-boat for the Imperial German Navy
- TCG Uluçalireis — Istanbul, Rahmi M. Koc Museum – BALAO/TENCH-class former US Navy Submarine USS Thornback (SS-418) Launched 1944
- Royal Navy Submarine Museum, Gosport, Hampshire
- HMS Alliance — Amphion-class submarine. Launched 1947
- Biber 105 — German midget submarine
- Holland 1 — first Royal Navy submarine. Launched 1901
- HMS X24 — X class submarine of WWII. Launched 1943
- LR3 (submersible) — Ocean survey and repair submersible 1982
- HMS E17 conning tower is preserved as a monument.
- HMS Ocelot — Chatham Historic Dockyard, Chatham, Kent — Oberon-class submarine. Launched 1962
- Biber 90 — Imperial War Museum, London — German midget submarine
- U-534 — German Type IXC/40, Birkenhead, Merseyside.
- Bayou St. John Confederate Submarine — Louisiana State Museum–Baton Rouge, Baton Rouge, Louisiana — Early Confederate States of America sub of uncertain origin.
- CSS Hunley, Confederate Submarine — Warren Lasch Conservation Center, North Charleston, South Carolina. Launched 1863
- Paterson Museum, Paterson, New Jersey
- Holland sub #1 — J. P. Holland's first experimental sub. Launched 1878.
- Fenian Ram — J. P. Holland's second experimental sub. Launched 1881.
- U.S. Navy Submarine Force Museum, Groton, Connecticut
- Maritime Museum of San Diego, San Diego, California
- New Jersey Naval Museum — Hackensack, New Jersey
- Naval Undersea Museum, Keyport, Washington
- B-427 — Long Beach, California — Soviet Foxtrot (641)-class sub (renamed Scorpion).
- National Museum of the Pacific War, Fredericksburg, Texas
- HA-19 — Japanese Type 'A' Midget Submarine. WWII Early 1940s, beached at Pearl Harbor, TH, 7 December 1941.
- USS Pintado — Conning tower on display in the Memorial Courtyard
- Intelligent Whale — National Guard Militia Museum of New Jersey, Sea Girt, New Jersey — experimental hand-cranked submarine. Launched 1863.
- Juliett 484 (K-77/B-77) — Collier Point Park, Providence, Rhode Island — Soviet guided missile sub. Launched 1965. The sub was scrapped in 2009 after no one bought the sub after it sank and was recovered.
- U-505 — Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago, Illinois — German type IXC U-boat - captured in WWII. Launched 1941.
- Seawolf Park, Galveston, Texas
- Buffalo and Erie County Naval & Military Park, Buffalo, New York.
- Conventional Submarines
- USS Albacore — Albacore Park and Museum, Portsmouth, New Hampshire — Research Sub - First US teardrop hull. Launched 1953.
- USS Batfish — War Memorial Park, Muskogee, Oklahoma — WWII Balao-class sub. Launched 1943.
- USS Balao — Conning tower at the Navy Memorial Museum, Washington, DC.
- USS Baya — Periscope at the Vallejo Naval and Historical Museum, Vallejo, California.
- USS Becuna — Independence Seaport Museum, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania — WWII Balao-class sub. Launched 1944.
- USS Blueback — OMSI Museum, Portland, Oregon — last US Navy non-nuclear sub. Launched 1959.
- USS Bowfin — USS Bowfin Museum, Honolulu, Hawaii — WWII Gato-class sub. Launched 1942.
- USS Clamagore — Patriots Point Maritime Museum, Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina — WWII Balao-class sub. Launched 1945.
- USS Cobia — Wisconsin Maritime Museum, Manitowoc, Wisconsin — WWII Gato-class sub. Launched 1943.
- USS Cod — National Historic Landmark, Cleveland Ohio — WWII Gato-class sub. Launched 1943.
- USS Drum — Battleship Memorial Park, Mobile, Alabama — WWII Gato-class sub. Launched 1941.
- USS Flasher — Conning tower at the WWII National Submarine Memorial - East, Groton, CT.
- USS Growler — Intrepid Sea-Air-Space Museum, New York, New York — Grayback/Regulus II-class sub. Launched 1958.
- USS Lionfish — Battleship Cove Museum, Fall River, Massachusetts — WWII Balao-class sub. Launched 1943.
- USS Marlin — Freedom Park, Omaha, Nebraska — T-1-class training submarine. Launched 1953.
- USS Pampanito — S. F. Maritime National Park, San Francisco, California — WWII Balao-class sub. Launched 1943.
- USS Parche — conning tower barrel, bridge structure, shears, and upper gun at the Naval Submarine Base, Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.
- USS Razorback — Arkansas Inland Maritime Museum, North Little Rock, Arkansas — WWII Balao-class sub. Launched 1944.
- USS Requin — Carnegie Science Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania — WWII Tench-class sub. Launched 1945.
- USS Sailfish — bridge and conning tower at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard, Kittery, Maine
- USS Silversides — Naval & Maritime Museum, Muskegon, Michigan — WWII Gato-class sub. Launched 1941.
- USS Tambor — Periscope on display the Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit, Michigan
- USS Torsk — Baltimore Maritime Museum, Baltimore, Maryland — Tench-class sub. Launched 1944. Sank Last Combatant Japanese ships in WWII.
- Nuclear Submarines
- USS George Bancroft — sail is on display at Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay, Georgia.
- USS George Washington — Sail at the Submarine Force Library and Museum, Groton, Connecticut
- USS Grayling
- USS Hawkbill — Sail at Arco, Idaho
- USS Lewis and Clark — Sail and upper rudder at Patriots Point, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
- USS Mariano G. Vallejo — Sail at Mare Island Naval Shipyard, Vallejo, California
- USS Nathanael Greene — Sail on display in Port Canaveral, Florida
- USS Omaha — Sail, rudder, and hull mockup at Levi Carter Park, Omaha, Nebraska
- USS Woodrow Wilson — Sail at Naval Base Kitsap, Bangor, Washington
- Музей подводного флота России (Подводная лодка) (Museum of Submarine Navy of Russia)
- Submarine museum of the world, map
- U-8047 TRUST Submarine Museum
- Historical Naval Ships Association
- The Rahmi M Koç Museum
- U. S. Navy Submarine Force Museum
- Patterson Museum
- WWII U.S. Submarine Memorials and Museums
- Museum submarines in the United States
- Indonesian Navy Submarine Monument
- CB-20 midget submarine page