List of systems of the human body
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Part of a series of|
|Lists of human
The major systems of the human body are as follows (names of auxiliary/supporting systems in italics):
- Nervous system
- Collects and processes information from the senses via nerves and the brain and tells the muscles to contract to cause physical actions.
- Cardiovascular system
- Circulates blood around the body via the heart, arteries and veins, delivering oxygen and nutrients to organs and cells and carrying their waste products away.
- Lymphatic system
- Supplies and drains lymph fluid in support of the cardiovascular and immune systems.
- Urinary system
- Part of the excretory system.
- Excretory system
- Eliminates waste from the body.
- Digestive system
- Mechanical and chemical processes that provide nutrients via the mouth, esophagus, stomach and intestines.
- Immune system
- Defends the body against disease-causing agents.